PDA

View Full Version : sign from heaven

blazefox2
February 15th, 2011, 17:59
Sooooo........ yeah.....

apparantly i had a few viruses on my hard-drive and last night it decided to have a stroke. so i formatted the drive and whiped it clean and installed the brand new and shiny windows 7 professional that i had sitting on my desk for a few months now.:redf:

so after spending the past 14 hours trying to get my computer life back on track, i am now in the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooong process of downloading all the planes that i had before :mad:

and i cant download my precious a2a piper cub cuz the download links expired last april :crybaby:

uggh this is gonna be a long night...

on the bright side: im not running vista anymore :P

blazefox2
February 15th, 2011, 18:19
another edit:

i cant remember where i purchased teh lotus l-39, i have the forum registration on one of my emails but i cant remember where i purhcased it from :(

blazefox2
February 15th, 2011, 18:41
word of advice people:

GET A GOOD ANTIVIRUS!!!!

starting to get my sanity back, downloading all of my iris purchases, still nojoy with lotus or a2a tho :crybaby:

MenendezDiego
February 15th, 2011, 19:14
I always hate having to re-download aircraft.

Because of this, I have made a downloads folder and backed it up on multiple drives.

You should probably do the same ;)

Diego

CodyValkyrie
February 15th, 2011, 19:26
Send an e-mail to support at A2A. They will hook you up with new links within a day or so.

Funny this was mentioned. I keep my files seperated with multiple drives, so if any one thing goes down, I am usually not far behind in backups. I just picked small 320GB USB external drive for backing up Flight Simulator stuff, as well as pictures, etc.

glennc
February 15th, 2011, 19:34
Blazefox2,

I feel your pain, but for a slightly different reason - I just replaced a three and a half year old machine that struggled with FSX at times. I did have to go to a few of the developers or distributors for a few of the add-ons. Most of those were because I had the download files but had purged e-mails over two years old. In all cases, the responses were very positive and quick. The longest one took two days, over the weekend.

Now, I have a new Dell Sandy Bridge machine - yes, complete with the chipset problem. To me for the people that have one, the whole thing is mostly a non-issue. I had added a second HD. It's disconnected now, replaced with an external eSATA drive. Potential problem solved. I am very happy with it. For the people that ordered them only to have the order cancelled and recalled after shipment, that is a real issue.

Glenn

mfitch
February 15th, 2011, 19:58
My laptop was disabled by a patch Tuesday about a month ago. I was able to find a utility that reads Microsoft product codes. Unfortunately the code for Windows 7 was a special manufacturer code that won't activate. The code on the sticker on the laptop was not readable due to long use (faded). We ended up having to buy a new license. I will remember to write down license codes on laptops in the future.

OleBoy
February 15th, 2011, 21:28
I learned a long time ago about registrations and codes. I have a hard cover notebook where I put the codes and write what they are for. I write the codes on CD case labels and stick them to the pages. I also make another sticky label and stick it to the inside of the case of the disk. Then I have back-up disks and back up drives for literally everything that has to do with digital media and programs. I can always find the registration somewhere!

flyer01
February 16th, 2011, 00:56
A SanDisk is a good way to save your registrations and codes. You can unplug them and put them is a safe place. Like your wall/floor safe.LOL

flyer01:salute: