PDA

View Full Version : Avsim new library system critizised

Z-claudius24
March 6th, 2011, 05:02
Hi,

New system is viewed like a back step by many users !

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/329258-wow/
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/329274-comments-on-the-new-file-library

WarHorse47
March 6th, 2011, 05:39
Ouch. :isadizzy:

--WH

Kiwikat
March 6th, 2011, 06:54
Geez the flightsim community is more resistant to change than any other hobby community I'm part of... :isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

Ickie
March 6th, 2011, 07:35
give them some time new scripts are hell, lol, they will get them figured out, it took us 6 months to get it all corrected.

Wild Bill Kelso
March 6th, 2011, 07:44
...it took us 6 months to get it all corrected.

I guess it took less time for most of the SOH users to get accustomed to the new layout back then! And the negative feedback sounded quite similar those days.

And today?
Everything fine here (lots of things even better than before!) - and I'm pretty confident the AVSIM staff will get everything sorted out fine as well!

Cheers,
Markus.

Blackbird686
March 6th, 2011, 11:54
I wondered what was going on over at Avsim... I was originally going to post a question here, but now... it all makes sense. lol! It took me FOREVER to get used to the way they had things set up and then they go and change it. :isadizzy:

BB686:USA-flag:

Ickie
March 6th, 2011, 11:58
sometimes scripts just dont work out right, thats why they maybe changed. I know when we changed to the new library, we had hundreds of complaints. It took Rami and the CFS-2 bunch to finally get it all up and running. It ras a real hard thing to learn and setup. Nothing comes with instructions, lol

edmoore235
March 6th, 2011, 14:02
Just was on AVSIM - yep, it is new but it seems for to be working OK. Uploaded a zip with the usual stuff (BTW: thumbnail uploads are much easier!) and in fact have completed about five uploads the last two days with no problems. I did prefer the old system but the new one is working OK for me - just a little different. Take care.

Ed

GypsyBaron
March 6th, 2011, 15:45
IMO the new Avsim library look/format is just plain freaking unusable!

The font is too small. The area consumed by each entry is far too big so trying to
scan the "new files" quickly is now impossible. The screenshots/images now load far too slowly.

The old library was functional and easy to navigate and view without having to squint
at the text descriptions.

This is what it needs to be so that you can scan through the descriptions quickly.

For me, now, Avsim is a waste of time! They've screwed the pooch!

Paul

andersel
March 8th, 2011, 00:01
As I said in another thread, change for it's own sake doesn't make much sense to me. But who am I to question another's motives. AVSIM's new format looked interesting at first glance and, upon further consideration, I rather like the new look. I'm having a bit of trouble re-registering for the Library/Forums but the folks that run things over there are trying to help out. I'm sure we'll get around/over the difficulties. I'm trying to look at this a an adventure. PTTP. LA