PDA

View Full Version : Best F-22

brettt777
February 18th, 2011, 21:12
So who makes the best F-22 Raptor for FSX?

Kiwikat
February 18th, 2011, 22:24
Nobody.

We could use one though...

deathfromafar
February 18th, 2011, 22:32
Milviz has one in build. Hadn't heard much on it in a little while

VC shots:

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=511&view=next

blazefox2
February 19th, 2011, 07:13
if i remember correctly from on of davids films (rule of engagement) the alphasim fs9 f-22 flew pretty well in fsx. its not being sold by virtavia at the moment though.:isadizzy:

Bjoern
February 19th, 2011, 15:15
XPand has a freeware, native one in the works. Haven't heard about it in quite a while though.

peter12213
February 19th, 2011, 22:46
The old alphasim model is about the best we have at the moment, it's vc is quite nice and the model is ok though some new textures and bump mapping would not go amiss if only I know how to do it!

Bjoern
February 20th, 2011, 07:26
The old alphasim model is about the best we have at the moment, it's vc is quite nice and the model is ok though some new textures and bump mapping would not go amiss if only I know how to do it!

Forget about bump mapping, you'd need to make the model FSX native for that. And that's only possible with the source files.

Montie
February 20th, 2011, 13:55
XPand has a freeware, native one in the works. Haven't heard about it in quite a while though.

It looks like a 2nd beta was uploaded to Simviation today:

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Military-57-0?mark=35605#35605

Daube
February 20th, 2011, 14:06
Thanks for the heads-up, I'm downloading it right now to test it :)

Daube
February 20th, 2011, 14:33
Just tested it. The plane is in native FSX SP2 model indeed. The exterior model is really nice, but the virtual cockpit seems to be in early alpha stage, not beta. I can't say anything about the flight model because I don't know anything about the performance of the real plane.
What I can say is that this project is definitely sounding cool, and I can't wait to see the final version of that plane !

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1447.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1448.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1449.jpg

doublecool
February 20th, 2011, 14:37
Wow if the VC looks like the exterior when completed it will be Very Nice Jet :salute:

Bjoern
February 21st, 2011, 08:48
Ah, very cool.

Let's hope Ricardo finishes it before moving on to the Mongol.

Agg
February 21st, 2011, 12:02
The exterior model is decent, its off in a few places, like the canopy and the nose, but not bad. The flight model on the other hand is way off...

Im not too big on flying aircraft that are just "guess work" either, I like my aircraft as realistic as possible. And considering that the F-22 is classified, and probably will be for the foreseeable future I think its going to be quite a long time until we get a realistic F-22 for any flightsim.

Ferry_vO
February 21st, 2011, 13:06
Thanks for the heads-up, it's a pretty nice aircraft!

:jump:

Bone
February 21st, 2011, 13:56
Freeware is nice, but if the Milviz F-22 is on par with their F-15E and F-15C (which I'm sure it will be), then you guys are going to look at this model like you did your bicycle, after getting your first motorcycle.

CG_1976
February 21st, 2011, 14:48
Me thinks i'll download this freeware F-22 for a spin to Yellowknife and Canuk her to a CF122.

CG_1976
February 21st, 2011, 21:55
There The F-22 now becomes a CF122:jump:.

brettt777
February 22nd, 2011, 10:51
Milviz has one in build. Hadn't heard much on it in a little while

VC shots:

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=511&view=next

That cockpit looks awesome. I wonder where I can get a joystick like that for my PC...? :)
The real one probably costs more than I make in a year.

Bjoern
February 22nd, 2011, 17:47
Im not too big on flying aircraft that are just "guess work" either, I like my aircraft as realistic as possible.

Go edit the airfiles then.

Freeware is nice, but if the Milviz F-22 is on par with their F-15E and F-15C (which I'm sure it will be), then you guys are going to look at this model like you did your bicycle, after getting your first motorcycle.

And that's the kind of words every freeware developer wants to hear. Thanks, Steve. Mucho thanks.

[Loud curses off-screen]

krazycolin
February 22nd, 2011, 18:54
Well, I'm going to say two things... first and foremost, freeware is free. It has, and always will have, just the right amount of loving, honest work put into it. It is what it is and no one, least of all a payware dev (like me) has any right to criticize it in anyway... not without riskling some serious ire. Payware is not free. In some ways, it MUST be better than freeware because if it's not... then the people who paid for it will almost certainly complain.

Second, and far more importantly: we have terminated the F-22 project at this time due to our modeler dying. Out of respect for him, his model has been mothballed for the time being. Until I am comfortable playing in a dead man's model... it will stay that way. Do not ask for the model as you will not get it.

Sorry for all those who wished us to do a Raptor...

fsafranek
February 22nd, 2011, 20:00
Well, I'm going to say two things... first and foremost, freeware is free. It has, and always will have, just the right amount of loving, honest work put into it. It is what it is and no one, least of all a payware dev (like me) has any right to criticize it in anyway... not without riskling some serious ire. Payware is not free. In some ways, it MUST be better than freeware because if it's not... then the people who paid for it will almost certainly complain.

Second, and far more importantly: we have terminated the F-22 project at this time due to our modeler dying. Out of respect for him, his model has been mothballed for the time being. Until I am comfortable playing in a dead man's model... it will stay that way. Do not ask for the model as you will not get it.

Sorry for all those who wished us to do a Raptor...
Colin,

Absolutely agree with you 100% on your first point. Especially regarding criticism of freeware. And regarding your second point. Very sorry to hear of the passing of one of your modelers. And certainly respect your decision.

Best,

Bone
February 23rd, 2011, 03:48
OK, before my words are given a spin to outside the envelope. I said "freeware is nice" meaning I like freeware, and I use freeware, I LIKE freeware, I appreciate freeware. When I said you will look at this like you did your bicycle after getting your first motorcycle, that does not mean I'm a bicycle hater, ergo freeware hater. I never got rid of or stopped riding a bicycle even though I had motorcycles. The intent of my words were that you cannot compare the two. One is much more powerfull, but the other is still good to have.

I believe it's time for me to take a cue from Elvis, and leave the building.

Bjoern
February 23rd, 2011, 05:54
I believe it's time for me to take a cue from Elvis, and leave the building.

No, it's not. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I don't like you anymore.

Anyways, look at it this way:

You are married, your wife is caring, low maintenance and overall adequate for a pleasant relationship. But there's other women out there. Hotter women. WAY hotter women. It's a fact and both of you know it.

Would you point it out to her?

krazycolin
February 23rd, 2011, 05:56
Not unless you are totally stupid and suicidal....

Bjoern
February 23rd, 2011, 07:44
The last question was actually of rhetorical nature, but thanks for the support. :d

Clarke123
February 23rd, 2011, 08:33
You are married, your wife is caring, low maintenance
Ha! So, you're not married then.

Bjoern
February 23rd, 2011, 10:31
Ha! So, you're not married then.

I'm only 24! I've just gained my freedom six years ago and still can't fully exploit it.
Why would I want to lock myself up in a marriage already? :P

Also, I honestly thing that there are some fairly low maintenance women out there.
I don't know what dragons you guys married 32408 years ago...:icon_lol:

kilo delta
February 23rd, 2011, 10:52

None of them start out as dragons....they kinda "grow" into that form after several years of marriage :kilroy: ...checks sheepishly over shoulder
:isadizzy::pop4::icon_lol::icon32:

CG_1976
February 23rd, 2011, 11:49
None of them start out as dragons....they kinda "grow" into that form after several years of marriage :kilroy: ...checks sheepishly over shoulder
:isadizzy::pop4::icon_lol::icon32:

Ah indeed and so very true as im learning after 7 years and still going.

Clarke123
February 23rd, 2011, 11:54
Also, I honestly think that there are some fairly low maintenance women out there.
Unless German women are a breed apart from every other woman on the planet you're fairly screwed on that score mate. Sorry, it's either a myth or they all died out with Jane Austen. :d

Bjoern
February 24th, 2011, 11:37
Unless German women are a breed apart from every other woman on the planet you're fairly screwed on that score mate.

All the relationships I've hat so far are stuck as "low maintenance" in my head. Maybe I've always picked the wrong kind of women...

Anyways, should what you say be true, I've got the perfect solution: Marry only with a well set up contract or simply leave it. You don't need rings to live together.

wombat666
February 24th, 2011, 22:16
Also, I honestly thing that there are some fairly low maintenance women out there.

The 'dragon' I married is 20 years my junior and a very well paid and highly respected Surgeon ....... she pays her own way and most of mine.
That aside, Sofie is highly decorative.
Just stay unmarried until you hit your mid forties or so and cherry pick the best of the bunch, anyway, the choice of 'willing' hot singles available is too tempting to get hooked up with one until you've had a few decades of fun.

Bjoern
February 25th, 2011, 06:49
Just stay unmarried until you hit your mid forties or so and cherry pick the best of the bunch, anyway, the choice of 'willing' hot singles available is too tempting to get hooked up with one until you've had a few decades of fun.

That's the plan. :d

I'll keep it right next to "Always keep your own appartment, even if you rarely use it!" in my "Most important relationship advice" category. :icon_lol:

brettt777
February 25th, 2011, 12:40
Too funny. It's amazing how stories or articles or anything else changes over a short time. I started this post about a week or so ago asking about F-22s, and now three pages later we're talking about women and marriage. I guess it's inevitable that if you give us time, a group of men will always end up talking about women sooner or later :mixedsmi: