PDA

View Full Version : New Ju-52 Panel

Ali Cat
February 19th, 2011, 13:33
As I haven't posted lately I thought I would chime in and share my progress on the Ju-52 panel. I'm nearing a Beta version but there are a number of little problems. To show what I've gotten into checkout the following pic. Here I've just found a solution to making the indicator lights turn off when the master switch is off.

I'm hesitant to show this pic because I don't want everyone to think it is always like this. Note that if I had used the standard approach the indicator lights would be a no brainer. If you where sitting next to me I could show you how to do it in under 20 minutes. Also, do not be impressed by the complexity. Remember I have coded all of my adult life.

I recently integrated my new gauges with the uploaded Ju-52 and a pic of the panel is also included (nor sure why it's showing up separate).

A couple of points:
- Only the gauge code here is mine.
- Only the 2 popups at the top-left are mine (throttles & elect. switches)
- Heck yea they will be released as free to use.

AC

Jagdflieger
February 19th, 2011, 13:41
Wow! Looks great Alicat. That will give us a lot of options when flying Tane JU. Will this use the same instruments as the recently converted Primavesi FS 9 Ju 52?

Ali Cat
February 19th, 2011, 14:03
I never asked Simonu where he got the artwork (with permission of course) but you are right that it looks pretty much identical to

http://www.ju52-3m.ch/models.htm

Thanks for the response. It has been a lot of fun but finishing is a bit of a grind - enthusiasm shot appreciated.

AC

Seagull V
February 19th, 2011, 14:39
Hello Ali Cat

Panel is looking absolutely great, thanks for being part of the Ju-52 Upgrade Team !!!!!! :ernae:

Ali Cat
February 19th, 2011, 15:49
... and nice to talk to you. All that has been done on this bird I cannot imagine. I've cut the following names out of Rami's "Credits.txt".

Simonu
Achim27619
Kelticheart
Japlance
oldwheat
Seagull V
Cess Donker
sc7500

Not that others are not working on good things on other projects - they are. This place of SOH
is a nice one. My complements to all.

AC

Jagdflieger
February 19th, 2011, 20:29
Ah ha! The usual suspects in that list. They are a few of the vertebrae in the back bone of CFS 2.

Seagull V
February 20th, 2011, 02:18
I don't know if this is too late to help:-

http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/archiv-englisch/dokumente/web/new%20site/frames2/Dokumente.htm

Click on "M", then click on "Junkers" in the Manuals (Aircraft Manuals)
Click on "I", you get some instruments.

Click on "Homepage", then click "Instrument Panels" down the bottom, also click on "Equipment Catalogue WWII".

LOTS OF INTERESTING ITEMS ESPECIALLY FOR LUFTWAFFE FANS !!!!!!!! :wiggle::salute:

Rami
February 20th, 2011, 05:07
Ali Cat,

Excellent job, it's looking outstanding! :salute:

Ali Cat
February 20th, 2011, 09:54
Jag: To borrow from your image - yea, there’s plenty of "spine" here at SOH.

Seagull: I had found that website though only recently and more or less by accident. It’s good that you posted it as many here will be interested and it was difficult, for me at least, to come by. It’s probably the best reference I have seen on the cockpit/panel/gauge topic.

Rami: Don’t worry I will finish this one. Also, in the near future I do want to put together a "blow by blow" tutorial on how to make one’s first gauge. This will sound undoable to many as "c" is daunting but I still feel strongly that with good instructions anyone can learn to make most gauges purely by rote. Perhaps an analogy to dp files will explain it. Many here have gotten quite skilled at modifying them even though the end result is a black box (CFS2). Here’s the gist of making a typical needle gauge.

1. Start a new project to make a dll.
2. Bring in the source for the "main" file as well as the gauges.h header.
3. Bring in a source file that is similar to the gauge you want to make.
4. Do a search and replace to change the variable names.
5. Change a few numbers to make the needle swing right.
6. Go back to the "main" file, cut and paste 3 lines and change the variables to match.
7. Add a new line between the GAUGE_TABLE_BEGIN() and GAUGE_TABLE_END() macro’s.
8. Compile and link.
9. Add the gauge to a panel.cfg and test her out.

You just, mentally at least, made your first gauge. There really isn’t much more to it than that.

When I get to it I’m thinking of learning an open source platform (gcc rings a bell) so that anyone who wishes to try can do so a zero cost. Anyway, it’s one of the items on my wish list.

Thanks for complements everyone,
AC

tonybones2112
February 20th, 2011, 18:14
Stupendous project Ali, I can;t wait till it's finished:salute:

Bones

Ali Cat
February 21st, 2011, 12:17
Thanks man - and good to finally speak to you.

Anyway, my Warhol 15 minutes right? Back to it - ready to finish this thang.

AC

tonybones2112
February 21st, 2011, 16:32
Thanks man - and good to finally speak to you.

Anyway, my Warhol 15 minutes right? Back to it - ready to finish this thang.

AC

I am pleased to meet you and speak to you too Ali. And agin, I'm looking forward to this panel, Ju-52 was a good aircraft, very popular, one that was not, until recently, one that a whole lot of attention was paid to in CFS2.:salute:

Tony Bones

simonu
February 23rd, 2011, 12:07
Outstanding work Ali Cat, thanks for keeping at it all these months.
I have been somewhat busy with work and just havent been able to keep up with developments here.

Just to confirm the artwork is the self same artwork that is included in the Primavesi FS 9 Ju 52.

Since he gave us permission to create a CFS2 specific version of the plane I figured we should use as much of his material as possible.

Ali Cat
February 26th, 2011, 05:47
One of my personal goals has always been to, at least at startup, to produce a panel that has a consistent look and feel. This project has made me brush up on my Gimp skills ("brush" - an argh pun?). But my contribution here is small and not deserving of mention. Quite simply the artwork is just plain excellent and this permitted me to even consider this route.

Also Simonu, two other issues:

I have abandoned the name matching with FS9. Certainly an elegant idea but it has caused problems.

My gal informs me that we have switched ISP’s. Apparently Road Runner (Time Warner) is jacking us around here in SC on the price. They want, for phone and cable and high speed more than my car note! Don’t worry - I will find you with the imminent beta. It is of course, yours.

AC