PDA

View Full Version : a new moderator added :)

warchild
March 11th, 2011, 15:45
You know him, you love him.. he's one of a kind and awesome.. Lets give N2056 a big round of welcome applause as he joins our ranks here in the fsx forum alonf with me as an SOH moderator :)..
Pam

huub vink
March 11th, 2011, 15:46
Congrats and good luck N2056!

Huub

glennc
March 11th, 2011, 15:50
Saaaaalluuute, :salute:

Glenn

txnetcop
March 11th, 2011, 16:06
A steely-eyed engineer type! Welcome to the jungle...hey isn't that a song????LOL
Ted

N2056
March 11th, 2011, 16:15
I just hope it doesn't get worse here day by day...I might get sacked! :icon_lol:

Pam, thanks for the intro. I'm looking forward to working with you, the rest of the staff, and all of the SOH members that have kept me coming back for more for the last 4 years. :salute:

PRB
March 11th, 2011, 16:19
Welcome aboard, N2056!

Roger
March 11th, 2011, 16:36
Welcome to my favorite forum at the SOH:ernae:

mike_cyul
March 11th, 2011, 17:14
Now we're in trouble! :) :) :)

Mike

TeaSea
March 11th, 2011, 17:34
Doom Doom Doom Doom, Doom doom, Doom doom doom, doom doom doom doom dooom, doom doom, doom doom doom doom, doomy doomy doom.

the end.

:)

OleBoy
March 11th, 2011, 19:06
Inside joke..and, I seriously can not resist

N2056
March 11th, 2011, 19:17
The Monkey!

You jest made my list... :173go1:

robert41
March 11th, 2011, 19:30
Welcome N2056.

icarus
March 11th, 2011, 20:53
Welcome aboard

big-mike
March 12th, 2011, 06:02
Also a welcome from me!
Michael

Sedr37
March 14th, 2011, 11:01
Good luck!!!

Navy Chief
March 14th, 2011, 13:51
Congratulations!

Btw, speaking of moderators........did anyone EVER hear back from C9gal? I sure do miss her being on here....

NC

skyhawka4m
March 14th, 2011, 14:36
surprise surprise...another moderator........now thats a GOOD/GRIEF :banghead:

merida72
March 15th, 2011, 14:30
Good luck!!! Good luck!!! beby

Helldiver
March 15th, 2011, 17:30
Good Grief !

Kiwikat
March 15th, 2011, 20:20
Where have all the threads gone in the last couple days? Hiding the threads isn't going to make the issue at hand go away.

This is not the way to be doing things.

Tracon
March 15th, 2011, 20:24
Just want to cast my vote with the rest of the crowd.

N2056
March 15th, 2011, 20:30
@ kiwikat: In defense I will tell you that those were things that were rolling before I was brought in...and that I had nothing to do with.

With that said I guess you have pretty much killed the spirit of this thread. I guess I'll ask that it get locked.

Kiwikat
March 15th, 2011, 20:35
@ kiwikat: In defense I will tell you that those were things that were rolling before I was brought in...and that I had nothing to do with.

With that said I guess you have pretty much killed the spirit of this thread. I guess I'll ask that it get locked.

I've got nothing against you Robert. I miss the days we used to talk on messenger.

The "new" direction of SOH is another story though.

I wasn't the one who "killed" the spirit of the thread. Many others have wanted to say what I did. Simply look a few posts up. The other threads where it was being discussed were removed. This discussion will just move onto another thread. You guys can keep locking it and removing it, but its going to continue.

Tracon
March 15th, 2011, 20:37
locked, already. thanks kiwikat.

Timbohobo
March 15th, 2011, 20:43
The tantrums here are astonishing! :sheep:

Kiwikat
March 15th, 2011, 20:46
The tantrums here are astonishing! :sheep:

Tantrum? Being concerned about a community you've been part of for 4 years is a tantrum?

I've donated here for two years straight. I've posted more than 3000 posts since I first came here. I've even submitted files to the library in the past. I think I've earned my couple cents to throw in. :salute:

Tracon
March 15th, 2011, 20:49
And it's the dedicated members like you that keep the Outhouse alive! For that I thank you. :ernae:

N2056
March 15th, 2011, 20:50
The direction SOH is going in is being worked on. That might have something to do with my getting involved. My disappointment stems from the fact that you felt the need to bring that up here vice opening a new topic.

Everyone else said "welcome". You came in and criticized current events without so much as a "Hi".

You know me well enough to know that I am going to call things as I see them, but hopefully I will do it in a professional manner. All I ask is that others do the same.

Kiwikat
March 15th, 2011, 20:54
The direction SOH is going in is being worked on. That might have something to do with my getting involved. My disappointment stems from the fact that you felt the need to bring that up here vice opening a new topic.

Everyone else said "welcome". You came in and criticized current events without so much as a "Hi".

You know me well enough to know that I am going to call things as I see them, but hopefully I will do it in a professional manner. All I ask is that others do the same.

It is by chance that it is on your thread Robert. I agree it isn't the right place to talk about this. However I did respond on multiple threads that have been locked and removed. Where are we to discuss what's going on? If we create a new thread about the situation, who's to say it too won't be removed?

Please answer some of these questions so we can discuss this in the proper thread that won't be locked and hidden. :salute:

djscoo
March 15th, 2011, 21:01
My disappointment stems from the fact that you felt the need to bring that up here vice opening a new topic.

It would have just been deleted.

N2056
March 15th, 2011, 21:03
Guys, remember your first days at a new job? It takes time to get up to speed on how things are done. One of the reasons I am keeping low is because I am learning some things. Granted, there have been problems. In my real life job when something doesn't work like you thought it should you go back and figure out why (which here includes comments you guys make). Then you make adjustments and try again.

We're human. Just like you. Trust me...I understand the frustration but I don't have a magic wand that fixes it magically. Give it some time.

EDIT- In the interest of constructive dialogue I have asked that this stay active

djscoo
March 15th, 2011, 21:08
Don't take it personally. I think you are just a victim of bad timing.

N2056
March 15th, 2011, 21:14
I'm not really taking it personally (not too much at least). All I'm trying to do is let you know that I (we) actually have a plan.

One of my big goals is to try and have fun doing this. The crowd here is a good one and that really should not be hard to do.

Tim-HH
March 16th, 2011, 02:46
Good luck, N2056! :wavey:

But I agree with Kiwikat...deleting the 'Good/Grief' thread without any comment was not very helpful for the situation. What's wrong with simply telling the users that the 'banning system' was obviously not a good idea and has been discarded? :)

Greetings
Tim

Helldiver
March 16th, 2011, 03:04
By the way, how many moderators are they are and who might they be. Some of them drift off to be replaced by new ones. Stand and be counted.

Brett_Henderson
March 16th, 2011, 04:12
A forum that thrives, will have a membership cross-section that includes many free spirits.

In a "gotta take the good with the bad" reality; there's a VERY thin line between governing, and dictating.

Thread-locking is a necessary component of forum governance, but it does takes ya right up to that line; a loaded gun of last resort.. Thread deletion is akin to book burning, and is a step over the line.

In this thread's spirit of welcoming a new moderator: Whilst planning,, be careful what you wish for :salute:

N2056
March 16th, 2011, 04:51
Just a quick note for the record. I currently do not have the ability to lock threads. None of that was by my hand.

Meshman
March 16th, 2011, 08:11
Welcome to the party, Mr. Kerr! :wavey:

They still have that he!!-hole of a mega home improvement store over by the Honda dealership? Gosh I hated delivering to that store.... But if I came over from Santee to get a load of "orange buckets" it took me right by KSEE and that was always nice! :jump:

PRB
March 16th, 2011, 09:39
By the way, how many moderators are they are and who might they be. Some of them drift off to be replaced by new ones. Stand and be counted.

The moderators for a particular forum are identified at the bottom of the page for that forum. They and other moderators are also identified by the "SOH Staff" title above the avatar. Moderators have responsibility for and authority within the forums to which they are assigned. Administrators (even the "Jr." ones) have authority over all the forums, and have more "magic powers" such as the ability to merge threads, move them, and other (classified) capabilities. If you see that some action has been taken within a forum by somebody not identified as a moderator for that forum, it's because it was done by an administrator. This sometimes happens when the moderator is not available. Everyone has to sleep sometime. It's why we brought in a second moderator to this forum, which would keep one person very busy. Especially here!

mmann
March 16th, 2011, 10:41
Administrators (even the "Jr." ones) have authority over all the forums, and have more "magic powers" such as the ability to merge threads, move them, and other (classified) capabilities.

Interesting that you mention about the capability of moving threads. Is there any chance of moving the ones that have nothing to do with FSX yet were posted in the FSX General Discussion nonetheless. The ones titled OT 303 SMLE and off topic mauser 98 are two that spring to mind.

Regards, Mike Mann

Roger
March 16th, 2011, 12:06
Mike,
For some people this FsX forum is the only one they visit here, so if the odd OT thread starts (and marked as such in the title) no one minds unless too many are posted.