PDA

View Full Version : Another prayer request

OBIO
February 28th, 2011, 13:09
My SOH family and friends

I once again come to all you prayer warriors asking for the lifting up of a member of my family. This time it is a wonderful lady named Kaye. She is my brother-in-law's sweet mother. This lady has battled breast cancer twice...and won. Now a tumor has been found on her heart. She had a heart cath today and from what I know, that is when the tumor was found. She will be going in for major heart surgery tomorrow.

Last night, I pulled an all nighter working on Kaye's laptop and my sis-in-law's PC. Just a few minutes ago I picked up the cell phone to call Kaye to give her an update on her laptop and saw that there was a new message....read it and go the news about the tumor and tomorrow's surgery. I was floored.

Fast prayers are needed for this sweet gal, a wonderful mother, gentle grandmother, and dear family member.

OBIO

rayrey10
February 28th, 2011, 16:31
OBIO - we got your back. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family!

olaf1924
February 28th, 2011, 16:35
OBIO my spouse and I will say a prayer tonight before bed time.

norab
February 28th, 2011, 18:41
Will hit my knees now Tim

OBIO
March 1st, 2011, 09:28
Kaye was taken to the OR for pre-surgery prep at 11:00 or so (wasn't paying attention to the clock) and her surgery was to start at 1:00. She was as cool as a cucumber....like she was going in for a tooth cleaning or some other minor little thing.

She knows the doctors who will be doing the surgery very well...and they are totally non-chalant about the surgery. They said that the tumor is not related with her 2 bouts with breast cancer or the radiation treatments she underwent. Heart tumors happen, rarely, but they do happen. As heart surgeries go, according to the surgeons, this is an easy one to perform and one that has a very high success rate.

While this type of heart surgery in and of itself is an easy one...it is still a major surgery. Kaye will be on a ventilator, her heart will be stopped, she will be one a by-pass machine, and her sternum will have to be cracked open...just like a quadruple by-pass. The surgery itself will last about 2 hours.

OBIO

HouseHobbit
March 1st, 2011, 11:34
I shall Hold Her in my prayers, and the doctors too..That all shall go very well..
I do Hope and pray all shall be well, and a very quick recovery..

OBIO
March 1st, 2011, 13:13
Got an update...the tumor is out, Kaye is off by-pass (meaning her heart is beating again) and she will be in ICU in an hour or so and will be able to have family visitors in a couple hours. Looks like everything went well....now begins the 6 to 8 weeks of healing and mending.

Tim

OBIO
March 8th, 2011, 18:52
Thanks to all you who prayed for Kaye before, during and after her surgery. The surgery was a flying success, the tumor is fully out (it was inside one of her heart chambers and had grown large enough to fill over half of the chamber). It was a non-cancerous tumor.

Kaye is at home, doing good, sore as all get out, and facing a 6 to 8 week recovery period before she can go back to work.

I told her that I had put a prayer request up on the site on her behalf, and she got a bit misty eyed knowing that strangers from around the world were lifting her up in prayer.

OBIO

Tracon
March 8th, 2011, 19:43
This is great news. Glad to hear all is well :ernae:

rayrey10
March 9th, 2011, 05:01
Great news!