PDA

View Full Version : Some humor for the military types like myself...

skyhawka4m
March 4th, 2011, 14:36
I particularly like the reserves song....

http://www.youtube.com/user/ssgd1960#p/u/5/YTst-YysUeo

http://www.youtube.com/user/ssgd1960#p/u/2/723byD_0UrQ

http://www.youtube.com/user/ssgd1960#p/u/3/S4Y43aH9xx0

T Square
March 4th, 2011, 16:19
The third song brought to mind a quote from a book I just finished reading: When P-38 pilots in the Pacific were told that thier beloved P-38's would be replaced with P-47's the pilots replied noting that

" A Thunderbolt was a "meaningless noise that follows Lightning"

The book is "Aces High" by Bill Yenne, it's about Richard Bong and Thomas McGuire, nothing more to say, other than I highly recommend it . A very good read.

warchild
March 4th, 2011, 16:35
::LOL:: Very good humor, though i'm not sure what it has to do with FSX, especially the reserve song.. This form of post better belongs in the cantina or news hawks, though trutfully told, i can always use a good laugh in here from time to time.. Yes, always and time to time are not oxymorons, its the army way of saying it ::LOL::
Can ya tell from my spelling i was regular army?? all i ask is keep it civil and keep the political references to a very dull if not non existant roar please.... You wouldnt want to upset a lady now wouldja??
Pam

muletrain
March 4th, 2011, 17:39
Good tunes...thanks for sharing.

skyhawka4m
March 4th, 2011, 19:32
well....having been on forum a bunch of years now I've seen MANY OT posts here that went by without any issue. As to politics....where is the politics?

Mathias
March 4th, 2011, 20:28
::LOL:: Very good humor, though i'm not sure what it has to do with FSX, especially the reserve song.. This form of post better belongs in the cantina or news hawks, though trutfully told, i can always use a good laugh in here from time to time.. Yes, always and time to time are not oxymorons, its the army way of saying it ::LOL::
Can ya tell from my spelling i was regular army?? all i ask is keep it civil and keep the political references to a very dull if not non existant roar please.... You wouldnt want to upset a lady now wouldja??
Pam

That is one thing - and please Pam do not take it personal because it's just not ment like that - that annoyes me to death on public fora.
There just doesn't seem to be any room for off topic talk.
Everything goes to here or there so that the organisation ghost is being paid tribute.
I never understood why there are 20+ sub forums while 2 or 3 would absolutely suffice.
Visiting your favorit forum is like back in the old days going into the pub having your morning talk.
If you expect that talk to be split into several sub forums you expect your users to go into another pub just for talking another topic.
I hate that, I don't want to change my hang-out justso that I can share a thought that may be by chance 50% off-topic.
Hope that makes sense and rant mode off. :-)

stiz
March 5th, 2011, 00:51
what does ARMY stand for? .. "Airforce Rejected Me Yesterday"

:bump:

PRB
March 5th, 2011, 06:06
Oooh don’t give me a pee thirty nine.
for the engine is mounted behind…
:icon_lol:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

... As to politics....where is the politics?
Well there isn’t any, yet. Pam is asking, after seeing the topic, for us, the guests of this fine establishment, to please refrain from being inspired by the occasion of your post, to “go there.” The friendly warning comes from the wisdom of past experience!
<o:p></o:p>

That is one thing - and please Pam do not take it personal because it's just not ment like that - that annoyes me to death on public fora. There just doesn't seem to be any room for off topic talk. Everything goes to here or there so that the organisation ghost is being paid tribute. I never understood why there are 20+ sub forums while 2 or 3 would absolutely suffice. Visiting your favorit forum is like back in the old days going into the pub having your morning talk. If you expect that talk to be split into several sub forums you expect your users to go into another pub just for talking another topic. I hate that, I don't want to change my hang-out justso that I can share a thought that may be by chance 50% off-topic. Hope that makes sense and rant mode off. :-)
See above response to skyhawka4m. We don’t discourage “OT” because we’re “neat freaks” who like to see everything in its proper slot, but for the purpose of keeping contentious discussion to a dull roar. It’s the off topic discussions that most often degenerate into hurt feelings, followed by insinuations regarding the ancestry of your relatives, followed by flung cheeseburgers and beer bottles. Not all OT is discouraged or disallowed, but when it is, that’s usually why...