PDA

View Full Version : HU! another Sabre paint at Avsim

Motormouse
December 1st, 2008, 13:38
I'm going to need a bigger HD soon.....
this one's by Eric Joiner

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004acrp&DLID=131069

screenshot link ---> http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=224789

ttfn

Pete

skyhawka4m
December 1st, 2008, 19:22
Its nice but not real accurate. The navy birds were alot of former JASDAF Sabres and were painted aluminum, gray, or white.

Panther_99FS
December 1st, 2008, 20:51
Its nice but not real accurate. The navy birds were alot of former JASDAF Sabres and were painted aluminum, gray, or white.

Doesn't look too bad to me :mixedsmi:

bearcat241
December 1st, 2008, 21:03
I'll settle for anything that fits this model, authentic or fictional :applause:...it's the girl that makes the outfit, not the opposite :ernae:

Blackbird686
December 2nd, 2008, 04:37
I'll settle for anything that fits this model, authentic or fictional :applause:...it's the girl that makes the outfit, not the opposite :ernae:

Exactly!

BB686:USA-flag:

Rubberlegs
December 2nd, 2008, 05:48
Whoa! It's a Sabre..! That's good enough for me!! The 'Sword' and the 'E E Lightning'..sex with wings! Paint her like a 'Barber Pole' and she would still pass my Flight Acceptance Test.

Walt
Fly High..Punch Holes in the sky

Flyboy208
December 2nd, 2008, 06:12
Doesn't look too bad to me :mixedsmi:

Panther is correct - I was stationed at NAS Point MUGU - home of the Pacific Missile Test Center (PMTC) and the repaint looks very close.

Mike :wavey:

strikehawk
December 2nd, 2008, 23:20
I concur with Flyboy, looks like the drones on the Targets ramp at NAWS Pt. Mugu or at NAWS China Lake. I got to see the last one of the last QF-86's at China Lake upon returning from what was to be her last flight. She out flew a Hornet, dodging two AIM-9's and taking some 20mm across the rear fuselage.

The bird was safely landed, patched up and is on display at China Lakes aircraft "petting zoo", ie; she's on a pole near the main gate.