PDA

View Full Version : DP weapons experts read this:

Morton
March 12th, 2011, 11:26
I need some info conserning CFS2s DP handling:
When some weapon files missing you get the familiar error messages when loading the AC.
But what is CFS2 looking for? The A/C DP-file only lists the OBJECT_DP files. But it seems to me that if some OBJECTS_DP files are missing it still works as long as the SCENEDB/Weapons are present.. Moreover the OBJECT_DP filename cant directly be linked with the SCENEDB files. How does it work?

Or put in other words, if you want to write some sw which could point to A/Cs with incomplete weapons setup, what should you check? (maybe it's not possible..?)

Morton

bearcat241
March 12th, 2011, 15:17
In my experience with the pop ups, its always a case of the sim not finding the weapon's parent bgl file. If you hex a weapon bgl with a hex editor you can find a text reference to the weapon's dp name somewhere in the first few lines. This name tells you what dp file is associated with that bgl. In the case of a "bundled" weap bgl like Dbolt's or even the default CFS2 weapons bgl's, you can find multiple dp name references. If you scasm those bgls the dp names become even more readable.

So the question is do you work forward from the weap bgl to the object dp to the aircraft dp or backwards -- aircraft dp to objects dp to bgl?

demorier
March 12th, 2011, 16:56
Had an error like that a little while back with a previous install of Dbolt's weapon package. I just reinstalled it over the top of the existing stuff and it's fine now....I suspected it may have been a bgl glitch ???

Morton
March 13th, 2011, 06:41
I'm just thinking loud Bearcat.. if all weapons in the BGLs were named with WEP_.., it would be easy to create a database with BGLSs, DP names etc. Likewise if all weapon names in the BGL could be located by some trigger -data it would also be great. But non of these options can be used I think. Guess the only safe way is to "SCASM" all BGLs to find the connection.

Mort

simonu
March 13th, 2011, 07:40
Hi fellas, there is a utility called fsregen by G.Ioannu. It is a modellers tool kit and includes a library tool that will generate a nice list of all the object GUIDs and names in a library bgl without decompiling.
Might be useful if you are hunting which BGL contains which objects

Morton
March 13th, 2011, 07:42
Hi fellas, there is a utility called fsregen by G.Ioannu. It is a modellers tool kit and includes a library tool that will generate a nice list of all the object guids and names in a library bgl.
Might be useful if you are hunting which BGL contains which objects

Where, where?? Very interesting Simonu. Might be just what I want!

mort

simonu
March 13th, 2011, 07:54
Here (http://newsite.fsdeveloper.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=40)

When you have it installed start fsregen in the usual way. look at the bottom for the Library Tool button, that is all you need, press it, the library tool opens in a separate window. There is a file navigator, point it at a library bgl and the contents will be displayed.

Extra information includes the object type definition and scale which is helpfull if you are using the objects in scasm coded scenery.

The tool has an extra function, "Make Universal" it applies to FS2002 city librarys that have geographical bounds. Making them universal removes the bounds.

Morton
March 13th, 2011, 15:05
Thanks Simonu! That was excactly what I wanted to accomplish. Next step would be to find out how he does it..

Mort :ernae: