PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy, from the hospital....

Navy Chief
March 2nd, 2011, 04:40
Yesterday I had planned to be on Sanibel Island, FL for R & R. But this past Sunday, I had some pain in my left leg that was severe enough to get me to take myself to the ER. Good thing I did. Turned out to be a blood clot. Had I gotten on that plane, it might have been my last flight!

Anyway, am doing better. Blood thinner meds are working. Hope to leave hospital today or tomorrow.

In the meantime, enjoy this video....G. Paltrow is SO smokin' hot!!!!

I tried unsuccessfully, to put the url for the video, but am using a PC tablet, and can't do it....

GLEE - "Forget You" Full Performance feat. Gwyneth Paltrow! www.youtube.com

Navy Chief

noddy
March 2nd, 2011, 04:48
Sorry to hear that NC, never good.

I had one that travelled from the leg to my lung, after an op.

PRB
March 2nd, 2011, 04:57
Get well soon, Chief!

Cazzie
March 2nd, 2011, 05:12
Glad fate stood in the way this time Chief. You take take and get well soon sir.

Caz

TARPSBird
March 2nd, 2011, 05:25
NC, good thing you went to the ER. Hope you feel better soon.

JoeW
March 2nd, 2011, 06:06
It's great that you caught that in time.
Great that your OK!

Navy Chief
March 2nd, 2011, 06:18
Sorry to hear that NC, never good.

I had one that travelled from the leg to my lung, after an op.

Noddy,

How bad did that mess up your lungs?

Pete

OBIO
March 2nd, 2011, 06:22
NC

Glad you took your cranky old butt to the ER and got checked. Blood clots can, and have been, life enders. I hope you are back on your feet quickly, as I', sure Chief is missing his dadda.

OBIO

Navy Chief
March 2nd, 2011, 06:30
NC

Glad you took your cranky old butt to the ER and got checked. Blood clots can, and have been, life enders. I hope you are back on your feet quickly, as I', sure Chief is missing his dadda.

OBIO

Chief is happy as can be at my ex's place. I called there this morning, and my ex put the call on speaker phone. I started calling his name, and he got all excited! That's my Chief!

noddy
March 2nd, 2011, 12:42
Noddy,

How bad did that mess up your lungs?

Pete

I still get a bit of pain in the lung, but better there than the heart etc.

Just keep taking the blood thinners, and be prepared for countless visits to get your blood levels checked!

Roger
March 2nd, 2011, 13:24
You take care NC.:ernae:

Navy Chief
March 2nd, 2011, 13:35
Many thanks for all your comments and prayers. I am doing fine; just waiting for my blood work toreach the "acceptable" range, and then go home.

I miss my kitties, and the big dog!

Ickie
March 2nd, 2011, 13:46
get well soon, them navy DR's are pretty good these days.

Navy Chief
March 2nd, 2011, 13:50
get well soon, them navy DR's are pretty good these days.

I wish I was under Navy doctor care! But the folks here at Blue Ridge, Ga hospital have been wonderful!

Great care!

NC

Roger
March 2nd, 2011, 14:05
Chief, that Siamese looks great:engel016:

Navy Chief
March 2nd, 2011, 14:10
Chief, that Siamese looks great:engel016:

That's "Twist". He was bottle fed as a kitten, and very loving.....He sleeps under the covers, next to me, so I know he's missing his daddy!

Curtis P40
March 2nd, 2011, 16:32
That's "Twist". He was bottle fed as a kitten, and very loving.....He sleeps under the covers, next to me, so I know he's missing his daddy!

Well then you better hurry up and get home ! We just had to have an eight month old Siamese put to sleep, and that's where she liked to sleep also.

Railrunner130
March 2nd, 2011, 17:22
Good for you for doing the right thing and getting it checked out ASAP. Get well soon!

Navy Chief
March 2nd, 2011, 17:51
Well then you better hurry up and get home ! We just had to have an eight month old Siamese put to sleep, and that's where she liked to sleep also.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that:(

papab
March 2nd, 2011, 18:19
Chief, Get well my friend!

Rick

Bushpounder
March 2nd, 2011, 19:11
Damn, Chief! I hope you are doing well! Glad things worked out to keep you vertical for a bit longer! Man, I leave for just a few days ........

Don

txnetcop
March 3rd, 2011, 06:04
Dang Chief it's a good thing you took that precaution to do in and have it checked. You're right that may have been your last day on planet earth at 30+ thousand feet! Hope you're feeling better and doing well Amigo!
Ted

norab
March 3rd, 2011, 08:19
Glad you're doing better Cheif, get home to your furry babies:salute:

luckydog
March 3rd, 2011, 12:46
Take care, ole buddy.......

Dangerousdave26
March 3rd, 2011, 13:28
Glad to hear you caught it.

Get your self well and keep your hands off the Nurses. :icon_lol:

edmoore235
March 3rd, 2011, 13:53
Sorry about your turn of bad health but now it sounds like your on the road to Wellsville. Get well soon, NC. Take care.

Ed
(HMC/Ret)

papab
March 3rd, 2011, 15:11
NC,
Are you home yet?
Rick

Navy Chief
March 4th, 2011, 07:41
I got released from the hospital yesterday afternoon. Still having leg pain, but my doc said it will just take some time, and to gauge how long to be on my feet, based on pain level. I will take it easy for a couple days, and increase activity as I can handle it. I will be on blood thinners for about six months (coumadin), and will have my blood checked every three/four days for a couple weeks, at least. This morning, for example, my levels were down, but I hadn't taken my meds yet either.

Besides seeing my doc this morning, I had to take my siamese, Twist, to see the vet because the inside of his ears were all covered with bloody scratches, and scabs. Just awful. The vet gave poor little Twist a cortisone shot for his flea allergy. It's the worst reaction in a cat he's ever seen. Poor little boy. But he'll be better now.

Thank you all for your concerns, and prayers.......I appreciate you all!

NC

papab
March 4th, 2011, 08:07
Be real careful when you are on those blood thinners...

Do not bump into anything and do not cut yourself....

Get better shipmate!

ADJ2 Brown

nigel richards
March 4th, 2011, 08:12
:salute: Ahoy there NC!
Hope you make a speedy recovery!
Seems some of us guys over at fs2004 (Milton Shupe, Robcap, Smoothie and others, myself included) are in the process of starting a new project: Grumman Tracker. I don't know if this is your kind 'ship', but thought the sound of a little old Navy medicine 'might boost' the spirits...

...and talking of spirits, perhaps just a weeny tod of good old 'Navy' rum (on doctor's orders of course) might work a treat too! Ya know...medicinal purposes etc. etc.

Anyway, hope you're back up there on the bridge PDQ!

Best Regards,
Nigel

Navy Chief
March 4th, 2011, 08:26
:salute: Ahoy there NC!
Hope you make a speedy recovery!
Seems some of us guys over at fs2004 (Milton Shupe, Robcap, Smoothie and others, myself included) are in the process of starting a new project: Grumman Tracker. I don't know if this is your kind 'ship', but thought the sound of a little old Navy medicine 'might boost' the spirits...

...and talking of spirits, perhaps just a weeny tod of good old 'Navy' rum (on doctor's orders of course) might work a treat too! Ya know...medicinal purposes etc. etc.

Anyway, hope you're back up there on the bridge PDQ!

Best Regards,
Nigel

Thanks for the well wishes, Nigel, and YES, a Grumman Tracker would be awesome! FSX compatible?

Thanks again!!

NC

Cazzie
March 4th, 2011, 08:32
Glad to read you're home Chief. take yer meds and recoup mate. Just whetting my chops hearing from Nigel et al about the Tracker. I have a HS buddy in Eden, NC who fly one. He and I ride bikes together and attend baseball and football games quite frequently.

Take care now Chief, good to hear the news.

Caz

nigel richards
March 4th, 2011, 08:36
Thanks for the well wishes, Nigel, and YES, a Grumman Tracker would be awesome! FSX compatible?

Thanks again!!

NC

As is the case in all recent work by Milton Shupe and team, I 'm sure this would be, Sir! :salute:

nigel richards
March 4th, 2011, 08:55
Glad to read you're home Chief. take yer meds and recoup mate. Just whetting my chops hearing from Nigel et al about the Tracker. I have a HS buddy in Eden, NC who fly one. He and I ride bikes together and attend baseball and football games quite frequently.

Take care now Chief, good to hear the news.

Caz

:salute: Caz, do you reckon your buddy might be 'persuaded' to help us out with a few sounds for this project?
I would really like to make a supersound pack for this one. The quality of craftsmanship on Milton's models deserve nothing less! If he and team are putting so much input on such a project, I wish to give them tops.

Best Regards, Nigel