PDA

View Full Version : i have a demoral,moral i guess....help

Daveroo
March 11th, 2011, 20:18
the simple answer will be no im sure but i wanna help the guy out....but dont want do harm to our community.

heres the thing.he has a very damaged back from pro motor cyclr racing for years and he rove his two wheeller for years with the placer so SAR.he also vollunteered for the PCSO SAR dog teams,he also invented a single wheel attatchmnet for stokes to put behind a two wheel motorcycle or at to take a victim from the back woods where a 4x4 coulndt get nor could you cary that farthhe thing is now used world wide,,,cetp he get nno residuales,he sold it the to pcso.....well he has the bad back,,,cancer,,,hi belly protrudes like soocorball and the rest of him is thin.his wife i disabled and his daught has 7 babies by 7 differaant baby daddys...one look and you will under stand this fact.......MOMMMIE111111111.....I DIGRESS...they have no money...the power and water is beieeeeng turn off constantly,,,turn on right away...but i guess thye beg or borrow.

well he is a private eye,and one of his clients built him a computer instead of paying,duel core 3.4some ghz((i cant find any that big myself,beut he swears to it)16 gb ram,2 1tb HDs at 10,000rpm,2 video cards at 16 gb each, running 3, 22 inch monitors1100watt or 1200 watt power supply...he wasnt sure...(and i dont even know if they come that powerfull yet.)he did say it was water cooled....for whatever that means....

here the rub....i had given him my old ch products yoke and a sieteck hotas,,,,,he has to wait...it seems to be months before he can fly.....im tempted to take over my copy og fsx deluxe with the accerleratio pack and install that and the get into flightsm.cm out-house...com and simviation maybe avsim and get him some plnes to fly.....

would if be
"piracy to do this with my copy?//??????

daverr

N2056
March 11th, 2011, 20:40
I'm afraid you had it right from the start, and unfortunately there is no gray area on this subject.
Copied is piracy. I'm guessing for around $30 you could hook him up with FSX Gold. Given the situation I wish there was a better answer, but it is what it is.

icarus
March 11th, 2011, 20:45
yes actually piracy mean coping a copyrighted product and not impersonate captain hook, checking the situation you could directly buy a copy for him.

gradyhappyg
March 11th, 2011, 21:09
I have a plain Jane FSX I would be willing to give up thats just sitting in a filling cabinet getting dusty,no service packs or anything. If you are interested let me know.

Roger
March 12th, 2011, 03:14
I have a plain Jane FSX I would be willing to give up thats just sitting in a filling cabinet getting dusty,no service packs or anything. If you are interested let me know.

That sounds like a great offer. SP1 and SP2 could be downloaded for free if he has decent broadband.

Daveroo
March 12th, 2011, 06:09
ill talk to him and see what he says.....

i didnt install mine onto his pc because it just didnt feel right,,,,i told him he needs to buy gold...im just going to leave it at that i think

TeaSea
March 12th, 2011, 06:13
Yep Daveroo, you knew the answer already.....

.......but I sympathize.

I manage a fleet of DOD systems on several networks, and we code out and send our 3 year old systems to DRMO every 6 months or so. These are good kits and usually in great condition, just won't run the ever increasing software we must accommodate.

I'd love to transfer them to the USO at the various airports our troopers run through (since their machines are usually ancient and barely operataional), but I can't. First off, the HDD's must be destroyed (data security concerns), secondly, I can give them no software from our enterprise license.

It's a pity, but there you are.

BTW, if you think you're going to get a DRMO bargain here, be aware that before any machine is shipped out we completely cannibalize them for parts. If you want a case and power supply with the motherboard (and maybe the processor), then perhaps it's a good deal.