PDA

View Full Version : Virtavia / AlphaSim C-17

captdoug
February 15th, 2011, 21:05
Has there been anymore news of the status of the VC for the Alphasim / Virtavia C-17 ?

I remember the last info from AlphaSim as they closed was Virtavia was going to complete the cockpit for this excellent addon.

Does anyone have an update on the VC, it appears to have died peacefully in its sleep.

It's a shame because personally I held off from buying the C-17 waiting for finished VC.

Thanks,

Captdoug

Kiwikat
February 15th, 2011, 21:25
I uh, wouldn't hold your breath... :salute:

fsafranek
February 15th, 2011, 22:07
Take a breathe. Take a deep cleansing breathe and relax.

The new VC is being worked on exclusively right now. Virtavia wants this one done and out of here. Some awesome titles also in the works but being sidelined so we can get this one finished once and for all. But not so much that it is being rushed (I know I know) and anyone feels slighted. The preview shots of the new VC I saw this past week are looking really fine. It's not my place to post them here so I can't.
:ernae:

Odie
February 16th, 2011, 05:49
Good news indeed! I've been holding off buying the exterior until the entire bird is finished and getting it all at the same time. Thanks much for the update!

captdoug
February 16th, 2011, 06:36
Thats great news... hopefully sooner rather than later we will have it available.

I'll take the risk of saying sales of the C-17 should be signifigant when it has a VC.

There are probably people like myself that held off buying the plane without a VC and now would do so (although it was not inexpense).

If anybody gets permission to post development pics please share...

Thanks.

Captdoug

Merlin216
February 16th, 2011, 08:29
Take a breathe. Take a deep cleansing breathe and relax.

The new VC is being worked on exclusively right now. Virtavia wants this one done and out of here. Some awesome titles also in the works but being sidelined so we can get this one finished once and for all. But not so much that it is being rushed (I know I know) and anyone feels slighted. The preview shots of the new VC I saw this past week are looking really fine. It's not my place to post them here so I can't.

Thank you for providing some comfort lol. Ive been dieing ever since release date for even a picture of the VC, and was very let down by Alphasim after all of this. Its good to actually hear something though, and I very much look forward to the VC.

centuryseries
February 16th, 2011, 10:13
I agree with Frank, it certainly looks good. :jump:

mal998
February 17th, 2011, 04:36
I agree, it looks really good.

strykerpsg
February 17th, 2011, 18:33
I agree, it looks really good.

Did I miss a hyperlink somewhere? Where are you guys previewing the cockpit details? I have been awaiting this release from day one and was actually the skewed release plan that moved me away from Alphasim. If they had done something along the order of how Captainsim did with their B-52, I would have bought it without pause.

Matt

fsafranek
February 17th, 2011, 23:07
Did I miss a hyperlink somewhere? Where are you guys previewing the cockpit details? I have been awaiting this release from day one and was actually the skewed release plan that moved me away from Alphasim. If they had done something along the order of how Captainsim did with their B-52, I would have bought it without pause.

Matt
You didn't miss any link. Please read my post above again if necessary. Centuryseries and Mal998 either work with Alphasim/Virtavia or are on the beta team. That's how we've seen it. When we can show you something we will.

strykerpsg
February 18th, 2011, 07:03
You didn't miss any link. Please read my post above again if necessary. Centuryseries and Mal998 either work with Alphasim/Virtavia or are on the beta team. That's how we've seen it. When we can show you something we will.

Always the tease Frank, always the tease. Good thing I'm not loosing single dollar bills in your thing while we wait....would be broke. :173go1:

Will be standing by until a release then.

Matt

doublecool
February 18th, 2011, 12:50
Looking forward to this :salute:

strykerpsg
April 22nd, 2011, 21:23
Two months later, any updates..........I really want this one, badly!

Matt

fsafranek
April 23rd, 2011, 00:44
Two months later, any updates..........I really want this one, badly!

Matt
So do we. :salute: For many reasons.

jim
April 23rd, 2011, 03:40
Is it going to be a freebe or do we have to pay for it?

fsafranek
April 23rd, 2011, 09:12
Is it going to be a freebe or do we have to pay for it?
Really?

If you already made an investment in it it will be free to you. Don't know about pricing beyond that. Kind of early, still waiting for the nod to post some screenies, to be worrying about that.

strykerpsg
April 23rd, 2011, 09:43
Thanks for the updates Frank. I know you want to share as much as we want to see what you can share. Again, not prodding too much, but followed this project with heated passion while there was still a forum. Now, reluctantly, can't even buy the half finished product. It's a shame the other forum shut down too because many had injected some great improvements into the existing shell at the time. Anyway, will be standing by.

Matt

Ian Warren
April 24th, 2011, 04:59
Guess a little more work required but inbound :salute:she is close

The C-17 is getting close to completion now, the overhead, ctr console,
> HUDs and AP/radios block are all completed and working in FS9. There’s
> just the remaining gauges on the main panel to finish, the xml for them is
> done so all that’s needed are the 3D surrounds and knobs. A few small
> additions to the rear of the cockpit (fuse panels) and full conversion to
> FSX and that will be that. I can’t promise a date as extensive testing
> will be needed to be sure it’s OK for the public, but there’s a good
> chance that late April/early May will see it released.
>
Square thing to say it takes time for a good wine

they are going to say .... quit wining ... nah really think the boys are close
to getting this one finned :sleep:
</pre><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Kiwikat
April 24th, 2011, 07:28

I do believe we have heard that one before... :kilroy:

strykerpsg
April 24th, 2011, 10:34

The C-17 is getting close to completion now, the overhead, ctr console,
> HUDs and AP/radios block are all completed and working in FS9. There’s
> just the remaining gauges on the main panel to finish, the xml for them is
> done so all that’s needed are the 3D surrounds and knobs. A few small
> additions to the rear of the cockpit (fuse panels) and full conversion to
> FSX and that will be that. I can’t promise a date as extensive testing
> will be needed to be sure it’s OK for the public, but there’s a good
> chance that late April/early May will see it released.
>
Square thing to say it takes time for a good wine

they are going to say .... quit wining ... nah really think the boys are close
to getting this one finned :sleep:

</PRE><INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
Ian, thanks for the update. I know there are many that will be elated to see this completed, myself included. Also, I understand the reluctance to post or publish anything given the Phoenix type history of the project. If entirely possible, can any pics be published of where it stands currently to hold down the nay sayers? Afterall, the last pics shown were more than two years ago and looked quite spectatcular then.

Matt

Merlin216
May 11th, 2011, 09:17
Are there any updates for the public on the VC as far as progress, or even a picture? How is the testing going?

centuryseries
May 11th, 2011, 11:27
All I can say is testing is in progress, VC looks really great, as soon as the boss is happy to release screenshots they will be posted.

It sure looks and feels good.

I wish I could share some screenshots, but it's not too much longer now :jump:

Merlin216
May 11th, 2011, 16:52
All I can say is testing is in progress, VC looks really great, as soon as the boss is happy to release screenshots they will be posted.

It sure looks and feels good.

I wish I could share some screenshots, but it's not too much longer now :jump:

Good to hear. I hope those pictures make it out soon. Thank you for the update. Will any official news be on the Virtavia site?

fsafranek
May 11th, 2011, 23:38
Will any official news be on the Virtavia site?
Absolutely.

fsafranek
June 5th, 2011, 08:08
There was a video released recently that includes some VC shots.
It looks much better in the game. Coming out for both FSX and FS9.
And did I mention cupholders? :applause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH5GOhBLcUo

Ian Warren
June 5th, 2011, 14:32
Thanks for the posting Frank , she looking near ready for rollout :salute:

Wing_Z
June 5th, 2011, 22:12
Long time coming... I have never lost the faith, looks pretty good.
Do FSX aeroplanes not have shadows???
Beautiful skies, great aircraft textures, no shadows...oww

centuryseries
June 6th, 2011, 10:18
Long time coming... I have never lost the faith, looks pretty good.
Do FSX aeroplanes not have shadows???
Beautiful skies, great aircraft textures, no shadows...oww

Of course it has shadows! :icon_lol:

Video was probably made in FS9 - I've seen the FSX native version and can confirm 100% that it has self shadowing and all the other FSX bells and whistles.

fsafranek
June 6th, 2011, 16:07
Yea, it's fully shadowed (is that the correct term?) in FSX. Since that video was made before we really started testing the FSX version this past couple weeks I'd have to agree with CenturySeries that it is probably the FS9 version.

There comes a point in all projects where you have to release because the time spent with further testing no longer reveals sufficient bugs or issues to justify holding it back. We have reached that point.

:jump: :applause: :salute: :ernae:

Merlin216
June 6th, 2011, 17:15
Awesome!! Any estimate to the release on the website, or will I have to just spam the refresh button until I see the update news?

EDIT: Answer found! Looks like the website is being update. It has been a long year and a half, and cannot wait to fly with a real C-17 VC

scott967b
June 6th, 2011, 19:07
There comes a point in all projects where you have to release because the time spent with further testing no longer reveals sufficient bugs or issues to justify holding it back. We have reached that point.

We used to say it as "there comes a point in all projects where you have to shoot the engineers and ship the product"

scott s.