PDA

View Full Version : 'Wow!'

Panther_99FS
December 2nd, 2008, 20:38
10gb of temporary internet files deleted and still going......

Panther_99FS
December 2nd, 2008, 20:40
Just finished...13gb cleared...(I have a 450gb hd..)

Tako_Kichi
December 2nd, 2008, 21:38
I delete mine just before closing Firefox before going to bed. Once a week I check in the temporary internet folder just in case anything got left behind.

You may well find your computer is a whole lot faster now Panther. ;)

FlyTexas
December 3rd, 2008, 00:28
Just finished...13gb cleared...(I have a 450gb hd..)

That's a lot of muscle-lady pics. :costumes:

Brian

Panther_99FS
December 3rd, 2008, 04:24
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Snuffy
December 3rd, 2008, 04:45
I hope you can remember all your passwords to those sites ... when you clear those files and cookies you loose all that good information.

Good luck.

waco
December 3rd, 2008, 06:15
You can easily and often clean out all those files and retain your sign-in at websites with CCleaner, a freebie.
http://www.ccleaner.com/update/?v=2.13.720&l=1033

lifejogger
December 3rd, 2008, 09:46
One of my shut down procedures is to run Windows Washer, so I never have a build up of temporary internet files.

monk1
December 3rd, 2008, 17:17
You can easily and often clean out all those files and retain your sign-in at websites with CCleaner, a freebie.
http://www.ccleaner.com/update/?v=2.13.720&l=1033

Great program, been using it for years.

cheezyflier
December 4th, 2008, 07:16
Great program, been using it for years.

me 2 :applause:

GT182
December 4th, 2008, 07:23
Snuffy, just delete the Temporary Internet Files. Stay out of the Cookies. :costumes:

MCDesigns
December 4th, 2008, 09:05
Snuffy, just delete the Temporary Internet Files. Stay out of the Cookies. :costumes:

...not even the chocolate chip?? :redf:

Cazzie
December 4th, 2008, 10:05
Firefox cleans my Temps the second I exit without removing password cookies. I go in the cookies and delete them myself, because after 10 years on the WWW, I know a dang piece of spyware and adware like the back of my hand!

Still good to go to Internet Options and clean the MS cache too, it will collect goodies even when using FF.

Caz

Buddha13
December 4th, 2008, 12:23
Hi all,
This is a great program for sorting out your computers crap.
http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html?Str=download
2 versions,payware and freeware.The freeware one does just about everything you need.
Even Moe liked it,
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=3480

Buddha13

OBIO
December 6th, 2008, 00:46
I run CCleaner everytime I leave the internet. Temp Internet Files, Cookies...they all go. I don't store passwords on my system...for any site...never ever. If my passwords aren't stored on my computer, that makes it a bit harder for anyone to get their slimey fingers on to them.

I was at my in-law's house one day and they asked me to take a look at their system and figure out why it was SOOOOOOOOOO VERRRRRRRRRRY SLOOOOOOOOOW. I downloaded CCleaner and ran it first thing. 2.8gig of junk files on their system. Then I downloaded and ran a registry cleaner and it took nearly 40 minutes to sweep the registry of dead links and such. After all that, the system was still slow, but it was not as SLOOOOOOOW. I told them that I could make it faster by removing AOL, all the useless browser add-ons and other crap that my sis-on-law has packed onto their system...but they think that she knows more about computers than I do...although I'm the guy she calls when her system goes belly up due to spyware, trojans, viruses, and other crap.

OBIO

FAC257
December 6th, 2008, 02:13
I'm a die hard fan of CCleaner myself and use it several times of day as I switch tasks on the computer or finish loading in new programs.

JFYI
Internet Explorer also has alot of the same built-in self cleaning system.
I use the IE version to clean-house and to monitor the mess even more times a day than CCleaner.

Actually everytime I get done with an Internet session I use the built in IE system. Then later on at some point I let CCleaner pick up the pieces.

It all starts by right clicking on the Internet Explorer icon and head down to "Properties".

Snuffy
December 6th, 2008, 04:59
Your schedule seems a little extreme Forrest, but to each his own! Good Job!!

Me I settle for a once a week thing. I do my spy, trojan, registry, and crap cleaner all in one setting.

:running:

cheezyflier
December 6th, 2008, 06:35
I told them that I could make it faster by removing AOL, all the useless browser add-ons and other crap that my sis-on-law has packed onto their system...but they think that she knows more about computers than I do...although I'm the guy she calls when her system goes belly up due to spyware, trojans, viruses, and other crap.

OBIO

hahaha i think we all know someone like this don't we? that whole post could be written about several people i know! :costumes:

Quicksand
December 6th, 2008, 07:34
Buddha13, thanks for the HU on that program.:applause: I just ran it and let it do its thing, and I cannot believe the difference!:isadizzy: I thought I was doing a decent job of keeping my computer squared away:kilroy:, but I was fooled. My machine is faster than it's ever been, and FS9 runs twice the fps as before on average! WOW!:jump::jump::jump:

Gdavis101
December 6th, 2008, 16:51
I use CCleaner.. Does a great job!

Buddha13
December 7th, 2008, 08:49
Hi Quicksand.
If you look into this program it also has the Smart defrag program as part of it in the utilities..
If Moe likes it when I gave him the link it must be good.

Buddha13

Quicksand
December 7th, 2008, 10:35
I like this program very much, as well, Buddha13. It is very user-friendly. Thanks again..

max_thehitman
December 7th, 2008, 13:22
I also reccomend highly that after you clean your box out of all the unwanted junk and cookies, to do a defragmentation of your hard disc.
This will take sometime to put all the programs into place, but once they are all neatly placed , you will see your pc working alot faster too.
Do this once every 15 days (or once a month), even if the PC says you do not need to do it.