PDA

View Full Version : The Baton is Home

RFields
February 22nd, 2011, 19:14
iFlyOnline landed at TNCM just after 0400 UTC as the final of the four teams to complete the circumnavigation.

The Executive Committee wishes to thank everyone who participated. Results will be announced Wednesday as we complete verification of the posts and requirements.

An excellent job in flying the fastest Around-the-World Race in the event's history.

Thank you for another fantastic race.

Matt Smith
Ian Dale
Mike MacKuen
Reggie Fields
Rob Ibey

fliger747
February 22nd, 2011, 23:03
Probably the most fun race so far!

Cheers. T

PRB
February 23rd, 2011, 05:19
Agreed. I had a lot of fun with this one. Thanks to all the hard work to the race organizers and rule makers.

Taco
February 23rd, 2011, 06:04
Yep! it was a fun race. Thanks to all of those SOH organizers, and Larry's wife who now has to look forward to all those dirty dishes.

Tako_Kichi
February 23rd, 2011, 07:33
Thanks to all of those SOH organizers, and Larry's wife who now has to look forward to all those dirty dishes.
Looks like the dirty dishes are going to be around for at least another day! The darn water heater packed up yesterday so we are now without hot water until tomorrow when the repair guy can get here. :isadizzy::angryfir:

srgalahad
February 23rd, 2011, 14:23
OHHHHHHHHHHH

More cold showers for Larry!

It was fun ( I even got to lug the baton along in my Sea horsy)

Congratulations to all of you for surviving what was a fun ordeal (and thanks for keeping the headaches down to a dull roar):salute:

Rob

dcc
February 23rd, 2011, 15:54
congrats to the team, you survived another RTW race! Looked like a real close one too.

- dcc

RFields
February 23rd, 2011, 16:51
Across the north Pacific - SOH, Avsim and FlightSim needed ATC control.

I saw two teams on the same airport three times with the other team less than two minutes away, and once all three teams on the ground at PASY at the same time!!!

crashaz
February 23rd, 2011, 17:29
Boy howdy was it dark @ PASY too. I never have seen a "moon-rise" over the ocean. Weird.

Congratulations to Flightsim and all the pilots... looking at the race times and watching our own baton holders... you all were awesome!:salute:

spokes2112
February 24th, 2011, 03:28
Guys - Congrats on a well run race. It was so close! From Canada on down we had guys calling out your positions, net time etc.. Had beads of sweat the whole way. Just 5 minutes! Whew! Cannot wait to meet up again next year.

Again, well done.

Roman (spokes2112) - Team Avsim

smilo
February 24th, 2011, 06:39
i concur.
i'm so glad i took time off from work
so i could get a front row seat.
the run up the Aleutians was intense.
i wish i had taken a screenie of the follow the race page.
it was like a gaggle.
i am most grateful that i was able to be involved.

well done to all teams,
and many thanks to the committee
for all their hard work keeping us in line,
and to all those behind the scenes,
who made this race as smooth and enjoyable as it was... :salute:

i look forward to the next go round.

Spookster67
February 24th, 2011, 10:10
i wish i had taken a screenie of the follow the race page.
it was like a gaggle.
I guess you mean like this one I took...

Good race Team Outhouse, we look forward to flying with you again next year.