PDA

View Full Version : Airfields: friend or foe?

flamingskull
March 5th, 2011, 08:28
I've been noticing that some airfields seemed confused as to who's side they are on. I could be coming in on approach to a RAF field and it has a blue friendly label on it and 2 miles away is another RAF field with a red enemy label and lot's of flak no doubt.....WHY?

popsaka
March 5th, 2011, 09:57
...You must be in Quick Combat or Free Flight mode...
In mission or Campaign it'll be 'back to normal'... (normal?):icon_lol:

flamingskull
March 5th, 2011, 16:10
Hmmm, ok............

Daiwilletti
March 8th, 2011, 13:38
Hmmm, ok............
Hi Flamingskull,
when you fly QC just about everyone's your enemy other than your chosen flight, airbase, and perhaps if you are lucky a local facility (usually HAA if you are in ETO).

One of the things I find really useful about this feature is that you can check out British facilities and vehicles in Britain. So I fly a 109 out of a British field, and start using the target selector and the player target view to check out all the installed facilities and spawns.

I get a lot of information eg. about what train formation is spawning, but more importantly what is NOT spawning so I can find out if there is a problem with some vehicle types. For example, I found that in an older version of ETO no allied trains appeared in earlier campaigns. Checking the a_locomotive xdp I found an entered service date of 1942 - which explained why the railyards were so quiet!

QC is also a good way of checking the look of modified facilities - I added running ground troops to HAA and in QC mode you can quickly look into what effect the change has in the facility file. I also added a large muzzle flash to the AA guns so you can see all the HAA sites blazing away at you from some distance away.