PDA

View Full Version : Chief "kills" his monkey toy.....

Navy Chief
March 11th, 2011, 12:25
My sister sent my dog Chief a new toy, which arrived today. It's a battery-operated monkey that rolls around on the floor, laughing. I no sooner installed the batteries, and turned the toy on...and Chief was trying to snatch it from my hands. I put the monkey on the floor, and Chief was on it in an instant, shaking it like he does everything he is wanting to "kill". Hysterical! I was laughing so hard, it's a wonder I was able to hold my camera steady enough to video him.....

You'll notice at the top of the video, I spelled monkey - "minkey"....that's because of The Pink Panther movies, when Peter Sellers would say, "Chimpanzee Minkey".........

GpZhwZHUOfo

NC

Crusader
March 11th, 2011, 12:40
It sounds like Chief doesn't want to share any of his dinner tonight . This is funny NC .

Rich

TARPSBird
March 11th, 2011, 12:46
Rotties crack me up! Give 'em a toy and they're suddenly 8 weeks old again! :d

Navy Chief
March 11th, 2011, 13:19
Rotties crack me up! Give 'em a toy and they're suddenly 8 weeks old again! :d

My beloved Chief turns 9 years old this month! But yes, he does act like a puppy:) Just like I don't EVER want to grow up!

NC

HouseHobbit
March 11th, 2011, 13:38
Rott's, are such wonderful Dogs, this is Too Cool..
BRAVO..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

Cazzie
March 11th, 2011, 14:52
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Keel zat Minkey!

luckydog
March 11th, 2011, 17:18
:applause::applause::applause:

I'm not as ruff with my toys.......I just spank my monkey.

Tracon
March 11th, 2011, 17:57
That is hilarious :icon_lol:

Navy Chief
March 12th, 2011, 04:03

You crack me up!!!!!

NC

argo147
March 12th, 2011, 08:38
Thats pretty funny, my parents have a Rottie who had a monkey similar to the one in your video. All thats left of it is the face, she'll bury it for a few weeks then bring it in the house for another week or so then put it back into the ground. I guess rotties just don't like monkeys...

Navy Chief
March 12th, 2011, 15:26
Thats pretty funny, my parents have a Rottie who had a monkey similar to the one in your video. All thats left of it is the face, she'll bury it for a few weeks then bring it in the house for another week or so then put it back into the ground. I guess rotties just don't like monkeys...

Oh it isn't that Chief doesn't like monkeys. He acts this way with everything he considers to be a toy, whether a stuffed animal, or even a stick in the yard.

Years ago, I did see him catch a possum (he really hates possums). He shook it the same way he does his toys, and well, the possum didn't do so good!

NC

TARPSBird
March 12th, 2011, 21:31
My 1/2 Rottie Joker went 1-on-1 with a possum a couple years ago. We didn't see the event but the outcome was not good for the possum - the wife found his remains while she was weed-wacking. Visualize a little Filipina lady holding a raggedy possum corpse by the tail and hollering for me to come out and ID the thing. :d

Cazzie
March 13th, 2011, 03:03

Bad dog, bad dog! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Chief, all dogs will shake caught prey like that, they do it to snap the cervical at the neck rendering the prey paralyzed and incapable of defending. My chocolate lab hates 'possums and grounds hogs, will kill either in the same manner. Squirrels are too fast for her, but if caught napping, they are dead too. Funny, she won't mess with a raccoon.

GT182
March 13th, 2011, 17:07
Proof that 'Chief' doesn't like being laughed at by a minky.

Poor minky. Next time he'll go eat a banana in the corner.... out of 'Chief's' reach.

Bushpounder
March 13th, 2011, 18:06
LMAO!!! Good one, Chief! He certainly was enjoying himself!!

Don