PDA

View Full Version : A Question on the Why?

Autothrottle
March 2nd, 2011, 21:27
Why is is every flight simmer seems to want more of their designers and airplane varieties? For example the P-47N coming up by Nactpiloten, wasn't there a one percent version from AVH at some point in time?

Or what to most prefer, the One percent aircraft or the Newer aircraft coming onstream?

Or does it really matter which one you prefer?

HouseHobbit
March 2nd, 2011, 21:55
As many I do enjoy the 1% birds..
But I also realize there are and have been many advances in our Newer Birds..

The newer Birds are without equal.. :medals:

The detail, the cockpits, the effects..:applause:

What can be said but.. WOW!!!! :ernae:

If you are asking I do love to wreck all the New Aircraft, and are Grateful for them..

Thanks

:salute: :salute: :salute:

OldCrow
March 2nd, 2011, 23:20
Why is is every flight simmer seems to want more of their designers and airplane varieties? For example the P-47N coming up by Nactpiloten, wasn't there a one percent version from AVH at some point in time?

Or what to most prefer, the One percent aircraft or the Newer aircraft coming onstream?

Or does it really matter which one you prefer?
I've never seen a 1% P-47N. Someone else(Jaycee?) recently made some very nice P-47's with the extended dorsal fins, including an "N" but he didn't realize that the wings were far different from the older models.
The "N" fits nicely with my custom campaign, as do most late war planes, which is what I look for. I'm still hoping someone makes some bubbletop Spitfires and a Tempest II. I'm after all of the late war planes I can find.

ndicki
March 2nd, 2011, 23:30
The AvH 4.XX Thunderbolt is a P-47M, actually. They didn't do an N.

FOO FIGHTER
March 3rd, 2011, 03:46
This is a simulator , so the aircraft should be relevant and actually try to look like the real thing. If your going to do skins or create a mission suited for a P-47N, then it would be better to have a P-47N instead of substituting with a P-47D.

We all have our favorite aircraft, I would like to see a better model of the P-55 myself. But I am thankfull for anything new at this point, including vehicles or ships. There was so very little payware aircraft done for CFS3 as it did not have the following that CFS2 or FS had. I think Jaycee's work in adding features by making them pylons is amazing! There is so much that can be done in that vein without creating an aircraft from scratch.

Underdog
March 4th, 2011, 03:40
After a long time away from CFS3 I decided to reinstall. I do not have the talent to design or paint. I can say, I cannot believe the newer models !!!!! Fantastic !!!!!! Look forward to a lot more stick time.:salute::salute:

popsaka
March 4th, 2011, 10:44
...yeah let's don't forget a P-47N done by Ted is a whole 'nother ballgame...:salute:

Bravo/4
March 4th, 2011, 14:06
Why would you not want a superior model, that totally outclasses the stock, and most of the available payware?

Just find this a very silly question, and to be frank, a little insulting to the guy spending his time making the model!

SixGhost
March 4th, 2011, 18:22
It's just a matter of what the modeler wants to do, we treat any new model like a new girlfriend, we put hundreds of hours into them. Our fun is not simming, it's creating something we love. Take that part out of it all and you get...well...nothing! ;-)

Since Ted's N comes from my D I can, in all honesty, tell you that you won't find such a close rendition of a Jug (external model) to these days in any sim. The famous FSX payware P47 is nowhere near my model in terms of accuracy and detail while being newer. Mine, with the generous help and touch from Ted and John, will be totally free. Makes you think...

OldCrow
March 4th, 2011, 23:31
...yeah let's don't forget a P-47N done by Ted is a whole 'nother ballgame...:salute:
Is that for CFS3? If so, where can I get this? Or is Nactpiloten "Ted"?

hairyspin
March 5th, 2011, 01:08
It's just a matter of what the modeler wants to do, we treat any new model like a new girlfriend, we put hundreds of hours into them. Our fun is not simming, it's creating something we love. Take that part out of it all and you get...well...nothing! ;-)...

For those who understand this, no explanation is necessary; for those who don't, no explanation is sufficient. 'Nuff said.

@OldCrow: Ted is NachtPiloten, the P47N will be for CFS3 when it's done but the VC is (afaik) still to do.

OldCrow
March 5th, 2011, 01:39
For those who understand this, no explanation is necessary; for those who don't, no explanation is sufficient. 'Nuff said.

@OldCrow: Ted is NachtPiloten, the P47N will be for CFS3 when it's done but the VC is (afaik) still to do.
Thank you my friend. The stock P-47 VC would be fine with me. :salute:

dancat
March 5th, 2011, 04:23
NO!!!!!!!
stock vc's suck ***
building a beautiful model and defacing it with a stock vc is just pointless.

OldCrow
March 5th, 2011, 11:26
NO!!!!!!!
stock vc's suck ***
building a beautiful model and defacing it with a stock vc is just pointless.
Eh...I hate moving cockpits and many custom VCs gunsights don't line up or you are sitting waaaayyy back ...I'm fine with stock VCs. I look out the windsceen mostly anyway.

HouseHobbit
March 5th, 2011, 11:44
Never use them, always fly with the HUD..
Yea one of those folks..:icon_lol:

As for the P-47N, I can't wait..:applause:
I really like the old Jug..
and this will be Wonderful..
Ever since as a young Hobbit I read Robert Johnson's Book "Thunderbolt"
He was with the 56th fighter group..
I have been a fan of all Jugs..

Thanks Ted, I do enjoy and are forever grateful for your work..BRAVO..
:salute: :salute: :salute:

dancat
March 5th, 2011, 14:39
and this one of the reasons I quit building models..
I can build a plane with no vc in a few weeks but the vc is what takes months (or years) to get right!
I take pride in my work and making it as true to life as I can.
you don't like the vc Luca built for the 109?
well thank you for making my decision to not release any of my work much easier.
and this is one little comment that pissed me off to the point that I'm leaving
cfs3 and this forum.

hairyspin
March 6th, 2011, 08:19
...I can build a plane with no vc in a few weeks but the vc is what takes months (or years) to get right!
I take pride in my work and making it as true to life as I can...

You're not kidding! Luca's Bf109 cockpit is still the best I've ever seen in CFS3 and your Fw190 wip shots are the only ones to come close to what Mathias has done for FSX imo. S! :salute:

ndicki
March 6th, 2011, 08:32
The stock VCs are utter crap, repainted or not. Compared to the aircraft we've been seeing from the Masters (to borrow a Hobbitism) I don't know how anybody can be content with them.

For the benefit of those who don't know, building a VC is unimaginably complex. Every little needle and every tiny detail is modelled individually - it's not like CFS2/FS? where you move your gauges round in a notepad file, for example. I don't know where the modellers get the patience, but I'll tell you, I'm bloody grateful that they do. It makes all the difference.

dancat
March 6th, 2011, 15:30
this is the latest 190 wip but again, I don't think I'll release it.
I wish I had the talent Mathias had and could build a fw190 like he did..but I did what I could.
I wish I could select the people who could download my work because I would like to shut some people off from downloading but since I can't, all must suffer.

pete1
March 7th, 2011, 03:51
Dancat,i would love to have a fly of your 190 or any of your models in fact,don't let a few dissenters put you off.the work you do is outstanding and i always enjoy flying your creations,i have nothing but respect for the people who bring us these wonderful aircraft and nothing but disdain for those who diss them.

alain95
March 7th, 2011, 05:40
Hello Dancat,

I didn't really understand why you don't want going on sharing your vc, but it would be a Pity if you don't. May be there are to much threads that shows poor old ones and not the best we can
have. For my parts I've convert all Fw190A-8 repaints of John Whelan as standalones, and even
if my paint jobs keeps me busy, I find time to fly around an airfield in that great Fw Cockpit.

There's one more step to realism with the glass effects on the gauges, I would like to get all you will update next. You should do it for you own pleasure and then taking positive comments here as little a bonus.

Cheers
:engel016:

alain95
March 7th, 2011, 05:45
You new gauges are awsome don't let me think I couldn't get more than that :328383283932840:applause:
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Alain/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png

ndicki
March 7th, 2011, 11:08
That really is a work of art! I don't know about some, but I think I'd enjoy it to its full potential if I got the chance... It would be a pity after all that work if it didn't get the appreciation it deserves, you have to admit.

hairyspin
March 7th, 2011, 11:19
You'll only improve on that if you do like Mathias - build, light and render in 3dsMax to give truly realistic 'pit textures, shadowing, reflections etc.

Oh, and do it full time. For your living....

(it'll only take a few years to learn how!)

loverboy1
March 7th, 2011, 13:10
some built this and that others do better at this and that . some more taleneted say at paint jobs ,others at sounds , others for misssions .... all teamwork ,

whats the one thing in life that works if one lets go , detachment and works for the larger picture

TEAMWORK

ive seen alot of good work being done from alot and no one person can do it alone . imho

the problemo comes in on that famous work ,,,,EGO. some say leave at door ,,, work for people and the people will work for you.

i know jack s&^%&^%&^%&^ but what i do know is term success .and its real essence is

Ain't no easy livin' so hold on to one another. We're all sisters, we're all brothers. Just tryin' to find our way back home. You know we can't do it alone ...Bear in mind that even Winston Churchill, one of the most charismatic figures ... And you can't do it alone:

popsaka
March 7th, 2011, 16:17
...A little ol' 190 v/c and the natives are all excited...:kilroy:

lewis11777
March 7th, 2011, 16:50
Jon my brutha there are many out there who love your work and appreciate your investment. However, even if you never build another model don't leave the forum because of a few thoughtless remarks. You have several good friends here! :salute:

dancat
March 7th, 2011, 19:17
I just got a bug up my a$$.. it'll pass eventually.

Autothrottle
March 7th, 2011, 22:28
Personally, I'm glad to see so many posts on this thread. Not to be a total jerk to the modellers involved, I never meant to offend anyone by this question. To be frank, I support all artistic works done by everyone straining their eyes in gmax to bring us all some of the finest models the CFS3 world has ever seen.

This thread was meant to test the waters really, to show everyone that CFS3 IS NOT DEAD!!!!!!

OldCrow
March 8th, 2011, 02:26
and this one of the reasons I quit building models..
I can build a plane with no vc in a few weeks but the vc is what takes months (or years) to get right!
I take pride in my work and making it as true to life as I can.
you don't like the vc Luca built for the 109?
well thank you for making my decision to not release any of my work much easier.
and this is one little comment that pissed me off to the point that I'm leaving
cfs3 and this forum.
I'm not sure what's happened in this thread...but was my comment what ruffled your feathers?

SixGhost
March 8th, 2011, 03:08
Don't give up Jon, we both know the satisfaction of seeing a model released and well received. Yours will always be welcome, and no matter what bug is crawling up your bottom, the modeling bug will prevail anyway! :lol:

I think it was a legitimate question after all, no need to take everything so serious. We need the community and the community needs us and since I've been out of it for some time...it needs YOU desperately!

loverboy1
March 8th, 2011, 04:55
THIS WILL SOLVE YOUR BUG"

"Everybody Needs Someone to Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGevlZiQ0Oc&feature=related

bring em on ..........we fly em you make em

Autothrottle
March 8th, 2011, 22:27
Dancat your models ae superbly designed!

Please dont leave this forum or CFS3. Your work is timeless. I still enjoy the butcher bird to this day. Kinda stuck between that and your mosca though. Like I said , I never meant to shame anyones work. Its good to have discussions like this to keep the sim alive.

Bravo/4
March 9th, 2011, 10:05
Is it?

NachtPiloten
March 9th, 2011, 11:53
Just decided to read this thread and holy moly! Luca is correct, this is a passion and a labor of love, no real reward other than making something from nothing. Oh and of course when I do get a chance to fly shooting the crap out of a viermot is very rewarding!:wiggle:

popsaka
March 9th, 2011, 12:11
Jon's FW190 makes the MS version look like amateur hour!!!:a1451:

Now, that said, some missions and textures to go with it would be cool....(?):mixedsmi:

HouseHobbit
March 9th, 2011, 12:20
Jon's FW190 makes the MS version look like amateur hour!!!:a1451:

Now, that said, some missions and textures to go with it would be cool....(?):mixedsmi:

Yes it is time some stupid little Hobbit got to this..
The Fw 190 by you is wonderful..
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:
Needs missions badly, SO THEY ARE ON THE WAY..:ernae:
Look out Spits, Hobbit is loose..:gameoff:

Autothrottle
March 9th, 2011, 22:03
Is it?

No offense to you too sir