PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM HMAS Melbourne issue

Hooky722
February 18th, 2011, 13:16
Hi all I recently downloaded the freeware cfs2 skyhawks pack with the Australian carrier HMAS Melbourne Included but every time i try and add it in mission builder it says 'error loading model' does anybody out there know of a fix for this by chance a similar thing happened with alphasims Cfs2 Hermes aswell but that at least showed up in the main game but not in the MB.

Regards

Hooky

Jagdflieger
February 18th, 2011, 20:54
Hooky,

Lots of code lines and titles need to match up for a ship to appear. I hope this is the problem as it is the easiest to fix.

I'm not sure if HMAS_Melbourne is the ship's exact name, but it will suffice as an example

1. Folder Name: HMAS_Melbourne

Model folder > model.cfg

[models]
normal=HMAS_Melbourne

3. DP file (or sim name): HMAS_Melbourne

4. Ship.cfg file:

[fltsim.0]
title=Your choice. This title shows up in the drop down menu in the MB
sim=HMAS_Melbourne
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=

The red lines must all match up or be the same. If not, the ship won't show.

I hope that the problem lies there.

If not, check your texture folder name within the HMAS_Melbourne folder. Make sure that it is just the default "texture"

If it has a specific name, such as "texture.cammo" then that specific name must be listed as such in the "ship.cfg" file.

E.G.:

[fltsim.0]
title=HMAS_Melbourne
sim=HMAS_Melbourne
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=Cammo

Hooky722
February 20th, 2011, 15:18
thanks for that bud as it happens it was due to the fact that the ship didnt have a sound or panel folder in it which i have now rectified and every things working fine now much appreciated advice though thanks very much

Regards Hooky:salute:

fsafranek
October 8th, 2013, 13:15
Hi all I recently downloaded the freeware cfs2 skyhawks pack with the Australian carrier HMAS Melbourne Included but every time i try and add it in mission builder it says 'error loading model' does anybody out there know of a fix for this by chance a similar thing happened with alphasims Cfs2 Hermes aswell but that at least showed up in the main game but not in the MB.

Regards

Hooky
Hi. Is there a link where the "freeware cfs2 skyhawks pack with the Australian carrier HMAS Melbourne" is available?
:ernae:

Jagdflieger
October 9th, 2013, 17:22
I took a look around the RAZBAM web site, but I didn't see the freeware link. Looks like they dropped the service, although someone with more internet skill may be able to find a link for it. At one time they had all of their CFS 2 products downloadable as freeware.

RAZBAM:

http://www.razbamsims.com/index.html

fsafranek
October 11th, 2013, 07:12
Thanks Jagdflieger. I'll do some more digging.
:ernae: