PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a SCASM expert!

OBIO
February 16th, 2011, 14:26
I have returned to work on a project I started over a year ago. Updating, tweaking, improving another freeware aircraft....won't say which one at this time. I have the MDL files tweaked for reflective texturing...still need to do some adjusting to the specular shine as it is a bit too high. One thing I would love to have done to these models is to have the key assignments for the drop tanks and bombs reassigned to something other than the Light command. Would be nice to be able to have the drop tanks in place without having to have all the freaking lights on, or to have the lights on without having to have the drop tanks on display.

I don't know if this reassignment can be done via SCASM editing or not, but I am sure there is someone out there who knows SCASM well enough who can say if it can or can't. If it can be done, I would like to recruit a SCASM wizard to tweak the key commands so that the drop tanks/bombs can be displayed via the tail hook command or water rudder command or something along those lines.

I will give you all a hint on the plane that I am working on....it's a pretty large aircraft, with a big radial engine. The particular models that I am working on, in my opinion, are the best freeware examples of its type...or they will be once I am done working on them. The plane that I am working on right now sure looks a lot better with the textures enlarged to 1024 by 1024 and with nice reflective bare metal instead of the dull gray simulated metal.

Still have a LONG way to go before this project is done. Just getting the basic panel lines in place on the first of two paint kits for this project....still have all the riveting to do on the three texture sheets that I have done...still have about 6 texture sheets to revamp and enhance just to finish the initial paint kit development....and that's just on the first model...haven't started on the paint kit for the second model yet...but hoping that a lot of the files can be used on both versions.

OBIO

Willy
February 16th, 2011, 14:33
Probably one of the CFS 2 guys would be your best bet. CFS 1 as well?