PDA

View Full Version : Ship Spawns (Slight Return)

Wyld45
February 15th, 2011, 23:47
Some "Rocker" out there will get that one,(lol) anyway, been away awhile and got busy,
distracted and just plain wore out over the holidays. Decided to see if we could address this
one just a little more. Got a few replys but nothing that seems to find the cause.

In campaign mode most of you have probably noticed when you've played it,if you chose
anti-ship missions,even before you have reached your "Goal" ships,alot of times you will see
alot of non-goal ship spawns,both allied and enemy. Now all I ever see is ONLY the goal ships
and see no other spawns of Allies or enemy.

Last time I had said that I had done nothing to the spawn files or messed with anything
which is true. However,I did install NEK on this computer sometime back and wonder if this
maybe changed the way ships spawn? I get lots of air-spawns during the anti-ship missions though.

Anyway,great to be back and hope you've let Owen crash lotsa planes!

Led Zeppelin
February 16th, 2011, 03:37
Random spawns that populated CFS3 world in campaign mode are generated by:
air.spawns
ground.spawns

Be sure you have setup your spawn configuration properly when you are flying in campaign mode.

Animal
February 16th, 2011, 10:52
During campaign mode, ever notice the "Goal" ships don't return fire on the attackers at certain times and other times they do? What would fix this to make them fire every time?

Wyld45
February 16th, 2011, 20:51
During campaign mode, ever notice the "Goal" ships don't return fire on the attackers at certain times and other times they do? What would fix this to make them fire every time?

Yes, I have noticed this also. Not sure but wondered if it was either "weather"
related,or random event related. Pretty sure they are always spawned with plenty of
ammo for all guns.

Led Zeppelin
February 16th, 2011, 21:46
not 100% sure but I think that if generated spawns don't move, they don't return fire.

Daiwilletti
February 18th, 2011, 13:34
I've seen the answer to the ships not returning fire somewhere..... I think that buried in the Mission Scripting SDK is a brief mention that if something (I forget what) is missing in the spawn or mission file, the ships will spawn stationary (and presumably not return fire too).

Sometimes the campaign file must get corrputed, for the ships to become inert.

Ah, here it is, in the SDK: "If GroundType is not specified for ships, they will appear at the first waypoint and will not move" (top of page 10 in the SDK, under the Ground Formation section of the first part of the SDK, which explains Mission File hierarchy). Its just prior to the Spawn Table File part of the SDK.

HTH,
D

Led Zeppelin
February 18th, 2011, 23:05
normally, spawns I've build for ETO campaigns should work properly, there is only one issue in a ship spawn script for W40 campaign.

Wyld45
February 18th, 2011, 23:45
Its probably TOO easy,but still waiting for somebody to come up with
where I took the title,"Slight Return"? Quite a few should know that one! :jump:

loverboy1
February 19th, 2011, 09:45
the third and final album by the Jimi Hendrix

LB/JOSHUA

HouseHobbit
February 19th, 2011, 10:40
Hey Bill,
I HATE SPAWNS!!!
I gress this says it all..:icon_lol:

I have had success and failure with them.. I know the SDK tools from MS can help on this issue..
Good luck..
Off to Wreck some birds..:gameoff:

Wyld45
February 19th, 2011, 12:24
the third and final album by the Jimi Hendrix

LB/JOSHUA

Nice job,you got it!