PDA

View Full Version : F-86 dcang

lilduckfoot2
December 2nd, 2008, 13:51
Here's my first pass at this marvelous hot rod, simple but fun! Thank you so much Mr. Visser and all the SF8 crew. :ernae:
LDF

64895 64896 64898

jankees
December 2nd, 2008, 14:06
Looking good!

skyhawka4m
December 2nd, 2008, 14:51
I'll take it!

Railrunner130
December 2nd, 2008, 15:34
Looks nice.
:ernae:

bearcat241
December 2nd, 2008, 20:19
Outstanding!!!:applause:....this model is simply the proverbial "gift that keeps giving" :ernae:

flyboyhunt05
December 2nd, 2008, 20:51
Looks great!

PhantomP
December 2nd, 2008, 22:30
WOW looks fantastic

Astoroth
December 3rd, 2008, 00:56
B E A U tiful!

DaveQ
December 3rd, 2008, 07:02
An outstanding piece of freeware and a lovely repaint, but can I make a tiny suggestion? The buzz codes on the rear fuselage need a tad more stretching and flattening. Hope this doesn't cause offence but I spent about 4 hours yesterday on an RCAF repaint where the squadron codes crossed over from forward to rear fuselage so I know it can be difficult when distortion is needed!!:banghead:

Best wishes

DaveQ

Thunderbolt
December 3rd, 2008, 07:04
Awesome :applause:

bully707
December 3rd, 2008, 09:40
Hi there Steve!

Bring it on...!
There still is some space left in the hangar. :jump::jump::jump:

lilduckfoot2
December 3rd, 2008, 09:42
Thanks all, for your positive remarks. :mixedsmi:

LDF

lilduckfoot2
December 3rd, 2008, 09:44
An outstanding piece of freeware and a lovely repaint, but can I make a tiny suggestion? The buzz codes on the rear fuselage need a tad more stretching and flattening. Hope this doesn't cause offence but I spent about 4 hours yesterday on an RCAF repaint where the squadron codes crossed over from forward to rear fuselage so I know it can be difficult when distortion is needed!!:banghead:

Best wishes

DaveQ

Hi Dave,

No offence what so ever taken. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thank for taking the time (and the risk :costumes:) to mention it. I've not been too happy with the buzz codes either, and have spent more than a couple hours changing, squeezing, stretching, etc, and, as yet, have been unable to get them to look "right". I have to agree, it does need more work

Any advice or tips you could share would also be welcome.

Cheers,
Steve

Felixthreeone
December 3rd, 2008, 18:44
:ernae:

DaveQ
December 5th, 2008, 04:20
Hi Dave,

No offence what so ever taken. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thank for taking the time (and the risk :costumes:) to mention it. I've not been too happy with the buzz codes either, and have spent more than a couple hours changing, squeezing, stretching, etc, and, as yet, have been unable to get them to look "right". I have to agree, it does need more work

Any advice or tips you could share would also be welcome.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Steve, no problem. Have you tried opening one of the original USAF fuse_1_t.bmp files, copying it as a layer then overlaying your new buzz code and stretch/squeezing it till it matches. You can then delete/hide the old fuse_1_t layer and save.

DaveQ

lilduckfoot2
December 5th, 2008, 04:48
Thanks Steve, no problem. Have you tried opening one of the original USAF fuse_1_t.bmp files, copying it as a layer then overlaying your new buzz code and stretch/squeezing it till it matches. You can then delete/hide the old fuse_1_t layer and save.

DaveQ

Hi Dave, thanks for the suggestion. I have tried that and actually have a couple of "example layers" I'm using for that purpose. Fortunately the buzz codes in the examples I'm using (all from the SF8F original skin pack) do not extend across the fuselage join line. And, until and unless I get much better at what I'm doing, I'll steer clear of markings that do! :isadizzy:

I believe my problem with Muniteman's buzz codes is the font (I've tried several). I can't seem to get the right thickness and charactor spacing without too much "blurring" caused by the necessary distortion. Still have one or two more things to try that I think may work out. If it does, "MINUTEMAN" will be uploaded this weekend.

Thanks again, Dave, for the observation and the suggestion. When I get it worked out I'll let you know what the solution was.

Steve

DaveQ
December 5th, 2008, 08:02
Thanks Steve - look forward to it

DaveQ

lilduckfoot2
December 6th, 2008, 14:18
OK. She's uploaded here.

DaveQ ~ I just kept working with the font SIZE until it "distorted" with the least amount of blur but still keeping what I thought was an acceptable appearing finished size on the model. Thanks again for the "nudge" to try and make it better.

LDF :mixedsmi:

65464 65465 65466 65467

Quicksand
December 6th, 2008, 14:40
Looking good, LDF! You painter guys are magic!!:ernae::medals::applause:

Quicksand
December 6th, 2008, 15:42
It's up at Avsim, guys!:running::ernae::friday:Thanks, LDF!:medals: