PDA

View Full Version : Possible PSU Leakage

harleyman
December 2nd, 2008, 13:22
As many of you know over the months with my new build and monitors ( I have all but had to stop flying FSX as the screen just ripples so bad its just not worth seeing.......Its too frustrating...

So I replaced the mobo,Vid card,and HDD ( all RMAed ) Problem persisted

So today out of the blue I called Thermaltake on it.. Told them what was happening and that all parts had been changed out but the PSU....

They too were puzzled by this and agreed it may be a leak of some kind so they agreed to have it shipped back for testing at their expense....He said all phases of it would be tested and verified for continueous power and the right volts going to the right places,etc,,,

They are going to send me a new one reguardless,but agreed to share their test results with me (believe it when I see it ) LOL

Has anyone ever had a PSU act stupid and cause issues but still run the computer but just giving wierd annomalaties such as mine....????

I wonder too I this could be the cause of my wireless mouse working for weeks on end then just going all stupid for awhile too?

Thoughts?? Perdictions? Experiences? I'm all ears...LOL Thanks

I got a 50 / 50 out of our very own txnetcop on this being a fix today....

Whats your perdiction?

Daube
December 2nd, 2008, 13:28
I remember that in one of my old computers, I had a PSU that was getting too old, and the computer would start only once every three-four tries. Your story is interesting, now I'm really curious to know the real reason for your troubles. Keep us informed !! :wavey:

harleyman
December 2nd, 2008, 13:35
I remember that in one of my old computers, I had a PSU that was getting too old, and the computer would start only once every three-four tries. Your story is interesting, now I'm really curious to know the real reason for your troubles. Keep us informed !! :wavey:

I tell you what...The day its fixed the whol;e world will know about it I think........

But I sure will .......Its been a strugle....:banghead: LOL

Bjoern
December 2nd, 2008, 13:46
Ten bucks that it will solve your problem.

Lionheart
December 2nd, 2008, 13:48
Man, Mason.. That would make sense. FSX takes the most amount of resources, and thats when things went goofy on your rig. The other programs I am sure do not come near what FSX uses. I imagine you had some real goodies (clouds and scenery) in FS9 as well, which would have drawn alot of resources as well...

I hope this fixes it.

I was reading an entry in the Bible and heard it again on Joel Osteen. You could be 'right there' and not even know it.. Inches away from success. Just right there around the corner...

Bill

harleyman
December 2nd, 2008, 13:54
Ten bucks that it will solve your problem.

I'm betting on it too........

@ Bill...I might be right there ....But I hope that I will find it out soon.....Sometimes all thats needed is some pondering time and a good prayer.....:wavey:

Bjoern
December 2nd, 2008, 13:59
Just for the record: Was the problem FSX specific? Or was it a general one?

harleyman
December 2nd, 2008, 14:07
Mostly FSX...Somewhat FS9

Saw it slightly in Assasins Creed...

txnetcop
December 2nd, 2008, 14:25
I tell you what...The day its fixed the whol;e world will know about it I think........

But I sure will .......Its been a strugle....:banghead: LOL

Amazing how you came up with that idea of the PSU all by yourself...what a wizzo:costumes:
Ted

Bjoern
December 2nd, 2008, 14:25
Other demanding games, like Crysis or Far Cry 2?

Silver Fox
December 2nd, 2008, 14:32
It has to be the PSU:

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

Sherlock Holmes

harleyman
December 2nd, 2008, 14:32
Other demanding games, like Crysis or Far Cry 2?

I only have the demo of Crysis...... Do not recall seeing it there ...

@ Ted.......It was just deduction as all else has been replaced....LOL

And not sure if this is it or not.......But I'm still hoping

Bjoern
December 2nd, 2008, 14:40
I only have the demo of Crysis...... Do not recall seeing it there ...

Weird.

Crysis should put the biggest strain on CPU and video card and thus the PSU.

If the problem persists after your PSU change (I hope not!), I would take a closer look at the screen itself.

harleyman
December 2nd, 2008, 14:53
Well its just a lightweight demo I'm sure.....

I have used a 19" Acer

A 22" LG

Now a 24'" Samsung

And A 24" HP..................All with the same results .....

And I just remembered....We tried a small OC on the CPU from 3.33 to just 3.5-6 and it failed badly...Nothing we did could get it stable to work.....

The ram was then tested with Memtest and then Prime......With the OC off and all was well...Did that too one stick at a time....

GT182
December 2nd, 2008, 16:04
Thermaltake will be true to their word Mason. I have one of their Xaser V1000A cases and a 480 watt PSU. Had problems and they replaced the broken stuff at their expense... just like they said they would.

harleyman
December 2nd, 2008, 16:21
Ahhh...Thanks...Thats reassuring........

Still waiting for the shipping link though.......

Panther_99FS
December 2nd, 2008, 16:27
I have a small ripple problem & last time I had it, it turned out to be bad RAM....

I'm hoping it will go away now...:kilroy:

Bjoern
December 2nd, 2008, 16:56
Well its just a lightweight demo I'm sure.....

Doesn't mean anything. The FSX demo was harder on the system than FSX SP2!

And I just remembered....We tried a small OC on the CPU from 3.33 to just 3.5-6 and it failed badly...Nothing we did could get it stable to work.....Sounds PSU-related.
BUT! It might also indicate a bad CPU...

The ram was then tested with Memtest and then Prime......With the OC off and all was well...Did that too one stick at a time....How long did you run Memtest? Serveral hours for each stick?

- Edit: Never mind the last question, since you RMA'ed both sticks.

harleyman
December 2nd, 2008, 17:03
Hmmm....A bad CPU...Never had one and have no clue about symptoms....

harleyman
December 3rd, 2008, 04:25
Hmmm Bad ram Panther...

I ram memtest on mine for 4 hours last night and all is well.....

I woke at 3 and it was still going so I killed it then figuring that was plenty....

Still nothing from Thermaltake as promised.....:banghead:

Bjoern
December 3rd, 2008, 07:24
I ram memtest on mine for 4 hours last night and all is well.....

I woke at 3 and it was still going so I killed it then figuring that was plenty....

Seems enough. If it didn't show errors then, the chance is low that
it might have shown errors later on.

So your Ram is out of the question.

Hmmm....A bad CPU...Never had one and have no clue about symptoms....

Symptoms?
BSODs, unexpected reboots, no correct boots.

But as I said, its not really likely to be the source of your issue.

harleyman
December 3rd, 2008, 08:49
Bjoern...Thanks for all your ideas and help in this...I have been watching the progress of your OOM issues and sorry have no clues there......:banghead:

Hopefully Thermaltake will send the shipping link today...I rewrote them to be positive of the e mail addy as the tech gave me his there that i wrote down..So this one I used their tech support one and then copied pasted my mail to the tech there again incase his personal one was wrong...But as of yet have no returned mails ..So perhaps hes just busy....

harleyman
December 3rd, 2008, 16:49
Well I just got and printed the label ...Looks like its ground to California ..Two weeks I will be off this rig then till I get the replacement.....

I hope it is all for nothing and fixes my problems.......

Bjoern
December 4th, 2008, 04:54
Bjoern...Thanks for all your ideas and help in this...I have been watching the progress of your OOM issues and sorry have no clues there......:banghead:

No problem.

By the way, I got that OOM sorted out. Turned out to be a badly compiled traffic.bgl.

harleyman
December 4th, 2008, 05:29
Well I'm glad to hear that...What a pain huh...Who would have thought.....:applause:

Bjoern
December 4th, 2008, 12:33
Well I'm glad to hear that...What a pain huh...Who would have thought.....:applause:

Pain? Maybe.

The hardest part though was holding myself back from throwing a brand new Q9450 system into the Baltic Sea. :costumes:

The cause itself was surprising, but well...live and learn.

Lionheart
December 4th, 2008, 12:55
Pain? Maybe.

The hardest part though was holding myself back from throwing a brand new Q9450 system into the Baltic Sea. :costumes:

The cause itself was surprising, but well...live and learn.

lol... Sounds like me with my computer at times.. and its not the computers fault.. arrghh...

I remember getting all this Swedish scenery once. All freeware and the most brilliant details. Cool photo real buildings. Got it all installed, probably 10 airfields, and now I cant fly in Sweden because the south end of the country will crash FS. Thought I got the files all deleted, but something is in there causing the crash. They say if you have two AFCADS with the same name active in FS, and you fly near them, it crashes you, so I looked, but didnt find them. (They can be in two different folders).

Oh well..

Good to know that traffic 'bagels' can do that too. :kilroy: Something else to fear...

Mason,

Hoping to hear about your PSU issue soon... I am betting this is it.

Bill

SpaceWeevil
December 4th, 2008, 13:01
The only thing I've ever experienced that comes close to your description of 'rippling' is the texture tearing that happened every time I panned in the VC while banking. For a long time I thought I'd enabled VSync so it couldn't be that, but it turned out that Vista was not letting the NVIDIA control panel turn it on. I started using a program called nHancer that overrides Vista and lets me select VSync on for real, and the difference was amazing. I'm sure you've thought of all that, but I was so pleased that it worked for me.

harleyman
December 4th, 2008, 13:12
Thanks Spaceweevil...

I have ATI 4870X2 and have their version of V-Sync locked hard.......

Bill....I just need a few more prayers my way and I'll have this thing beaten.....LOl Thanks.....

Now then....Crashes in Sweeden...Hmmmmmmmmm

I had a little program once in FS9 that would search out dupes if memory serves me right..... Or did I.....:mixedsmi:

And for Bill and Bjoern

I have a foam brick that just makes me soo happy at times...it was meant for the TV but gets all its real use on the computer......

guzler
December 4th, 2008, 13:35
LOL :costumes:

harleyman
December 4th, 2008, 13:52
Guzler...You laughing at my brick.....LOL

I bought it at Spencers years ago...it has been real handy lately though....Its about time for another i think.....:costumes:

Bjoern
December 4th, 2008, 17:50
Hey, was that Sweden scenery the Norrland one? Had it myself, but experienced problems as well, so I "divided it by zero".
Didn't have any bad consequences though.

Harleyman, you don't have a spare foam brick for me per chance, do you? :icon_lol:

BananaBob
December 4th, 2008, 17:53
I have a leakage problem also, but I think it's prostate related? :costumes:

Bjoern
December 4th, 2008, 18:02

Me too, but it's my wallet...and it won't stop! :costumes:

harleyman
December 4th, 2008, 18:09

:costumes::costumes: Man...Thats just too much info.....LOL

Heard that....My wallet has a constant leak too........Her name is Tina.....:friday:

My poor ol brick is about dead...its wacked so many puters over the years it all but done...LOl i have never seen them there again....

BananaBob
December 4th, 2008, 20:21
LOL:costumes:

Lionheart
December 5th, 2008, 08:36
I need a brick like that....!

My leak vents natural gas. I need a way to harness it so I can power the car off of it. Think I can get up to 100 PSI to pressurise the tank?

:kilroy: :isadizzy:

Bjoern
December 5th, 2008, 11:20
My leak vents natural gas. I need a way to harness it so I can power the car off of it. Think I can get up to 100 PSI to pressurise the tank?

:kilroy: :isadizzy:

Erm...the only option would be a tube in the leak coupled to a compressor... :icon_lol:

You'd need a new diet though. Peas, beans and other...productive...stuff. :costumes:

Bjoern
December 10th, 2008, 10:42
So, Harleyman, how's things with the PSU? Any success getting a replacement?

And speaking of those energy wasters:
I've just ordered a CoolerMaster M520, which I hope will cure me of a "cold boot" problem.
I think after two years and one upgrade, my Levicom 450W isn't simply up to the job anymore.

Fingers crossed...

harleyman
December 10th, 2008, 12:38
Well yes...Thanks... And best of luck with your new PSU

I wrote Ramsom (lead tech) at Thermaltake today saying I would pay to upgrade the shipping back air....He said he would just send it out today next day for me...

But mine is not even due in California till tommorrow or Friday,so I don't really understand his statement......

Here is what he said in reply to me e mail today...

Ok … maybe I should offer you to ship you PSU for you in the 1<SUP>st</SUP> place. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Let me ship that thing out today ok . so u can have it by Friday.<o:p></o:p>

<TABLE class=u style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=1><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 107.85pt"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 63pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 107.85pt" vAlign=bottom width=84>
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/cid:image001.jpg@01C95AAA.F6536350<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 6in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 107.85pt" vAlign=bottom width=576>Ramsom Koay<o:p></o:p>

Marketing Director<o:p></o:p>
Thermaltake Technology USA<o:p></o:p>
T: 626-968-9189 Ext: 127<o:p></o:p>
F: 626-968-1138<o:p></o:p>
email: ramsom.koay@thermaltakeusa.com (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/ramsom.koay@thermaltakeusa.com)<o:p></o:p>
url: www.thermaltakeusa.com (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/www.thermaltakeusa.com)<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 8.6pt"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 495pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 8.6pt" vAlign=top width=660 colSpan=2>http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/cid:image005.jpg@01C95AAA.F66DA210<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:36 AM
To: ramsom.koay@thermaltakeusa.com
Subject: Re: Bad 850W PSU in North Carolina<o:p></o:p>

Hi Ramsom...I believe that my PSU is due to arrive to you this Thursday or Friday...(the tracking info is on my hdd with no PSU..Opps)<o:p></o:p>

What are the chances I can upgrade my return shipping to air not ground?<o:p></o:p>

I really need the PSU badly..<o:p></o:p>

Thanks....Mason Gilliam<o:p></o:p>

So...You tell me? LOL I really only know its not due till end of week......

BUT a discovery has been made.......I'm about 95% sure that my second Mobo after its RMA was never flashed for BIOS......Me thinks thats not good...It had the original bios on it..The first mobo was updated..But I do not think this one was......

So...Like many said...Its probably something easy that was overlooked...It just well may be that.....:costumes:

Live and learn...

But...Thanks for asking.....:ernae:

kilo delta
December 10th, 2008, 13:12
Hope you get your PC fixed soon, Mason.:ernae:

PS. I'd recommend that you edit out your email address above...........unless you like getting spam mail :isadizzy::icon_lol:

harleyman
December 10th, 2008, 13:23
Thanks Kilo Delta...For both...

Not real crazy about spam....Missed that...Thanks.....:wavey:

Bjoern
December 11th, 2008, 06:41
I'd say that's good news for ya.

Just wait till tomorrow and then jump up and down behind the front door, just like a dog extatically awaiting its owner back from a business trip. :icon_lol:

But make sure not to joyously kiss the mailman once he arrives with your package. :costumes:

Then, after you've built in your new PSU, FLASH YOUR BIOS! ;)

harleyman
December 11th, 2008, 07:22
I sure will...Flash.....

Hmmm Maybe even the UPS driver....She's pretty sweet....:173go1: LOL

harleyman
December 13th, 2008, 03:31
Well...Thermaltake called last night...they have recieved my PSU,completely tested it,found no problems,and then sent me a new one anyway second day air ..Its due this Tuesday.Wed. at the latest...

So...Its all down to the Bios flash...And I'm not 100% certain of whats on it actually..It may have a more recent update on it...I just don't remember...:banghead:

But our one and only txnetcop really seems to think this is my problem...And I sure hope so......LOL

Bjoern
December 13th, 2008, 08:33
My PSU arrived today. I like the modular cables and boy, my PC is soooooooo quiet now!

Had a BSOD nonetheless, but related to the video driver. Gonna do the driver dance now.

harleyman
December 13th, 2008, 11:05
My PSU arrived today. I like the modular cables and boy, my PC is soooooooo quiet now!

Had a BSOD nonetheless, but related to the video driver. Gonna do the driver dance now.

:applause::applause: Thats great...Well,Not the BSOD.....LOL But quit is good...

Those modulars are nice..Thats what mine is too and really makes cabeling much easier......

Bjoern
December 13th, 2008, 11:39
Those modulars are nice..Thats what mine is too and really makes cabeling much easier......

Actually...no.
It's still a f+cking PITA to wire all devices with those cables in a small case.

If Coolermaster was a wee bit more clever about their cable management, I could have saved one or two extra ones.

My three SATA devices could have fit perfectly to a cable tree with three devices, but noo, the stupid connectors aren't placed with enough space to plug them into both HDDs right on bottom of the case and into the DVD drive right on top of the case. :isadizzy:

harleyman
December 13th, 2008, 12:26
I had no problems ..and even added a third HDD......

I like the big case just for that reason.....

Bjoern
December 13th, 2008, 12:47
Your mainboard looks quite lost... :costumes:

harleyman
December 13th, 2008, 15:48
Yea it does...It looks more so now as the ribbon is now gone.( an ordering goof on a DVDRW drive,non sata,but since replaced)

Lionheart
December 13th, 2008, 18:24
Well drats. I was thinking about this last night, wondering what the verdict was on it.

I had hoped that was it.

I am thinking of getting a higher output PSU myself. I should be able to run FSX at a very good speed. I am wondering if it just doesnt have the 'umph' from the supply..

Bill

Bjoern
December 14th, 2008, 07:52
I am thinking of getting a higher output PSU myself. I should be able to run FSX at a very good speed. I am wondering if it just doesnt have the 'umph' from the supply..

High output isn't necessary.

Actually even a high-quality 400W PSU could keep a non-sli, non-GTX system like mine alive.
But I wanted to have a bit of safety for a probable upgrade, so I chose 520W.

harleyman
December 14th, 2008, 08:22
Well drats. I was thinking about this last night, wondering what the verdict was on it.

I had hoped that was it.

Bill

It just has to be my bios ....(fingers crossed)...What you are really after is a good wattage PSU with at least 80% effinecy.......

Gotta go,,,FOOTBALL...Go Panthers.........:applause:

harleyman
December 17th, 2008, 17:00
Well Ladies and Gentlemen....

My PSU came today..Brand new just as they said....
I installed it and fired up FSX.............No joy...Ripples all over the place

Ah Hah I thought..Has to be the BIOS...So with some expert help from txnetcop I flashed my bios with the newest version.....

Fired up FSX and no joy.....I was very dieheartned to say the least..What could it be.....

So I went to charge the camcorder...I set it all up to record these ripples...Started up the computer,loaded FSX and the default and ......

NO RIPPLES........ NONE......I was in disbelief........Then I realized I had not restarted since flashing the bios so it had not taken yet......

It is very jerky now,and is doing some flashing from time to time......But that can be adjusted in the config I believe.....

So....Line up.....Give me your best shot for being such a dummie .....I'm ready for some abuse...LOL :banghead:

Again...Thanks to all of you that have helped and listened.......:applause::ernae:

Butcherbird17
December 17th, 2008, 18:24
Did you use the gigabyte utility @Bios to update? I can't believe that it was your bios the whole time.:isadizzy: But im glad your up and running again:applause::ernae::friday:

Joe

harleyman
December 17th, 2008, 18:53
Did you use the gigabyte utility @Bios to update? I can't believe that it was your bios the whole time.:isadizzy: But im glad your up and running again:applause::ernae::friday:

Joe

Hi Joe...Yes I used at Bios...It was very straightforward with the help from Ted......It went without a hitch....

I do feel somewhat stupid ..Its just one of those things...I'll know better next time for sure.......

Tommorrow I will Repartion and format all three drives and start fresh.....YEA

Lionheart
December 17th, 2008, 19:59
Hozzah! Hozzah! Hozzah!!!!

:ernae:

<----- jumps up on the desk and dances a jig

Thank you Lord!

:applause:

I am glad this is now behind you Mason so you can get in some serious flying time now on the sim.

I love happy endings.

(Remember, I told you that you were probably one inch away from having that baby running right)....

Bill

Wiens
December 17th, 2008, 20:05
Mason,

Since your computer is now "fixed" we probably won't see you much here @ SOH!!

Glad you and Ted were able to find and fix the problem.

Kevin

txnetcop
December 18th, 2008, 01:44
Hey Mason what I found out from the guys at TechCorp and one of the reps from ATI was that the BIOS on some of the new X-48 boards had some signal issues with the new 4800 series cards. The X2 series in particular were causing grief. Most of the X58 boards will not have that problem if the BIOS was flashed after December 7. It had to be the problem. The first thing I do is flash the BIOS on a new motherboard I guess I assumed I told you to flash it. I'm sorry Amigo for not asking that question earlier. I'm so very glad for you.

For all you guys that have 4800 series cards on Gigabyte X48, make sure your BIOs is the new verion 6 F8 Beta. @Bios is very easy to use, just install it there are four tabs you see. First save your old BIOS and then click the tab to let @BIOS go to Gigabyte and download the latest BIOS. It really is that simple. There is also a tab to load a BIOS you have already downloaded. Takes less than 2 or 3 minutes.
Ted

harleyman
December 18th, 2008, 02:50
Lionheart...You were so right..It was just the simpleiest of things ..An oversite for sure.......And don't think your prayers aren't appreciated Bill...They must have let me *See The Light* LOL Thanks...

@ Kevin.......I will be around....I will now be flying inbetween it all.....This is always my first and last stop of the day ......

Thanks for the info Ted,and all the help and advice....

Now off to check my format..I'm just redoing it all now....Long day ahead....LOL

For all you help and advice guys....:applause::applause::applause::ernae::erna e::ernae:

Thank You

FLighT01
December 18th, 2008, 04:19
Well this has been quite a saga Harleyman, the stuff of legends, possibly a movie of the week. I sincerely hope your at journeys end and can get some quality FSX time in. I would prefer to see you posting comments on your experiences with the latest and greatest addons for FSX instead of the you know what in your puter'.

harleyman
December 18th, 2008, 04:52
I heard that Flight.....

Got the OS on and all drives pertitioned and formatted...that took hours......:banghead:

And my stupid C Drive is tagged G Drive and it won't allow it to be changed...Never had that happen before.....LOL

FLighT01
December 18th, 2008, 05:28
Murphy's Law.

Bjoern
December 18th, 2008, 07:23
*Hits Harleyman with a foam brick for not considering that camcorder*

:costumes:

And my stupid C Drive is tagged G Drive and it won't allow it to be changed...Never had that happen before.....LOL

Had that before, got it fixed by doing this:
http://www.tsensus.com/2008/02/fix-an-incorrect-boot-drive-letter-in-windows-xp/

However, I'd rather reinstall XP while having any secondary HDDs disconnected.

kilo delta
December 18th, 2008, 10:10
Harleyman...........check out this thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=1569&highlight=Bios ........... post #14 in particular!!!:kilroy:

:costumes::costumes:

harleyman
December 18th, 2008, 10:36
Harleyman...........check out this thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=1569&highlight=Bios ........... post #14 in particular!!!:kilroy:

:costumes::costumes:

Ducks from all the bricks heading my way....LOL

Post 14 Huh...Never seen it before..... Must be some sort of mistake......Certainly I'll never admit to that.....:costumes:

I got the drive fixed Bjoern by running a partition again.......Then I found out all I had to do was pull the satas off the other two drives....LOL And reboot.....

OK Ok I feel slightly small about now......:redf::redf:

BUT...Heres the good news..Got everything all sorted out so far...And FEX even installed on the third try without having to contact Flight1 for the first time...So I'm moving on and loving life...

And KiloDelta...That was just wrong man.....LOl :costumes::wavey::ernae:

kilo delta
December 18th, 2008, 10:51
:isadizzy::costumes:

LOL

Glad you've got it sorted now. Time for you to enjoy FSX as it's meant to be "played":applause::friday:

ananda
December 18th, 2008, 13:28
It seems you are on a roll harley :applause:

harleyman
December 18th, 2008, 14:01
I am smoking here...On my last install for My Traffic plus update for it ,one last defragg and I'm in the air again....Whooo Hoooo

And I got about all the stuttering out now too....:applause::ernae:

Bjoern
December 19th, 2008, 04:28
I got the drive fixed Bjoern by running a partition again.......Then I found out all I had to do was pull the satas off the other two drives....LOL And reboot.....

With Windows still installed on "G:"?

harleyman
December 19th, 2008, 11:19
No..I went ahead and deleted the first partition and did it all over with a fresh OS again...It took it all correct that second time and all three drives are lettered correctly now.....:applause:

FLighT01
December 20th, 2008, 02:38
BUT...Heres the good news..Got everything all sorted out so far...And FEX even installed on the third try without having to contact Flight1 for the first time...So I'm moving on and loving life...

Any tips on reinstalling Flight 1 stuff. I've never had to do a reinstall on any of the numerous products I've D/L'd from them, but sooner or later I got to do it with my new box. Can't run stock FSX/Accel forever on it!

harleyman
December 20th, 2008, 03:13
Frank,If you go to their website to their tips on ordering and redownloading ,their is a thing there that you fill out that puts all your DL ina place together and ties them all to your e mail addy ...Something like that anyway..once its done you just need to redpwnload the product,or rerun your installer and select,reinstall,and it will ask for you log on and ordernumber info,and it then is all together in one place.....

It can be difficult,but they will always help..There is also a place here to request all your DL info,and it will be sent by e mail to you,and save that and its all you will ever need.....

ananda
December 20th, 2008, 06:35
I have just replaced my system drive containing an XP/Vista64 dual boot by cloning to a new drive using Casper V5 from Future Systems.

It retained all of my registry entries and applications, but, the only thing I needed to do was an on-line re-registration of Acceleration. Fortunately this worked first time.

Bjoern
December 20th, 2008, 11:24
No..I went ahead and deleted the first partition and did it all over with a fresh OS again...It took it all correct that second time and all three drives are lettered correctly now.....:applause:

Ah.

Otherwise this would have been a ground-braking method to correct that problem "on the fly".