PDA

View Full Version : Moving a railway line???

Chris Sykes
February 28th, 2011, 04:33
Hi all, i have a small problem with some scenery im making in FSX... The scenery i have created using Google Earth and FSX KML which is basically a disused airfield, however my problem here is the fact in real the railway runs past the airfield, however in FSX the default railway doesnt run past the airfield but through it, more clips the corner to be more exact.

I have three options;

Find out how i can move this railway to its correct possition
Move the polygons and objects slightly out of correct placement but suffer those who use VFR/satalite scenery
Or alternatively create both of the above and give the end user the option during installation dependant on what they have
Therefore is there a way of move the railway line?

jdhaenens
February 28th, 2011, 05:55
There is indeed a way to move the rail lines. I'm still using FSX KML, but sBuilderX should be able to do the same thing. You exclude the railroad(s) specifically using a vector type exclude, then remake the railroads in the configuration you'd like. It's just like making a shoreline or road.

Jim

Chris Sykes
March 1st, 2011, 00:56
Hi Thanks for your reply, i havent looked at using sbuilderx as it doesnt work on my win 7 64bit pc... I may try this on a different PC to try it out...

jdhaenens
March 1st, 2011, 03:20
I had the same problem when I went to 64 bit XP a few years ago, but Luis eventually fixed it. There are users in the PTSim forum that have figured out a workaround:

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2091

Jim

Chris Sykes
March 1st, 2011, 03:42
I have just come across that post... I have just been looking through fsx kml tags and i can see the exclude railroad/way and railroad/way tags in the tags file so i might give fsx kml a go at this, thanks for your pointers and help.

jdhaenens
March 1st, 2011, 03:52
I have to use FSX KML in32 bit.

Chris Sykes
March 1st, 2011, 04:31
strange as it works ok on my pc... I find fsx kml more user friendly than sbuilderx too...

Chris Sykes
March 3rd, 2011, 00:34
Just to let you know, i managaed to do this in GE and FSX KML last night, took a while to merge from FSX placed to real world placements and back to FSX...:sleep: