PDA

View Full Version : FSX SP2/A T-33-A Rev A. Uploaded

Radioman123
February 13th, 2011, 14:22
The T-33A has been re-uploaded to SOH American Aircraft. Additions include:
1. revised VC canopy
2. addition of a EW-133 aircraft
3. full specular mapping support (shine control and dynamic shine.

Regards

Radioman123

Rami
February 13th, 2011, 14:58
Radioman123,

When I approve this, should I delete the older version from the library?

Radioman123
February 13th, 2011, 15:45
Yes, please replace the older version in its entirety. This new version has all of the old version skins and some new ones, (working with HenryW, thanks Henry) a new aircraft EW-133 Silver Star, and the specular highlighting that I could not get into the earlier version.

Regards

Radioman123

wilycoyote4
February 13th, 2011, 16:01
Thanks so much, me fingers are dancing on the keyboard.

Rami
February 13th, 2011, 16:38
Yes, please replace the older version in its entirety. This new version has all of the old version skins and some new ones, (working with HenryW, thanks Henry) a new aircraft EW-133 Silver Star, and the specular highlighting that I could not get into the earlier version.

Regards

Radioman123

Thank you! I will approve this immediately! :salute:

peter12213
February 13th, 2011, 18:46
Any chance of the J29 Tunnan gettting the same treatment mates?? :salute:

papab
February 14th, 2011, 02:42
The T-33A has been re-uploaded to SOH American Aircraft. Additions include:
1. revised VC canopy
2. addition of a EW-133 aircraft
3. full specular mapping support (shine control and dynamic shine.

Regards

Radioman123

Thank you !!

Just downloaded, flys great!!

Rick

Ferry_vO
February 14th, 2011, 03:56
Any chance of the J29 Tunnan gettting the same treatment mates?? :salute:

Piglet already did upgraded models for his Tunnan:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=11660

delta_lima
February 14th, 2011, 07:46
Radioman/Henry et al,

Looks fabulous. Just a small question: In the other thread, there was a couple of other repaints (Pakistan, Blue Angels, and this old 50's era RCAF (see below) that didn't make the pack. Will they come later? The screens in the other thread were just magnificent.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Wyrneh/Jetfighters/t33b.jpg

Again, not complaining - just wondering if we'll see those later.

super job - much appreciated!

dl

wilycoyote4
February 14th, 2011, 13:04
great to see the EW133 with chaff pod and ECM pod, low viz grey
anyone willing to try a paint? this one is from ELMENDORF AFB Alaska.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/lofiversion/index.php?t189428.html
a source of measurements and model details for the AN/ALE-2 chaff dispenser pod, paints, etc.

HenryW
February 14th, 2011, 13:46
Wow!
Its a totally new aircraft. I'll upload some textures soon:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Wyrneh/Jetfighters/t33_7.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Wyrneh/Jetfighters/t33_1.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Wyrneh/Jetfighters/t33_2.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Wyrneh/Jetfighters/t33_3.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Wyrneh/Jetfighters/t33_4.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Wyrneh/Jetfighters/t33_5.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/Wyrneh/Jetfighters/t33_6.jpg

jonraptor
February 14th, 2011, 13:56
Thank you so much guys! This is a truly noble effort as there is a severe shortage of 50's jets out there. The new model looks great, I dl'd her lastnight. Looking forward to taking her for a spin tonight. And Henry please do put up those paints, my buddies and I have been salivating ever since u posted ur first pics. What other changes are in store for the bird? If any?

delta_lima
February 14th, 2011, 14:19
Wow!

ok - that's reassuring! :) Thanks!

dl

Ferry_vO
February 14th, 2011, 14:22
Wow!

:jawdrop:

:applause:

Amazing Henry!

flaviossa
February 14th, 2011, 14:34
Very nice! Thanks!
May i suggest a little thing: If itīs possible, create a .cab for the .gau files. It makes installation a lot easier! Thanks again! :salute:

wilycoyote4
February 14th, 2011, 16:26
just screenys

Radioman123
February 14th, 2011, 17:46
I am happy that this effort went well. I cut the distro to keep it under 100 Mbytes so people can actually download it. Because of that, not everything that I have could be put into the package. I hope that everyone has fun with this package. It is really a community development starting with Piglet's source, my mods, all of the great art from Falcon and HenryW and others.

There are some other projects coming down that pike. Stay tuned.

Radioman123

Piglet
February 14th, 2011, 18:23
You guys sure made my ol' T-Bird all spiffy!:wavey:

skyblazer3
February 14th, 2011, 20:45
To everyone who worked on this, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. :salute::salute:

sknepper
February 16th, 2011, 10:32
Great job all of you, Piglet for this great model/specular mappings and Henry for those great repaints. My day cannot get any better :jump:

Wild Bill Kelso
February 18th, 2011, 06:38
To everyone who worked on this, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. :salute::salute:

Second that!

And since my (quite neglected) FSX install still is in a non-accelerated status, I was keen to find out how it looks:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/T-Bird/X_rnoaf1.jpg

Henry's awesome RNoAF repaint (above Stavanger Sola) in FSX/SP1.
Those reflections are great!

It's time to roll her into the paint shed to start my USAF/AFCS repaint (as seen in FS9) with the big textures... :jump:

Cheers,
Markus.

LCBORDEN
February 18th, 2011, 07:41
This "OLD" aircraft continuosly revamped by all you talented folks just simple "ROCKs" Always a favorite to fly about.... It just keeps getting better and better..

Ol' Jarhead :wavey:

olderndirt
February 19th, 2011, 09:05
I am happy that this effort went well. I cut the distro to keep it under 100 Mbytes so people can actually download it. Because of that, not everything that I have could be put into the package. I hope that everyone has fun with this package. It is really a community development starting with Piglet's source, my mods, all of the great art from Falcon and HenryW and others.

There are some other projects coming down that pike. Stay tuned.

Radioman123Hate to bother you with a stupid question but....
On my previous version and this one there were no panel instruments, other than a small radio stack and two navaid indicators. Followed the 'readme', I think. Unzip gauges and effects to FSX/gauges and effects - also the two folders. 'T33' folder to FSX/sim obj/acft and the 'dll' file to FSX. Looks good, flies good - what haven't I done?

thisizma
February 19th, 2011, 09:56
I've lost mine.Could someone please help me out?

doublecool
February 19th, 2011, 10:00
with one of Henry's Wonderful Paints...

Thanks :salute: To ALL Wonderful Upgrade :applause::applause::applause:

Radioman123
February 19th, 2011, 11:30
The T-33A sound file is an aliased file

the contents in sound.cfg are the following

[fltsim]
alias=lear45\sound

//to be used with FSX-A
//alias=FA-18\sound

The implication is that the lear45 is available on your system.

If you are flying FSX-A you can open the sound file and change the alias to point to FA-18\sound for a more realistic environment. Alternatively, you can download j33sndfs.zip from flightsim.com and install that sound package in the sound folder. This package is an exterior and interior sound package for an Allision J33-A-35 turbo and is very realistic.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Radioman123

Radioman123
February 19th, 2011, 11:39
Hate to bother you with a stupid question but....
On my previous version and this one there were no panel instruments, other than a small radio stack and two navaid indicators. Followed the 'readme', I think. Unzip gauges and effects to FSX/gauges and effects - also the two folders. 'T33' folder to FSX/sim obj/acft and the 'dll' file to FSX. Looks good, flies good - what haven't I done?

It sounds like your version is not picking up the gauges from FSX/Gauges. Look in your FSX/Gauges folder, all of the gauges that are in the in distro should be there. Question, is the clock and magnetic compass showing. These are aliased to the DC-3 magnetic which should be on your FSX system. If it is not then something else is going on.

Regards

Radioman123

Rami
February 19th, 2011, 12:43
Radioman123,

I have approved the airfile revision, and I added a folder to the original upload. After the updated airfile has been in the library for a while and the download frequency tails off, I will remove it because it has not been included in the original folder.

Radioman123
February 19th, 2011, 12:55
Thanks. It is as close as I could get it. I am hoping that some T-33 pilots can comment on it.

Radioman123

wallyboard
February 19th, 2011, 12:56
"The T-33A sound file is an aliased file

[fltsim]
alias=lear45\sound

//to be used with FSX-A
//alias=FA-18\sound "

Anyone know of the whereabouts of sounds for the Rolls Royce Nene engine used in Canada? I remeber the distinctive whistling sound overhead, especially in sub-zero weather'

Larry

thisizma
February 19th, 2011, 13:13
The T-33A sound file is an aliased file

[fltsim]
alias=lear45\sound

//to be used with FSX-A
//alias=FA-18\sound

The implication is that the lear45 is available on your system.

If you are flying FSX-A you can open the sound file and change the alias to point to FA-18\sound for a more realistic environment. Alternatively, you can download j33sndfs.zip from flightsim.com and install that sound package in the sound folder. This package is an exterior and interior sound package for an Allision J33-A-35 turbo and is very realistic.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Radioman123
Thank you. The Allison sound package works great for me.

Radioman123
February 19th, 2011, 13:15
I glad that it works.

Radioman123

ColoKent
February 19th, 2011, 22:19
http://www.t-33.us/

Check out "T-33 Operations"...good mishap stories

Kent

olderndirt
February 20th, 2011, 10:03
It sounds like your version is not picking up the gauges from FSX/Gauges. Look in your FSX/Gauges folder, all of the gauges that are in the in distro should be there. Question, is the clock and magnetic compass showing. These are aliased to the DC-3 magnetic which should be on your FSX system. If it is not then something else is going on.

Regards

Radioman123The little clock and mag compass are there and the previously mentioned CDI indicators - other than that, what I thought was a small radio stack is actually a list of pre-takeoff checks. FSX/gauges shows a list of T33 gauges and I reinstalled everything exactly as specified in the 'readme' - no change.

Radioman123
February 20th, 2011, 14:19
The little clock and mag compass are there and the previously mentioned CDI indicators - other than that, what I thought was a small radio stack is actually a list of pre-takeoff checks. FSX/gauges shows a list of T33 gauges and I reinstalled everything exactly as specified in the 'readme' - no change.

I am not sure what is going on but it sounds like the simulator is not reading the gauge file properly. If you open your gauge file at

Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Gauges, you should see something like what is in attachment 1.
In the middle of that file you should have the following as shown in attachment 2.

This example shows the individual T-33 gauge files.

To do this, the gauge files in the gauge zip need to be opened and the individual files in the opened T-33 gauge folder need to be placed directly in the the Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Gauges folder as shown in the example. When you run FSX, you should see the following if all has gone well.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck

Radioman123

olderndirt
February 21st, 2011, 18:10
I am not sure what is going on but it sounds like the simulator is not reading the gauge file properly. If you open your gauge file at

Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Gauges, you should see something like what is in attachment 1.
In the middle of that file you should have the following as shown in attachment 2.

This example shows the individual T-33 gauge files.

To do this, the gauge files in the gauge zip need to be opened and the individual files in the opened T-33 gauge folder need to be placed directly in the the Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Gauges folder as shown in the example. When you run FSX, you should see the following if all has gone well.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck

Radioman123Success. Thanks for your help.

Daube
February 21st, 2011, 23:49
Got it and love it. :ernae:
I used to fly this plane a lot back in my FS9 days, it was one of my favorite jets. I'm glad I can fly it again in FSX without any display issue anymore, thanks for that. I hope somebody will repaint the interior soon.