PDA

View Full Version : Hi All! Long time no see

leroy10
March 8th, 2011, 20:19
Was just passing the neighbourhood and saw the light on and thought I'd drop in and say hi!

Well hasn't this place had a few changes since I was last here.

So what's news on the CFS2 front?

Cheers :ernae:
Lindsay

Pen32Win
March 8th, 2011, 20:27
Another of the Old Hat's drops in!!! Howdy Lindsay. Actually I just came back about a month ago from a long break. Lots and lots of new stuff in every area. Good things are still happening to the "Middle CFS Child". Good to hear from you.

Jagdflieger
March 8th, 2011, 22:08
Welcome back Lindsay!

Thanks for your efforts over there.

demorier
March 8th, 2011, 22:20
Hi neighbour, good to hear from you again.:wavey:

watchdog22
March 8th, 2011, 22:50
Hi Mate, I've been MIA for a while too after the floods and another computer meltdown (Must unplug computer during thunderstorm!!!). I've made the odd visit on a friends computer though and now I have a brand new rig with a good surge protector. Has the Fiat CR42 been coverted to CFS2 yet?

Rami
March 9th, 2011, 01:47
Hi Mate, I've been MIA for a while too after the floods and another computer meltdown (Must unplug computer during thunderstorm!!!). I've made the odd visit on a friends computer though and now I have a brand new rig with a good surge protector. Has the Fiat CR42 been coverted to CFS2 yet?

Watchdog,

It can be, but it's not multi-lod. (So sad!) It's good to see you again.

leroy10
March 9th, 2011, 03:18
Pen,
So what was the final word on CFS/FS, are MS developing another version or was FSX the final?

Jagdflieger,
No worries my friend, anytime. :salute:

Demi,
what have you been up too lately, much in the works?

watchdog22, don't rely on a surge protector, I've seen them get fried too. I've seen a computer where all the parts were literally fused together after a lightning hit. Should have emailed me when yours was taken out, I could have made something up to tie you over. How did you fair in the floods? Hope you kept your feet dry.

Shadow Wolf 07
March 9th, 2011, 03:55
Welcome back "old chum." I hope you stay with us for a while. I'm building a campaign and your objects are being put to good use. :salute:

Dirtman
March 9th, 2011, 05:21
Was just passing the neighbourhood and saw the light on and thought I'd drop in and say hi!

.... 32934

Great ta see ya Lindsay .... did ya bring any beer??

... 32932

Cody Coyote
March 9th, 2011, 06:40
Welcome home Lindsay! :salute:

Captain Kurt
March 9th, 2011, 08:44
It's nice to see a bunch of the pioneers checking back in. Stay awhile, there's still a lot of development going on here. :wavey:

Discus
March 9th, 2011, 17:39
Lindsay

You are a legend to me. Your trees, filelist.dat eliminator, moon and clouds textures were and are a must for my installs since 2005. I havenīt get to use your GLS tutorial, although I know I should.

Good to see you around!

Cheers, Discus:salute:

Talon
March 9th, 2011, 19:18
Good to see you again Lindsay. I'm hoping you get to finish that great P-40 you were working on. It's the best I've ever flown. I know everyone would love it as much as I do.

Talon

leroy10
March 10th, 2011, 04:04
Thanks for the kind words Discus I'm glad you're getting enjoyment out of the add-ons. That alone makes all worth it IMO.

Hey DM, always a cold beer here for you buddy. If you're every in the land of Oz drop in for a visit and I'll shout you a few cold ones. :ernae:

Al, The P-40 is awesome to fly but when I'm going to get the time to complete her is another story. It really doesn't need much to finish her off but being a director of 5 companies doesn't give me much free time. I'm even seriously contemplating releasing it as is, gmax model and all, just so someone else can take over the reins and get it out there for all to enjoy.

Cheers :ernae:
Lindsay

rhumbaflappy
March 10th, 2011, 11:13
Hi Lindsay.

Good to read from you again. MS is developing "Flight" to continue the FS series.

Microsoft Flight (http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/)

They update the website about once a month. No public beta that I'm aware of... Should be released in October, with any luck. It appears to be a continuation of some FSX coding. Already it's been soundly condemned by the masses. ;)

No CFS... probably not politically correct. Some of the old Aces team are still with Microsoft, some even developing Flight. Some of those guys are old CFS2 fans and post at the outhouse occasionally.

Dick

kelticheart
March 10th, 2011, 13:34
Hello Lindsay!

It's good to see you here again! I am still filling up hundreds of square km worth of ETO airports with your trees and objects, mostly made by Pen32Win and the rest by Achim.

Then, I am able to turn them GSL thanks to your tutorial about MB built-in GSL tools. In other words, your works are still vital for a full CFS2 enjoyment!

Stick around, whenever you need to take a break from your busy schedule, this is an excellent brain-relaxation place!

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Jean Bomber
March 10th, 2011, 13:48
.... did ya bring any beer??

Now it's mine :ernae:
Welcome back at the base Lindsay,there always something new here.

"No CFS... probably not politically correct. ":monkies: or a financial reason ,I would prefer...
but a cfs2+vtp2+autogen and new worldmap(masks lines mesh) ,without any flatten, could be a good starting point for a new aventure http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon22.gif.....well ,we will continue to devellopp the ol' Cfs2
JP

erufle
March 12th, 2011, 06:26
Lindsay, pay no attention to the drunk asking for beer. Stick around to do a project or two.