PDA

View Full Version : OT: ACM and Win 7 64 bit

PutPut
March 9th, 2011, 19:00
I notice in the fs9 forum Obio states he can't get Aircraft Container Manager (ACM) to run on Win 7 64 bit. I have been running Win 7 and Win XP in dual boot (separate HD's) for a few months and most everything I have copied over works. I am just about to try ACM and then switch to Win 7 permanently. Does anyone have ACM working in Win 7 or know if it will or won't?

Thanks, Paul

Rich
March 9th, 2011, 19:43
Paul, it will not work on FSX models in XP which is what I have, do'nt know about Win 7 64 bit.

PutPut
March 9th, 2011, 19:54
Yeah, I know it doesn't work with FSX models so I cheat. I design with FSDS v3.51 and when I am ready to work on the .cfg file I set the options in FSDS to FS9 and compile a copy with Makemdl into FS9. ACM sees that and I can use all it's tools on the .cfg file. When I am done I set FSDS back to FSX (compile with XToMdl) and copy the appropriate .cfg sections into my on going FSX project file.
BTW, I had a recent email exchange with Karl-Heinz Klotz, the creator of ACM and he is no longer working on a FSX version of ACM because of work and family pressures. Too Bad!

Best, Paul