PDA

View Full Version : ALPHASIM WEAPONS NO SHOW

Fibber
February 28th, 2011, 09:53
I know someone here will have probably run into this before. I am adding some of the Alphaoldie planes and some other Alpha planes to my "Cold War" install. Here is my problem. I have installed all the files given in their respective places ie; Objectdps, scenerydb,etc and the weapons are a no show. Keep getting that "cannot be found and might cause some objects not to show.."
Anyone hit this wall before? Plane shows and flys but no weapons.

Also have a problem with the TR A4C not showing. Keep getting "Unable to show visual model" and the game just stops loading. Any suggestions? The TR 4E and M load but also no weapons. Have we gone pacifist?

Nole
February 28th, 2011, 11:13
I know someone here will have probably run into this before. I am adding some of the Alphaoldie planes and some other Alpha planes to my "Cold War" install. Here is my problem. I have installed all the files given in their respective places ie; Objectdps, scenerydb,etc and the weapons are a no show. Keep getting that "cannot be found and might cause some objects not to show.."
Anyone hit this wall before? Plane shows and flys but no weapons.

Also have a problem with the TR A4C not showing. Keep getting "Unable to show visual model" and the game just stops loading. Any suggestions? The TR 4E and M load but also no weapons. Have we gone pacifist?

There's a simple explanation to your Alpha weps not showing. We discovered it a bit ago. The weapons that are not showing have more than one copy in your SCENEDB/weapons/scenery folder. And finding the duplicate copies can be difficult as Alpha put out a modern weapons library that contains most of them, and then proceeded to pack the individual weps BGLs with specific aircraft. The result is that you end up with duplicates of most of them. (Since one of the copies is in a library and the other is an individual BGL, one did not overwrite the other on installaton.) The simplest way to solve it is to check of the individual weapons BGLs in question. If you have them in your SCENEDB/weapons/scenery folder, then delete any Alphasim weps libraries you may have installed in that folder.

Fibber
February 28th, 2011, 12:06
Nole;
Thanks,:salute:
I figured that this had been come across before but I couldn't seem to find any references to "the cure". One question though, what file should ultimately be placed in the scdb\weapons\scenery file to make them show? The Modern weapons file then disregard the individual packaged weapons?

Jagdflieger
February 28th, 2011, 21:59
Yes, either discard the "Freeware.bgl" or the individual plane weapons .bgl files.

I've done it both way and as long as you only have one or the other things work out OK. Lately I've been using the individual plane weapons bgl files.

By the way, this tip also applies to the WWII weapons freeware package.

Fibber
March 1st, 2011, 05:33
Well I removed ALL the scenerydb\weapons\scenery items and reloaded them all. This time I used weapons that I got from each aircraft. Still no weapons. I think that tonight I will remove them again and just load whatever . Here is the original Alpha weapons.zip that I used.

Fibber
March 1st, 2011, 14:20
It seems that the bloody "freeware.bgl" was hiding and snuck back on me!:icon_lol: Traked it down, gave it some "termination with extreme prejudice" and the weapons finally show!

Jagdflieger
March 1st, 2011, 19:33
Whoo hoo! Glad you got it solved.

That little issue has caused about as much grief as any in CFS 2.