PDA

View Full Version : Pretty as a picture

Paul K
February 25th, 2011, 13:37
As far as aircraft in FSX are concerned, I have a general rule that they be FSX-native only. However, since Alphasim's freeware Halifax got an 'FSX' tweek, I've been going through my FS9 collection to see what else I really can't live without.

This beauty is probably my all-time favourite aircraft in any flight simulator, and with prop disc textures transplanted from the Halifax, she looks ready for many more hours in the air.

This particular aircraft, British South American Airways' G-AGWH 'Star Dust' was the subject of an enduring aviation mystery after she vanished in 1947, not least because of the strange message 'STENDEC' which her wireless operator transmitted before falling silent for ever ( cue X-Files music).

The wreckage emerged from an Andean glacier 50 years later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Dust_%28aircraft%29

Roger
February 25th, 2011, 13:44
Yep I ported it over too...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?19360-Yes-it-s-another-port...

delta_lima
February 25th, 2011, 13:48
Awesome ... I always wondered about this whenever I bought the Spitfire ...

How are the gauges in FSX?

thanks!

dl

Paul K
February 25th, 2011, 13:51
Yep I ported it over too...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?19360-Yes-it-s-another-port...

You are quite clearly a man of great taste!

Here's another, over FTX Australia

Paul K
February 25th, 2011, 13:55
Awesome ... I always wondered about this whenever I bought the Spitfire ...

How are the gauges in FSX?

thanks!

dl

So far, no problems detected with the gauges.

W. Bleddyn
February 25th, 2011, 16:03
However, since Alphasim's freeware Halifax got an 'FSX' tweek

I seem to have missed that... is there somewhere I can download files to make it work in FSX? :salute:

stiz
February 25th, 2011, 16:10
I seem to have missed that... is there somewhere I can download files to make it work in FSX? :salute:

no idea, but it wont look like the planes in the screen shots, that being a lancaster and not a halifax :bump:

Rich
February 25th, 2011, 16:21
Think I would go for Lancastrian too not Halifax

Paul K
February 25th, 2011, 16:24

The FSX tweek for the Alphasim Halifax is in the Vintage section of Simviations' FSX download library, recently added.

no idea, but it wont look like the planes in the screen shots, that being a lancaster and not a halifax :bump:

Its a Lancastrian, not a Lancaster.

Think I would go for Lancastrian too not Halifax

The reference to the Halifax stems from the fact that I used the FSX-tweeked Alphasim Halifax's prop textures for the Lancastrian. The aircraft in the pictures is NOT a Halifax or Halton...its a Lancastrian.

W. Bleddyn
February 25th, 2011, 16:34
Outstanding Paul, thank you!

Paul K
February 25th, 2011, 16:44
Outstanding Paul, thank you!

The Simviation file only supplies you with the modified Halifax B. Mk III. However, if you have the original Alphasim package, you can drag in the C. Mk VIII and the Halton, and apply the same changes to them.