PDA

View Full Version : FSD C-17

flyboyhunt05
March 11th, 2011, 00:04
Hey guys. I was wondering where to get this little gem. I looked on the FSD site and I didn't see anything, and checked the post here about it being released as freeware but the link didn't work. Does anyone know where it went? I really want to get it again if I can.

Thanks,
Flyboyhunt05

Ferry_vO
March 11th, 2011, 01:01
Well it used to be available on their site, but it looks like they've made a new one? Maybe you should post your question in their forums?

awj112
March 11th, 2011, 04:15
It was freeware for a little bit but I think FSD had a moment of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. The site was saying it was freeware but email replies from FSD staff were saying it isn't. It looks like they decided it isn't. If I remember correctly, there is a really old Project Opensky C-17 that is essentually this aircraft. I think Simviation has it.

Wild Bill Kelso
March 11th, 2011, 08:31
If I remember correctly, there is a really old Project Opensky C-17 that is essentually this aircraft.

If I'm not too wrong, the POSky C-17 is very old indeed, as it's a FS2002 model (built with an early FSDS), leading to some issues with animated parts in FS2004 (gear invisible etc.).
I've grabbed the GMAX-built FSD version when it was free and was a little surprised that the POSky textures do perfectly fit on the old FSD airframe...

Cheers,
Markus.

awj112
March 11th, 2011, 08:41
If I'm not too wrong, the POSky C-17 is very old indeed, as it's a FS2002 model (built with an early FSDS), leading to some issues with animated parts in FS2004 (gear invisible etc.).
I've grabbed the GMAX-built FSD version when it was free and was a little surprised that the POSky textures do perfectly fit on the old FSD airframe...

Cheers,
Markus.

You are not wrong Markus. I only mention it because I made the same discovery about the FSD repaints and the Project OpenSky C-17. I wanted the Altus AFB repaint and FSD seems to have experienced memory loss, they couldn't figure out they had one so I tried the one from the Opensky C-17.

jhoopes2
March 17th, 2011, 20:14
Glad I snagged the FSD C-17 when I did then :) I would like to re-do some of the VC gauges however...and maybe do something about the weight distribution...shes quite front heavy or something (see fuel loading/stations).