PDA

View Full Version : Another demirrored Smashing Time's masterpiece uploaded!

kelticheart
February 23rd, 2011, 08:43
A good day to everybody! :wavey:

I just uploaded an alternative livery created by demirroring SOH's member Rick Spork, a.k.a. Smashing Time, repaint of stock B5N2 "BI-181", 1st wave Level Bomber Force, carrier Soryu, credited with the sinking of the battleship USS Arizona. This aircraft repaint is also included in Talon's PHP2_Kates pack as "B5N2_Kate_SORYU_BI_181" and "B5N2_Kate_SORYU_LB".

Since this nice, mottled camo livery is not the usual stock green Kate skin, in order to stick to the cleanup project idea, I used clean, stock textures wherever I could, that is the whole aircraft underside, upper wings/fuselage "Hinomaru" (or Japan WWII red roundel insignia) and various aircraft parts.

I also went through extra demirror steps: please gentlemen, check the differences between the port and starboard side weathering spots. More tear n' wear on the port side wing, where crews used to hop in the cockpit from, and different paint chipping places. Not all of them, of course, it would have taken much longer to release, but a good portion.

I hope you'll enjoy it!
KH :ernae:

Rami
February 23rd, 2011, 09:49
Kelti,

Thank you, this is another outstanding effort! :salute:

mariereid
February 23rd, 2011, 10:11
Ah the added touch! Thanks for caring!:salute::ernae:

gaucho_59
February 23rd, 2011, 10:30
A good day to everybody! :wavey:

I just uploaded an alternative livery created by demirroring SOH's member Rick Spork, a.k.a. Smashing Time, repaint of stock B5N2 "BI-181", 1st wave Level Bomber Force, carrier Soryu, credited with the sinking of the battleship USS Arizona. This aircraft repaint is also included in Talon's PHP2_Kates pack as "B5N2_Kate_SORYU_BI_181" and "B5N2_Kate_SORYU_LB".

Since this nice, mottled camo livery is not the usual stock green Kate skin, in order to stick to the cleanup project idea, I used clean, stock textures wherever I could, that is the whole aircraft underside, upper wings/fuselage "Hinomaru" (or Japan WWII red roundel insignia) and various aircraft parts.

I also went through extra demirror steps: please gentlemen, check the differences between the port and starboard side weathering spots. More tear n' wear on the port side wing, where crews used to hop in the cockpit from, and different paint chipping places. Not all of them, of course, it would have taken much longer to release, but a good portion.

I hope you'll enjoy it!
KH :ernae:
Are you an anglophone living in Italy or Italian... I am an American who lived in Italy for since I retired from the Army in 82... Se sei italiano, capirai che uno l'Italia non la dimentica piu'... adesso vivo in California ma ho ancora la casa a Vicenza, che trall'altro visito spesso... I do a lot of painting... and we might be able to collaborate... visit my painting site: http://westwood.fortunecity.com/chanel/132/index.html
you might find it interesting... I would very much like to establish some link with you....
Thanks again for the demirroring... I would also like to learn how to do that... I am not very well versed on the technical aspects of modelling....

Jagdflieger
February 23rd, 2011, 20:13
Thanks again for another great update for the PHP project Kelti!

Welcome to the Outhouse basement Gaucho_59. Hope to see you often. Were you with the 509 PIR at Vicenza?

Steve2112
February 24th, 2011, 00:03
Excellent Job! Your very appreciated!

PomBee
February 24th, 2011, 08:18
Beautiful work, Kelti.

Thank you,

PomBee.:salute::salute::salute: