PDA

View Full Version : Findings files in the Warbirds Library

thefrog
February 19th, 2011, 19:36
I was wondering if there was any sort of tutorial or guidance as to how to find planes in the library please. I can never find what I am looking for! For example I am looking for the T-33 by Piglet upgraded to FSX and I'm not sure whether I should look in Add-ons Index, Warbirds Archive, What's Hot, What's New etc - I don't seem to be able to do a proper search when I am in any of them. I just thought if were some brief notes that would be very helpful.
Many thanks,
Frog

Roger
February 20th, 2011, 03:42
For recent releases the "What's new" button is the best way. You'll find the T33 update rev A there and a small patch for gauges etc.
Hope that helps.

jim
February 20th, 2011, 03:54
Hate to say it but I found the best way to find what your looking for is to go to Avsim or Flightsim.
Finding files is the ONLY thing wrong with this site.

Bjoern
February 20th, 2011, 07:28
"Add-Ons Index" -> "Search" -> Mark "FSX Addons" as category -> "T-33" in the search field, mark "exact phrase" as search condition -> Hit "Search" -> Tons of results

So much for the basic procedure.

falcon409
February 20th, 2011, 08:44
Hate to say it but I found the best way to find what your looking for is to go to Avsim or Flightsim.
Finding files is the ONLY thing wrong with this site.
That works for some addons, but there are a lot of things uploaded here that are not uploaded anywhere else. . .they are strictly SOH downloads, so you won't find them on any other sites.:salute:

Rami
February 20th, 2011, 10:05
Good afternoon,

Canelo and I continue to work on the search features, but I've put in a lot of hours to help smooth and streamline the library to make things easier to find.

All of the new library sections had been given three categories...Aircraft, Scenery, and Other. I've worked very hard to expand and sub-divide the Warbirds Library so that you can find what you're looking for.

If you're starting from the main page, you would click on "Flight Simulator X Add-Ons," then click on "FSX Aircraft," then "FSX American Aircraft." Your sought-after entry is on page 2.

You may also simply click on this link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=34&id=3627

If there is anything else I can do to help you, please don't hesitate to ask. But please be respectful to the janitor of SOH who maintains the library.

Thanks,

HighGround22
February 20th, 2011, 12:15
"Add-Ons Index" -> "Search" -> Mark "FSX Addons" as . . . .

Bjoern: Many thanks for the nice, little, eye-opening tutorial. That'll come in very handy.

Rami: Big thanks for all of your dedicated assistance.

thefrog
February 20th, 2011, 13:07
As the OP, many thanks to you all - I now know how to do it! Is there any chance of a mini-tutorial (such as in two of the posts above) being posted in the Warbirds Library as a sticky for the benefit of others in the future?

Many thanks again
Frog