PDA

View Full Version : Experince with Playstation 3

hey_moe
December 1st, 2008, 02:54
Well I decided to break down and buy one of these to see what all the hub hub is about. I hooked it up using HDMI cables and it came with a wireless controller and a 160gig hard drive. It came with Uncharted Drake's Fortune, which I have to admit looks mighty sweet. You can also go on line and download demo or buy the games. I downloaded a few flight games and flew the combat one. One thing I do like is the scenery is nuthin but sweet. There is no overclocking to get better FPS and tweaking of the video card and shutting down things on your computer to get FSX or matter of fact any of the flight programs to work right. I wish MS had FSX set up for the PS3. I know some in here hate console games but I am very impressed with what I have seen so far. I also found out that most of the games are done in 720 not 1080 which I thought with Blue ray that would change. In the playing with sports game this thing puts everything I have seen to shame. If you are into football,basket ball,hockey...ect..ect...you can spend hours on end with this. I also picked up a Blue Ray movie just to see what it would look like because I have read and heard that the Blue ray on the PS3 looks sweet....it does. I also noticed there is no skipping,blurries,freezing..ect..ect. Using this on a large screen TV is easy on the eyes and nice to view. I guess it's not for everybody, but for now I like it :jump:

wildcat400
December 1st, 2008, 03:17
Well I decided to break down and buy one of these to see what all the hub hub is about. I hooked it up using HDMI cables and it came with a wireless controller and a 160gig hard drive. It came with Uncharted Drake's Fortune, which I have to admit looks mighty sweet. You can also go on line and download demo or buy the games. I downloaded a few flight games and flew the combat one. One thing I do like is the scenery is nuthin but sweet. There is no overclocking to get better FPS and tweaking of the video card and shutting down things on your computer to get FSX or matter of fact any of the flight programs to work right. I wish MS had FSX set up for the PS3. I know some in here hate console games but I am very impressed with what I have seen so far. I also found out that most of the games are done in 720 not 1080 which I thought with Blue ray that would change. In the playing with sports game this thing puts everything I have seen to shame. If you are into football,basket ball,hockey...ect..ect...you can spend hours on end with this. I also picked up a Blue Ray movie just to see what it would look like because I have read and heard that the Blue ray on the PS3 looks sweet....it does. I also noticed there is no skipping,blurries,freezing..ect..ect. Using this on a large screen TV is easy on the eyes and nice to view. I guess it's not for everybody, but for now I like it :jump:

That is the only downfall in my opinion. Most of the games are in 720 format, and not 1080. My MLB 2008 game is in 1080, as my NFL 08 is not. :banghead:

stoney71
December 1st, 2008, 04:27
I have had a Playstation 3 for over a year now, I also had a Playstation 1 & 2 before the PS3. I know some people think a computer will always be the best platform for games, but in my experience the Playstation game consoles have always been top notch. There are some games out there that are not worth the time to even open the box, but there are also some of the most entertaining games on the planet for the Playstation consoles. Also, 99% of the games run correctly and look great right out of the box, NO TWEAKING NEEDED. You can't do that with a computer. One of the drawbacks is that games like Flight Simulator will never be released on the Playstation console, but that is why I have both. :icon_lol:

Lionheart
December 1st, 2008, 07:43
Thanks Moe for the feedback.

They are powerful systems, thats for sure. I wish they could adapt a 'console version' of FSX to one, (if it would run smoothly and if they could adapt a keyboard and joystick into it to run it).

I think the main thing though that you cant do if one did that is bring in updates and addons, like planes and scenery, etc.

:banghead:

Bill

Nausicaa
December 1st, 2008, 09:10
Two great games (and amazing visually) I have played on the PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4 and GTA 4 !

Odie
December 1st, 2008, 09:17
Hey Moe, did you get the update for it? It adds some more features to the PS3. Easy to apply.

EgoR64
December 1st, 2008, 12:30
:wavey:

Very Cool, I have just purchased for my son, My son has 1080P flat screen with a couple of HDMI ports, the High Definition on his Xbox 360 is smokin, I was amazed at the picture in the Store on the Blue Ray, Mesmerized until my wife smacked me over the head. What a Picture is all I can Say !! :ernae:

hey_moe
December 1st, 2008, 14:16
That was the first thing I did was do a update. I guess the way I look at it is that the hardest wear and tear on my system is when using any of the FS programs. It also has been the only reason I spend money on my system. As soon as I update my hardware on my computer the next batch of new hardware comes out. I can't keep up any more:costumes: It has really bothered me that after spending thousands of dollars to get FSX to run right I have been dispointed in what the end results have been. Don't get me wrong I still like flying and I love FSX,FS9 and the combat games. If I build another system by the time I finish the next FS program will be coming out and I will be outdated again.It's a no win problem for me. The PS3 so far has a chet load of nice features and it is more set up for gaming...Mike
Hey Moe, did you get the update for it? It adds some more features to the PS3. Easy to apply.

HundertzehnGustav
December 2nd, 2008, 02:47
Two great games (and amazing visually) I have played on the PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4 and GTA 4 !

in about 1w3d i will be able to play it on PC so... why buy a PS-3?
:friday::costumes::friday:

wombat666
December 2nd, 2008, 03:29
You've sold your soul to the Devil Mike .................... :173go1:

Nausicaa
December 2nd, 2008, 03:40
in about 1w3d i will be able to play it on PC so... why buy a PS-3?
:friday::costumes::friday:

Because

1) for some games it's just great to be in the couch
2) games I look very much forward too will not be on PC, but PS3
3) you get a very good blue ray player
4) its great to have some games on very big screen
5) it kills graphic wise (Metal Gear Solid weeeh)

HundertzehnGustav
December 2nd, 2008, 05:51
and for that i shouold pay money?:icon_lol:

-any game can be played from my hard wooden stool.:icon_lol:
-inverse that BoB and significant Flightsims or CFS wont be on a console like PS3
-big screen can be hooked up to da pooter nowadays:mixedsmi: (moe confirm?)
-graphics is secondary, controls, systems and realism (TM) are primary...
-i can mess with them files way easier than on PS3

and some joker put a PC version of GTA on the torrent networks yesterday...:banghead::banghead:
"the real deal":censored:

so again... why buy a Pleh-Station?

get yerself one of them WII things and start jumpin' around the living room, acting like a fool...:costumes:
Shadow boxing on wii...:friday::costumes:
'till the police rings the doorbell!:redf:

*disclaimer* i been a longtime PS1 user, and realize the advantages of consoles vs PCs...

Nausicaa
December 2nd, 2008, 06:54
-any game can be played from my hard wooden stool.:icon_lol:

You are 25, I am 41

HundertzehnGustav
December 2nd, 2008, 07:09
LOL
:costumes:

What do you want me to say to that!

:friday::icon_lol:

Nausicaa
December 2nd, 2008, 07:25
:costumes::costumes: silence is gold they say in Germany, and I would add especially the one of twenty year olds

hey_moe
December 2nd, 2008, 15:01
How could I do that...I am the devil :icon_twi:
You've sold your soul to the Devil Mike .................... :173go1:

Snuffy
December 2nd, 2008, 15:35
What's a playstation 3?

Panther_99FS
December 2nd, 2008, 18:03
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3092418.html?menu= :173go1:

MCDesigns
December 2nd, 2008, 19:49
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3092418.html?menu= :173go1:

It's his Dads fault, what a :censored: parent! :banghead:

The biggest issue I have with consoles it this, most of not all game development houses don't have the resources or won't put in the resources to "fully" develop for both console AND PC platforms. So since they tend to choose one or the other for their focus (based on sales of course), I have to support PC gaming, even though I have a PS2 and XBOX 360 that I rarely use because I really can't stand the controllers.

srgalahad
December 2nd, 2008, 20:49
The biggest issue I have with consoles it this, most of not all game development houses don't have the resources or won't put in the resources to "fully" develop for both console AND PC platforms.

You mean the boys in Redmond don't have the... oh yeah, the desire..
all I can say is "Crimson Skies"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let one platform die a slow death, sell the other one off and let it die. IF an updated CS was available I'd probably go buy the box and the software.

Rob

Lionus
December 3rd, 2008, 12:53
I can warmly recommend Medal of Honor Airborne. especially if you guys have decent home theatre. let's just say that the game is very entertaining and immersive.