PDA

View Full Version : I bit the bullet

hurricane3
February 20th, 2011, 17:00
Ok I bit the bullet and reinstalled FS9 ,now I have the patch for fs9 on a cd from PC Pilot magizine I put in the CD and when done it said the patch was installed, and your supposed to replace the fs9 exe with the one in the games but the icons look the same and doesn't say FS9.EXE just fs9.So I did that but how do I know the update is there? Its been so long since I did this I can't rember just how I did it before.
So my question is how do I know if the update is there? The only thing in the FS9 root file is the little bridge icon for uninstalling the update and a txt file giving you whats in the update and how to install.
I thought I had the update on a cd but can't find it.

andersel
February 20th, 2011, 17:51
The only thing I have, too, is the uninstall icon. My v9.1 is good to go. PTTP, LA

falcon409
February 20th, 2011, 18:52
. . . . .So my question is how do I know if the update is there?. . . . .
Open FS9 to the default flight. Click on the "Help" dropdown and then "About Microsoft Simulator". . . .it will show you the current version.

mrogers
February 20th, 2011, 19:02
Mousing over the FS9 exe symbol will tell you what version it is, and in my case it's version 9.1.0 after I did the fs9 update install. Also my exe is called FS9.
And also in the fs9 root folder there should be a little backup folder created by the update itself and in it are the original fs9 files.
Hope that helps.

hurricane3
February 20th, 2011, 19:13
Just checked ,I got it ,thanks guys

falcon409
February 20th, 2011, 20:30
Mousing over the FS9 exe symbol will tell you what version it is, and in my case it's version 9.1.0 after I did the fs9 update install. Also my exe is called FS9.
And also in the fs9 root folder there should be a little backup folder created by the update itself and in it are the original fs9 files.
Hope that helps.
Much easier. . .thanks Mark!

mrogers
February 21st, 2011, 18:48
Anything that makes things easier helps!

Hope you get back up and running again hurricane. Don't give up, it happens to some of us but we do recover from the huge disappointments and move on and start again. And also remember to make a backup copy of FS9 onto an external drive if you have one. That way you can just do a copy and paste to replace any lost files, etc, making things easier for you to rebuild.

hurricane3
February 22nd, 2011, 12:26
Thanks M rogers ,I need all the encouragement I can get. I'am back up and running ,have downloaded all the effects I'am going to this time ,and other than my problems with the SeaHurricanes I'am off to the races but like the turtle very very slowly.
Last time I did a reinstall I worked almost nonstop for over a month to put back every thing, this time I will only put back what I feel like flying and where from.
Baby steps