PDA

View Full Version : Norden bombsight and airplane control

Jimmy70
February 24th, 2011, 10:27
I thought that once you were in on the Norden bombsight that you could also control the direction of the plane to the target. I have tried a few times but have had no luck in controlling the plane unless I put it on autopilot and try my best to keep it aligned with the target to drop the bombs.
If there is a way to steer the plane and be on the bombsight at the same time please advise me.
Thanks
Jimmy70

rcafmad
February 24th, 2011, 17:15
Jimmy70. Give this a try

In the Bombing run I hit F5 to display my HUD Display and switch to the Bombardier Position. You check your speed and position. You will have better control of the aircraft.

I have been told before to "Practice,Practice and more Practice!"

grizzly50
February 24th, 2011, 19:19
:kilroy:Jimmy70,

I have just posted this on the ETO/PTO Forums at Aussiex:

"Yes, you need to be in the cockpit mode.

Just keep pressing F4 until you have reached Virtual Cockpit View. Then press F3 to make sure you can see the inside of the cockpit.

Pressing F7 will put you in the Bombardier's position.

You should be able to fly the aircraft from this position with no problems by using the joystick normally. It will be slightly limited, but it should work just fine. It is a bit different than flying from the cockpit.

Make sure you do NOT have auto-pilot on.

Also try disconnecting and reconnecting your joystick.

I hope this helps, as I have never run into this problem before.

Keep us informed.

Grizzly50"

You may also want to check to see that your joystick is working properly. It may need to be calibrated.

:d

Jimmy70
February 27th, 2011, 04:10
Thanks Grizz as I thought that the plane was controlable from the sight. I will make sure to check my joystick setup again before trying the sight.