PDA

View Full Version : had this happen before

hurricane3
February 14th, 2011, 07:36
I just downloaded the Alpha XIAN H-6H@M from SOH and can't get it to show in the sim. I have AC man so I know I don't have too many planes, I put the contents of the Aircraft folder to Aircraft, the contents of the Senery DB to weapons/ scenery folder and the contents of the Scene DB to weapons/scenery/texture folders . The download includes 4 planes two AI and two flyable.
The planes show in the Windows root tree but not in the sim.
I've had this happen before but can't remember the solution. Is it the sound files? thanks

Jean Bomber
February 14th, 2011, 07:40
Hi Hurrican

How is aliased the sound file ?

JP

hurricane3
February 14th, 2011, 07:46
When I open the sound files ,for the AI planes all it has is Sound AI ,and for the two flyable just says sound CFG.

hurricane3
February 14th, 2011, 07:57
I just tried replaceing the sound files of all 4 planes with the one from the Korean Combat Pilot mig 15, which is a complete file with all the wave files ,but it didn't work. Still won't show up.

Fibber
February 14th, 2011, 08:44
Hurri;
did you erase the CDP? Also make sure that the Sound file is compatable with CFS2

hurricane3
February 14th, 2011, 08:53
What and where is the CDP? Also Korean Combat Pilot is an old addon for CFS2 so I would think it's compatable. I just took the planes out and am going to try the Alpha Tupolev Tu-16 Badger ,but first I better what and see where the CDP is.

hurricane3
February 14th, 2011, 09:03
I just took a look at the Tu-16 and am not even going to try it.You have to rename a bunch of files and stuff that I don't want to get into. I still have the XIAN in my documents so I might try it again after I find what the CDP is.

Captain Kurt
February 14th, 2011, 09:34
CDP is a quick load copy of the dp file that CFS2 generates when the plane is flown. You can delete it. The next time the plane is flown a new CDP will be generated.

If the CDP is in the folder, CFS2 will use that instead of the dp file. So if you change a dp file for an updated one, the CDP has to be deleted before the new dp file will be recognized.

bearcat241
February 14th, 2011, 09:57
Its not related to sound aliasing. Its in the way the panels are aliased. The H_player and H_AI are both aliased to the A model, so you have to have the A model installed and present in your AIRCRAFT folder along with both H models. Furthermore, the H_AI is intentionally given a panel.txt file in its panel folder instead the the usual panel.cfg file. If a model doesn't have valid panel.cfg or sound.cfg (aliased or not), it won't load in the selections list for player usage. By design, using a panel.txt file prohibits the AI model from showing in the selection window, though it will load in missions. That's because you don't want the AI model showing in selections, since its not the model you want to fly as player.

Fibber
February 14th, 2011, 09:58
When the plane is listed in the game tree open the file. In it you will see the Model, Sound,Texture,Panel, DP, AIR,etc folders. You will/may also see a file that says CDP. Delete that. It is not hidden within anything but plain view in the main folder.

hurricane3
February 14th, 2011, 10:24
I reloaded the XIAN ,there are only DP files in all four planes and all four show up in the tree ,but still don't show in the game. I down loaded the Alpha Bounder and it shows up fine in the game ,but I wanted somthing for my F-106 to shoot at but of course the Bounder isn't one of the selections in the bomber list for qc.
I'll wait a bit longer in case anyone has any other suggestions for the XIAN , and if I still can't get them to show I'll take them out again ,I'll leave the Bounder cause it's a nice plane with a good VC and 2d panel. Thanks to all

Fibber
February 14th, 2011, 11:21
Look at Bearcats post re; the PANEL file being "aliased". I have only seen that a few times and each time it took awhile to find as it is no usually done (to my limited knowledge). Adjust that and it will probably be a "show"

hurricane3
February 14th, 2011, 11:37
How do I adjust the panel file? I checked the panel files for the AI planes and they both say alis=PRC_H-6A Badger\panel.

hurricane3
February 14th, 2011, 14:09
I'am going to give up on this one,since I don't know how to adjust the panel files for the AI aircraft,if someone can tell me how to do this I would like to know for future reference, Thanks to all who tried to help, gues I'l just try shooting at migs with the F-106

Fibber
February 14th, 2011, 15:09
As Bearcat said, "Furthermore, the H_AI is intentionally given a panel.txt file in its panel folder instead the the usual panel.cfg file. If a model doesn't have valid panel.cfg or sound.cfg (aliased or not), it won't load in the selections list for player usage. By design, using a panel.txt file prohibits the AI model from showing in the selection window, though it will load in missions. That's because you don't want the AI model showing in selections, since its not the model you want to fly as player. "
In short, the AIs shouldn't have a panel as it will cause problems with them showing as uaseable when they aren't. For your main plane find the plane "aliased" to and copy the panel to yours or find a panel for it and put it in your main plane. I believe that you can put a copied "saver" file in there for the AIs from some other plane but not sure. The best way is to look at another AI only plane and see how they addressed the problem.

hurricane3
February 14th, 2011, 15:28
Thanks to all who tried to help but I really don't know what else I could do, I tried switching panel files and deleteing the text file , but since both AI planes had text panel files I'am beginning to wonder if maybe the problem didn't lay somewrere else. I't was getting a little too much spending the whole day trying to get the planes to show.(good thing I'am retired) . So I'am gonna forget the whole thing, since I really wasn't sure what you ment. Basically it looked like everything was there that should have been.The AI planes had text panel files and the flyables had usual panel config files ,so maybe it's something else.
Thanks again, you all gave it a good shot but maybe I'am just too dumb to figure this one out.
I deleted them so like I said I can try and shoot Migs with the 106.

Fibber
February 14th, 2011, 17:30
Just a quick question here. Did you download and install the alpha xian H-6A which is here near the bottom of the page. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=55
Install that and then do your H,M versions or download and copy/paste the panel/ sound files to your folder of the plane you want. I looked at the one you are trying, and they all point to this d/l model. In the file look for the "A" version. That is what you want. You appear to have only a piece of the triology

hurricane3
February 15th, 2011, 08:09
I only downloaded the H @ M version the v2 complete I believe, I don't see an A version near the page bottom just one that says H 6. One thing I'am not sure was understood is that I never expected to see the AI planes in the list of planes in game, just the H @ M versions , although I had hoped the AI versions would appear in the list of AI bombers that you get when your going to fly the bomber intercept mission.
Also I tried to download the TU 16 and the AI TU16 but since I didn't understand the renameing process of the weapons ,and it also looked like a lot of extra work when I downloaded them all 4 flyable versions showed up in the sim ,but had a bunch of error messages and the AI versions didn't show in the bomber intercept mission list either.
So after working on this from morning to night I gave up and deleted the planes plus some of the texture files that were for these planes. The other files I wasn't sure belonged to what, so left them alone rather than messing up my install.
Also noticed as I was reinstalling for about the fourth time ,there is another Scene DB file within the main Scene DB file ,so I even tried putting the scenery and texture file in that file but of course that didn't work either. So thanks again for all the help but I'am not spending another whole day trying to get these planes to show.
But stay tuned because I have another question for my next topic on air to air combat,but thats another thread. Thanks again!

Fibber
February 15th, 2011, 09:35
The H6 at the bottom of the page contains the "A" model. Download and open the H6 file and open it, believe me it is there! That is the file that you need. The up to the H and M are based on the assumption (apparently) that you will have this plane in the flight line. So if you really want this I suggest that you make a folder in your "tree" and label it "Xian H6 Then inside that make sub-folders labeled #1, #2, #3, etc. Then starting with the "H6", d/l it and put it in #1. Then go to the second relevant file and put that in #2, etc till you get to the H&M. Then open #1 and install it, then #2, so on and so forth. Then do your H&M and it will work!
There are a total of five (5) d/l's for this plane

hurricane3
February 15th, 2011, 10:21
Thanks Fibber when I get back in the mood after yesterdays mess I will try what you said.

peperez
February 15th, 2011, 12:26
I just downloaded the Alpha XIAN H-6H@M from SOH and can't get it to show in the sim. I have AC man so I know I don't have too many planes, I put the contents of the Aircraft folder to Aircraft, the contents of the Senery DB to weapons/ scenery folder and the contents of the Scene DB to weapons/scenery/texture folders . The download includes 4 planes two AI and two flyable.
The planes show in the Windows root tree but not in the sim.
I've had this happen before but can't remember the solution. Is it the sound files? thanks

The answer is simple. YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE FIRST XIAN H-6 PACKAGE (ALPHA_XIAN_H-6) AVAIABLE HERE:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=55

All planes are alliased to Xian H-6A. The AI are only avaiable for missions. All these instructions are in the ReadMe file.

Cheers

Pepe

hurricane3
February 15th, 2011, 14:42
Ok I made some progress BUT, although the planes now show in the sim , there are two problems , one is that the AI planes don't show in the AI bombers list or if in dogfight mode they don't show in the planes you can fight , second I get two error messages for the H-6 c model ,they both say "cant find model wep_fab-500 and the other says the same for fab-250 in weapons libary".
Also there is an M model in both downloads so it says there is already and m model do you still want to install it?I said yes which may be a mistake.I was going to rename it to H6m-2 but didn't. The main thing is how do I get the AI planes to show in the lists for planes you can fight? I know they won.t show in the plane list of planes you can fly but I had hoped they would show in the list of AI bombers , which is the main reason I went through all this in the first place ,so I would have a target for my F-106.
I could just delet the c model ,,but what about the AI planes?

Fibber
February 15th, 2011, 16:03
Just reading the Read-me and it appears that the AI's are for some missions. I don't have those planes loaded but Peperez is the designer a suggestion would be to contact him for guidance or wait to he reposts here on this. Be calm and patient it will get sorted. Quick question though, you do understand that the plane is a BOMBER not a fighter and therefore would not appear in "Dogfight" as that is fighter vs fighter. Set your game for fighter vs. Bomber and it will/should show

hurricane3
February 15th, 2011, 16:12
I know they are bombers but was trying anything to get them to show. I already tried the AI bomber list and they don't show. I'll give it a while and see if anyone has any ideas , but if I can't get them to show in the AI list I may as well take em out.

hurricane3
February 16th, 2011, 07:35
Was just wondering if it would hurt to delete the C model xian that gives the "can't find weapons" error message ,and the H6M that there were two off, (one in each download)? I had renamed the M model M2 and it showed in the CFS2 tree but not in the sim ,so I'am thinking they are both the same plane.
By the way while flying last night I thought sure I saw another XIAN flying off my left wing then peel off. Maybe that was one of the AI planes or I'am finally loosing it altogether.
I searched all the sites that had missions and could find none for the XIAN's. Doesn't really matter as I can fly them in KOREAN COMBAT PILOT against other KCP planes.

peperez
February 16th, 2011, 08:30
...and the H6M that there were two off, (one in each download)? I had renamed the M model M2 and it showed in the CFS2 tree but not in the sim ,so I'am thinking they are both the same plane.

That's why I uploaded TWO H AND M FILES, one, the upgrade version, for those, like you, that already have the original package. The right one is WITHOUT the turrets. Pick this one, select all and press Ctrl + C. Open the older H and M package and press Ctrl + V. Say YES when Windows asks you if it can overwrite the files. To make AI planes to appear in the Quick Com you need JSQED, a fantastic program. You also need to edit the mdlnames.txt to add them.

I searched all the sites that had missions and could find none for the XIAN's. Doesn't really matter as I can fly them in KOREAN COMBAT PILOT against other KCP planes.

The Xians are Cold War planes. You must fly them against Phantons, Crusaders, F-16, F-14, F-18 and F-15. In the read me it's a complete history of them...

Cheers

Pepe

peperez
February 16th, 2011, 08:36
Was just wondering if it would hurt to delete the C model xian that gives the "can't find weapons" error message ,and the H6M that there were two off, (one in each download)?

Did you install the OBJECTS_DP and SCENEDB that comes with the older package? Just unzip it again and move all folders to CFS2 root directory.

Pepe

hurricane3
February 16th, 2011, 10:52
where do I find the program you mentioned ,JSQED? And how hard is it to use?

Fibber
February 16th, 2011, 12:56
Hurri;
Here is the JSQ file and some others you may eventually need. In addition I suggest that you go to the CFS2 ADD-ONs section UTILITIES and download AIMIT.

hurricane3
February 16th, 2011, 13:42
Thanks for the list of utilites but I havent a clue about how to use the JSQED . I unzipped 4 files to CFS2 and don't know where they are or what to do with them if I did.Also don't know how or what to rename the midnames .txt , or where their at?I just deleted the C model that gave the error message and also the M model that I renamed. I still of course have the M model just not the rename in the CFS2 tree.
You gotta remember your not dealing with someone as knowledgeable as yourself. I'am sorry for all these posts ,hopefully if I still can't get what your talking about ,like in your post before last ,I'll just live with whatever I have. I gotta keep things simple for my tiny little brain.Thankyou so much for your taking the time to help. Would have liked to know what caused the modules error although it might have been because I was trying to get winter terrrian to fly over and was useing diferent planes in my winter part of my Dambusters addon. After the crashes at first it seemed to get better hopefully I can get through a whole QC mission cause after the first crashes I flew for about a half hour with no problems. Just have to restart a few times before things seem to straightn out.Kinda ruins the immersion , but I can live with it.
Hopefully I won't be bothering you too much anymore until I really start flying combat which is a whole other thread.

peperez
February 17th, 2011, 05:38
Thanks for the list of utilites but I havent a clue about how to use the JSQED . I unzipped 4 files to CFS2 and don't know where they are or what to do with them if I did.Also don't know how or what to rename the midnames .txt , or where their at?I just deleted the C model that gave the error message and also the M model that I renamed. I still of course have the M model just not the rename in the CFS2 tree.
You gotta remember your not dealing with someone as knowledgeable as yourself. I'am sorry for all these posts ,hopefully if I still can't get what your talking about ,like in your post before last ,I'll just live with whatever I have. I gotta keep things simple for my tiny little brain.Thankyou so much for your taking the time to help. Would have liked to know what caused the modules error although it might have been because I was trying to get winter terrrian to fly over and was useing diferent planes in my winter part of my Dambusters addon. After the crashes at first it seemed to get better hopefully I can get through a whole QC mission cause after the first crashes I flew for about a half hour with no problems. Just have to restart a few times before things seem to straightn out.Kinda ruins the immersion , but I can live with it.
Hopefully I won't be bothering you too much anymore until I really start flying combat which is a whole other thread.

Just keep them together and create a shortcut to JSQCEd.exe. Before mix up, create a backup of your Quickcom folder.

Good luck

Pepe