PDA

View Full Version : FS-2002 Sabre

DauntlessDriver546
December 1st, 2008, 17:17
Hey guys!

The Section 8 F-86 was recently converted for use with CFS-2. I happily DLed it, and I also made a copy for FS-2002... it works fine EXCEPT that the stupid starter cart won't go away! It hangs on the side of the plane as I fly it...

I read the manual, and it said there was a switch for external power and I needed to turn it off in order to get the cart to go away... for some reason the switch is not toggleable in FS-2002...

So, until someone can free the cart from the plane, my Sabre is grounded... any ideas on how to fix this?

rdaniell
December 1st, 2008, 18:01
I don't have a clue:banghead: as how to fix your ground cart problem but...

Where did you download the CFS2 Version from???:isadizzy:

Randy

OBIO
December 1st, 2008, 18:09
The CFS2 conversion is in the CFS2 download library here at SOH/Combatfs. The conversion was done by Bearcat(numbers here...can't remember what they are). The conversion was fully authorized. I have not tried it yet, but will do so shortly....although I have heard that it is NICE and that the plane flies very well in CFS2....although not suited for mission work as the plane is heavy on frame rates with all that amazing detail that was put into the plane.

OBIO

bearcat241
December 1st, 2008, 20:02
DD, DD, DD.....**sighs**.....the original plane was made for FS9 only. The conversion works in CFS2 only. You can't reconvert this plane into FS2002. It was designed with a lot of XML code in the model for FS2004 which is deactivated in the CFS2 conversion but reactivates partially whenever you try to convert to FS2002. By the time you finish all this re-engineering the code gets all screwed up. So just let it pass for FS2002...no one can help you with this but the original designers with the original source code.

Rdaniell, if you haven't located it yet, you can get the CFS2 convert here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13087

Panther_99FS
December 1st, 2008, 20:37
Amazing community we have here....Folks playing' away with FS2002/FS98/CFS-1 :ernae:

rdaniell
December 2nd, 2008, 03:19
Thank you OBIO and Bearcat241...:applause:

Randy

bearcat241
December 2nd, 2008, 05:57
Randy, here's something else you might find useful if you install the convert to CFS2. Its the CFS2 forum thread regarding the convert and it contains a few post-installation details and fixes you might need:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=4207

rdaniell
December 3rd, 2008, 05:46
Randy, here's something else you might find useful if you install the convert to CFS2. Its the CFS2 forum thread regarding the convert and it contains a few post-installation details and fixes you might need:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=4207

Thanks again....I did have a minor problem with the aircraft not showing up. After some detective work, I isolated the problem. [In the config file the texture entry had a named texture file whereas the actual texture file has no name.]

I'm off now to look at the above thread. [I see you included this in one of your posts....] Could of saved myself some grief...

Randy

bearcat241
December 3rd, 2008, 05:56
LOL...sorry about that ...and that problem was addressed in the above thread too!

rdaniell
December 3rd, 2008, 06:04
LOL...sorry about that ...and that problem was addressed in the above thread too!

deleted....sending a p.m. with request...

Randy