PDA

View Full Version : F-4 Phantom

brettt777
March 13th, 2011, 19:24
Okay sooooo, who makes a decent F-4 Phantom for FSX?

Tako_Kichi
March 13th, 2011, 19:47
Okay sooooo, who makes a decent F-4 Phantom for FSX?
Nobody....yet. However both the Alphasim and Iris FS9 versions work OK in FSX.

A2A have one in the works but it will be a while yet so don't hold your breath.

VinFlyer
March 14th, 2011, 01:10
I'm looking forward to the A2A Phantom, but that will be a while. Didn't anyone managed to port over the cloud9 Phantom successfully? I'd love to fly that one in FSX.

kilo delta
March 14th, 2011, 03:52
The C9 Phantom will work in FSX with certain limitations. You'll need to carry out the usual portover glass/alpha fix and you'll need to add your own gauges too. Some of the animations don't work iirc and the fde is waaaaay off.
AFS Designs also have an F-4 for FSX (fs9 model), but the less said about that ..the better. ;p

I'm waiting on the A2A accusim'd full fat,creamy goodness Phantom. :d

Delta_Whiskey
March 14th, 2011, 07:20
i myself prefer the iris portover. this is ofcourse until an FSX version becomes available

Sieggie
March 14th, 2011, 08:47
Does Iris still support the F-4? It is not on their web store or on their product page as Payware or Freeware.

Dave

W. Bleddyn
March 14th, 2011, 09:54
It is still being sold by 3rd parties http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=867

That doesn't necessarily mean it is supported however.

BOOM
March 14th, 2011, 10:34
The wait for The A2A F4 Phantom may not be as long as once was thought,It seems A2A is making very good headway in development lately,This is from a recent post from A2A's CEO/General Scott.

/Quote"
The modularity of Accu-Sim has been working even better than we hoped for. We can just swap components at will, props, starters, systems, even engines and are doing it right now.

For example, the physical engine doesn't really care what is powering its starter, whether it is a direct-drive electric motor, a spinning inertia wheel, or an explosive charge. All three of these systems are modeled at a lower level, which in their own way, applies power to the crankshaft. So, with the P51d as it is being built, a single click can place any prop on it, any starter, or even any engine.

We recently built an Accu-Sim Allison C-15 and stuffed it in our P-40, and hung an 11ft Curtiss prop on it. A quick climb test resulted in an exact replication of an actual p-40 climb to altitude test. All of this time building these systems, brick by brick, is just making it so things we bolt on work as expected the first time." /unquote
:jump:Great News!!!!

delta_lima
March 14th, 2011, 10:54
As with the Iris and C9, Alphasim's Phantom packs are an FS9 portover option. Unlike the other models, they are now free. I've had those for quite a few years in FS9, and they work well (albeit with a bit of frame rate hit) in FSX.

For me, the ready source of TOP CLASS repaints for this model by the likes of Pierre Lleurreux, Gus Robatto, Russell Smith, Markus Hellwig (those are just the ones that come to mind) is a big factor. Bugs around gauges and other issues have been mostly worked out by folks here in some other threads:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?49122-AlphaSim-FS9-Phantom-packs-now-freeware&highlight=phantom

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?50317-Alphasim-Phantom-Airspeed-Gauge&highlight=phantom

Until an FSX model comes out with all US and RN FAA naval models - and especially the RF models, I'm staying put with this one. But that's just me ... :) ... and another interim option for you.

dl