PDA

View Full Version : Apart from Jets and Props ...

peter12213
February 25th, 2011, 21:29
Has anyone got or ever owned anyone one of these??

This one sold for 37,000 pounds!

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/Quadrophenia_moped-431x300.jpg

Really want one here! just for a change!

Sorry but this is the tune for this kind of bike!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpRnaOq6raQ

Bit bored of all the unpleasentness here, were all so highly stung at times and once in a while a change from Spits, Stangs, F-15's, Ducks and all that Jesus what have you :s It is nice!

So I want one of these! What else would you like? I mean apart from escaping your wife or husband plus the kids for a few hours?

spotlope
February 25th, 2011, 22:41
I'd settle for having my old, smoking Triumph 650 back for a sunny afternoon ride. Alas, the chance of seeing that bike again anytime soon is about as good as a warm day in Portland. :icon_lol:

Rich
February 25th, 2011, 22:50
Lambretta's and Vespa's mixed with Mods and Rockers, a long time ago.

Matt Wynn
February 25th, 2011, 22:50
i'm happy with my Ducati... wouldn't trade the old girl for anything... well maybe a vincent black shadow... at a push...

my first bike...err moped was a Peugeot Speedfight 2, from there i was hooked, and now... a few years later i have my ducati, and use her daily... even in the winter... looking for a stablemate for her at the moment... apart from my MX-5, unfortunately i've got the superbike bug so i've been eyeing up the Ducati Multistrada 1200 as a sort of slight step down (larger CC bike but not the same oomf you get on a true superbike...) granted i've only had my Duc just under 2 years but brand loyalty has set in :icon_lol: i did eye up the Kawasaki Ninja but then went back to waiting for Ducati's creations.. err scratch that... masterpieces...

always a good laugh too when a porsche pulls up alongside at the lights and revs the engine to 'intimidate' you... sorry porsche you're a speck... :icon_lol:

'Smoothie'........ Proud Ducati owner :icon_lol:

peter12213
February 25th, 2011, 22:52
@ Spot ... Same here! I really want a Lambretta but the don't make them anymore! Got the Parka just not the bike or the mirrors though I'm going to get rid of my car for a bike! I hate cars!

Quadrophenia!

peter12213
February 25th, 2011, 22:54
show us your Duccati with you on it Matt!

Your so full of it mate .. it aint even funny!

peter12213
February 25th, 2011, 23:00
Rich did you feel any Quakes at your end I've 2 friends in Kiwi, I know your not living there but did you feel anything?

No **** me and my mate steve were talking to a mate in Canterbury 12 miles from the ground zero and they had 7 aftershocks you could see the webcam shaking it was unreal!

Rich
February 25th, 2011, 23:03
No nothing here but we do get them, not that far from Indonesia and some fault lines.

Rich
February 25th, 2011, 23:06
Oddly enough there was one in Manila city area last year not huge felt in Manila but not here 8 miles away.

peter12213
February 25th, 2011, 23:06
It's the old Johnny Cash Fault Rich! Do you have a bike out of interest?

just rechecked thats why CHristchurch was Ruined, that one last year was 7.5 , this one was 6.odd but they couldn't rebuild or strengthen them fast enough, me and my friends have been offerred 30 grand jobs to go over because we have our old RAF visa's but me personally I'm not but alot of my mates are heading ou asap!

Rich
February 25th, 2011, 23:10
No never had any interest but my Father had a Vincent Black Panther I think it was but definitely Vincent

peter12213
February 25th, 2011, 23:12
I'm not sure what that is, I know the black shadow .. only from top gear though

peter12213
February 25th, 2011, 23:15
I know sod all about Bikes, just really want one of hose Mod bikes, yes with all the mirrors and stuff! lol don't know why just do, but then again I fly a Winjeel, the unusual is kind of me, never ask for it just turns out that way!

Rich
February 25th, 2011, 23:16
This was mid/late 50 hence fuzzy memory, there were a few Vincent Black xxxxx models

peter12213
February 25th, 2011, 23:18
This was mid/late 50 hence fuzzy memory, there were a few Vincent Black xxxxx models

Yeah was like the fastest one of the day? Infact the fastest one up to the 70's

peter12213
February 25th, 2011, 23:21
MY dad can't even drive and he used to CP vulcans lol, he now looks like jim royal and he cannot for all he's worth believe that I can talk to my car! He's 62 bless him and he dresses like a clip but when he attends parades or goes for a meal he's emaculate, imagine a really fit Jim royal and thats my Dad!

peter12213
February 25th, 2011, 23:25
He used to fly NUclear bombers and I said last weekend dad were you a Mod or a rocker, he said I dressed like a mod but I listened to rock music, I said I'm buying a bike he told me I was mad, he used to fly vulcans, think you need kids to understand that one!

Naki
February 26th, 2011, 00:05
Rich did you feel any Quakes at your end I've 2 friends in Kiwi, I know your not living there but did you feel anything?

No **** me and my mate steve were talking to a mate in Canterbury 12 miles from the ground zero and they had 7 aftershocks you could see the webcam shaking it was unreal!

Pfffft...do you feel quakes in Los Angeles from where you live? Thats about the distance Christchurch is from Manila! I didn't feel it and I live about 400 miles away.

The earthquake in September was 7.1 but it was deeper and the epicentre was further away. The one on Tuesday was (6.3) shallower (5km) and the epicentre was centred in a town just outside Christchurch. The Tuesday quake also struck at the worst time (midday) - the one last year was in the middle of the night when the CBD was quiet.

Good to know that some UK people are willing to come over to help rebuild. We will need it! We are also greatful for the help we are getting at the moment from rescue teams from the US, UK, Singapore, China, Taiwan and Japan. As it stands tonight it willl appear that 1/3rd of the CBD will need to be completely rebuilt, there are 145 confirmed deaths and 200 missing from about 20 different countries (it's the height of tourist season over here).

peter12213
February 26th, 2011, 01:18
Well said Naki, sorry mate I don't know your name but living in England we only feel quakes if an old mine collapses or somthing and when I asked Rich if he felt it I honestly thought he was in NZ and not the Philipines, and yeah alot of people Here are coming over not just for the money mate but that flag in the corner does mean somthing!! there's millions in aid coming your way too by the papers apparently, maybe in the future you may be able to buy a fighter jet too! Ask Libiya to send you a few Mirage F1's I hear the Maltese airforce has expanded quite dramatically! Lol trying to mAke best of a bad joke so sorry!

Rich
February 26th, 2011, 01:55
My avtar clearly says I am in the Philippines.

Mupet

BOOM
February 26th, 2011, 04:38
I prefer V-Twin Power!!!:jump:

Tracon
February 26th, 2011, 07:07
Is it for FSX?

delta_lima
February 26th, 2011, 07:29
Well, I'm blessed with a wife who not only happily indulges my aviation passion, but let's me enjoy my other guilty pleasure ...

I used sed to be fanaticallly sportbikes in my late teens/twenties (Ninja's, Interceptors, Hurricanes - had them, and was fortunate never to crashed any of them, notwithstanding how "spiritedly" I would ride), now I prefer the smell of pine, the splash of of mud, and a somewhat-less-than-herculean 38hp motor to explore the finer spots in creation ... somewhat of a poor man's Paris-Dakar racer - but it's my own little smile-making machine ...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/delta_lima/Motorcycle/Jan09bikeshots3.jpg

Life is good!

dl

Lateral-G
February 26th, 2011, 08:00
Reminds me of Quadrophenia.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6wq20cZosQ

roger-wilco-66
February 26th, 2011, 12:03
I ride my Suzuki DR-650 almost daily, but Peter, since you're attracted by a scooter, what about this french creation of the sixties??

:ernae:
Mark

delta_lima
February 26th, 2011, 13:56
I ride my Suzuki DR-650 almost daily, but Peter, since you're attracted by a scooter, what about this french creation of the sixties??

Mark

Perfect length for stashing two baguettes a bottle of wine! :)

dl

peter12213
February 26th, 2011, 14:14

Mark

that's awesome mate, somehow I think the insurance would bankrupt me lol!

strykerpsg
February 27th, 2011, 09:37

Mark

That is sooo coool!

My weekend venting machine:32392

There is now a K1300S out, with many improvements and will probably pick that one up next, since most of the aftermarket mods will fit the same frame.

Matt