PDA

View Full Version : One of my teaching tools...

Rami
February 23rd, 2011, 10:55
Hello,

I thought you might be interested in what I consider to be a cool teaching tool to provide my students with a clear picture of the waxing and waning of Germany in the period leading up to and through World War II.

It lasts six minutes and thirty-nine seconds. Make sure to have your speakers on!

http://www.slideboom.com/presentations/129266/Animated-WW2-Map-Europe

Rami
February 23rd, 2011, 11:05
Talon,

No, there isn't one for the Pacific. I don't teach it anyway...lol

Talon
February 23rd, 2011, 19:15
Talon,

No, there isn't one for the Pacific. I don't teach it anyway...lol

Some teacher you are only teaching half of what your students need to know. And we wonder why our kids are failing.

But than again you are the Scarecrow ( if you only had a Brain ) and the Pacific might be to much for you to Grasp.:icon_lol:

Talon

Jagdflieger
February 23rd, 2011, 19:51
Nice time line Rami. I wish I could have seen that as a youngster. Things would have been much clearer while listing to my Dad and his friends talk about the war.

mksystem
February 25th, 2011, 10:58
Very enlightning, it is so much clearer to see it progress before your eyes. Thank you for sharing!:salute:

gaucho_59
February 25th, 2011, 11:22
Hello,

I thought you might be interested in what I consider to be a cool teaching tool to provide my students with a clear picture of the waxing and waning of Germany in the period leading up to and through World War II.

It lasts six minutes and thirty-nine seconds. Make sure to have your speakers on!

http://www.slideboom.com/presentations/129266/Animated-WW2-Map-Europe

Excellent presentation... I think many teachers could use this...

gaucho_59
February 25th, 2011, 11:25
Some teacher you are only teaching half of what your students need to know. And we wonder why our kids are failing.

But than again you are the Scarecrow ( if you only had a Brain ) and the Pacific might be to much for you to Grasp.:icon_lol:

Talon

I hope so... only an idiot could denigrate such a nice effort... especially one who canno spell!!!!
It is THEN... not THAN... than is only used with adjetive of quantity or amount... LIKE lesser than OR greater than.... food for thought....

gaucho_59
February 25th, 2011, 11:26
I hope so... only an idiot could denigrate such a nice effort... especially one who canno spell!!!!
It is THEN... not THAN... than is only used with adjetive of quantity or amount... LIKE lesser than OR greater than.... food for thought....

In my haste I misspelled cannot... but it is only a typographical error...

Rami
February 25th, 2011, 12:10

Gaucho_59,

Yes, Talon and I have a good rapport. It is in jest...Talon lives in Hawaii and has had one too many coconuts fall on his head. :wiggle:

Talon
February 25th, 2011, 12:41
Gaucho_59,

Yes, Talon and I have a good rapport. It is in jest...Talon lives in Hawaii and has had one too many coconuts fall on his head. :wiggle:

Plus if Gaucho had read your second post he would have seen it was just a JOKE. Remember English is not my first language,CFS2 is.:icon_lol:

Talon

Shadow Wolf 07
February 25th, 2011, 14:15
Thanks for the link Herr Von Rami, You just got lazy and didn't look for the Pacific equivalent. :wavey:

Talon
February 25th, 2011, 18:33

Gaucho,

I wouldn't go calling people idiots. Rami and I go back along time and are always joking with each other in the forums.

As for spelling everyone makes mistakes and some people can't spell at all. Some people even get their words mixed up because of a disability.Nobody makes fun of them or says much about it.Maybe you are the exception and never make mistakes. Guess again. What is canno and adjetive? Something for you to think about.

Talon

gaucho_59
February 25th, 2011, 19:51
Gaucho,

I wouldn't go calling people idiots. Rami and I go back along time and are always joking with each other in the forums.

As for spelling everyone makes mistakes and some people can't spell at all. Some people even get their words mixed up because of a disability.Nobody makes fun of them or says much about it.Maybe you are the exception and never make mistakes. Guess again. What is canno and adjetive? Something for you to think about.

Talon

If you might notice, the initial kudos I wrote for Rami started with something like "I hope this is in jest" - which should dissipate any doubts as to my calling anyone an idiot... based on that premise... the "idiot" comment goes without explanation as a moot point... i.e: if it is in jest (which apparently you intended so) my comment is a moot point... if instead it were to be a serious comment... then I would stand by it... don't get your feathers raffled, please...
You remind me of the person who does not signal changing lanes... NO ONE can guess what one's intentions are ... unless one make them clear... reading your initial comment (and not knowing you are friend of Rami's)... one can only surmise two things... 1- it is in jest... or 2- it is for real... I, being a cautious person... considered both alternatives... sort of "if the shoe fits"... WEAR IT... no animosity in my comment... I apologize if you took it wrong...
Your comment about the type 'canno' is also a moot point... nothing for me to think about... if you read my follow up comment, I explained I made a "physical" mistake... my spelling is very well, thank you... be cool with senior citizens (I am 73 and do have senior moments... that is why I not longer practice medicine... lol... I know when it is time to quit... )

gaucho_59
February 25th, 2011, 19:58
If you might notice, the initial kudos I wrote for Rami started with something like "I hope this is in jest" - which should dissipate any doubts as to my calling anyone an idiot... based on that premise... the "idiot" comment goes without explanation as a moot point... i.e: if it is in jest (which apparently you intended so) my comment is a moot point... if instead it were to be a serious comment... then I would stand by it... don't get your feathers raffled, please...
You remind me of the person who does not signal changing lanes... NO ONE can guess what one's intentions are ... unless one make them clear... reading your initial comment (and not knowing you are friend of Rami's)... one can only surmise two things... 1- it is in jest... or 2- it is for real... I, being a cautious person... considered both alternatives... sort of "if the shoe fits"... WEAR IT... no animosity in my comment... I apologize if you took it wrong...
Your comment about the type 'canno' is also a moot point... nothing for me to think about... if you read my follow up comment, I explained I made a "physical" mistake... my spelling is very well, thank you... be cool with senior citizens (I am 73 and do have senior moments... that is why I not longer practice medicine... lol... I know when it is time to quit... )

Hey brah,
until a year or so ago, I was a kamaina kinda guy... kinda adopted local person... I even attended U of H back some 40 years ago... shukka brah.. no offense...
Keep the bare essentials... a bottle opener and a Primo... oops... I guess I date myself... no'mo' Primos to suck up... used to love the stuff...
Aloha

Talon
February 25th, 2011, 20:38
My first post had :icon_lol: at the end of it which should have let everyone know it was in Jest.

Enough said let's let it go.

Talon