PDA

View Full Version : Milton Shupe's FS8 AT-11 Kansan has been converted!

kelticheart
February 4th, 2011, 01:57
Hi everybody! :wavey:

I did and I asssure you it's a model of a rare beauty! It converts to CFS2 effortlessly, the only animation problem is in the port engine cowl flaps which do not open, a somewhat minor detail.

I am flying it with Captmercy's conversion of Eckert/Choate's FS8 Lockheed Electra airfile and VW Hudson dp file. I tried changing the engine data with the less powerful original ones but it won't even lift in the air, so I left it with the Electra engine data.

If anybody is interested, I changed already prop discs, suitable for CFS2, and adpated my VW Hudson exhaust effects.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

peperez
February 4th, 2011, 07:22
Hi everybody! :wavey:

I did and I asssure you it's a model of a rare beauty! It converts to CFS2 effortlessly, the only animation problem is in the port engine cowl flaps which do not open, a somewhat minor detail.

I am flying it with Captmercy's conversion of Eckert/Choate's FS8 Lockheed Electra airfile and VW Hudson dp file. I tried changing the engine data with the less powerful original ones but it won't even lift in the air, so I left it with the Electra engine data.

If anybody is interested, I changed already prop discs, suitable for CFS2, and adpated my VW Hudson exhaust effects.

Cheers!
I have a dedicated airfile for all Beech serie. I need to ask Milton's authorization.

Cheers

Pepe

sc7500
February 4th, 2011, 07:30
Stefano, I wouldn't mind owning a set of replacement props for the AT-11..... Thanks in Advance

And you ARE correct - it converts amazingly well....

SC
:kilroy:

kelticheart
February 5th, 2011, 01:24
I have a dedicated airfile for all Beech serie. I need to ask Milton's authorization.

Cheers

Pepe

Hi Pepe!

If you are putting toghether a conversion pack, which is your specialty, I can send you, if you want me to, what I got and you can post a conversion completed with new prop discs and gauge-controlled exh effects.

The only problem is that I could not test the prop disc for the civilian version. For some reason, the converted model shows up without propellers. I ran MDLC over the original mdl and converted the blade prop texture file to extended 565 bit format several times to no avail. It's not too bad, civilian planes had short life in WWII, I prefer having a defensive turret than no guns at all!

Last night I adapted VW's Hudson dp file better; now I have a dual 0.50" firing rear turret with Martin Wright's rear gunner operating it. I also placed ten 100lb US GP bombs from the Hudson weapon pack inside the fuselage: they cover the blue training bombs better than the corresponding 100 pounders from Dbolt's pack. I can send you this dp as well.

One other thing I seem to be unable to obtain is working bomb doors.

Is your e-mail address still the same as the one you include in the readme of your uploads?

Hi SC:

Do you want the props pronto on the double or would you rather wait for Pepe's conversion pack?

Cheers!

bearcat241
February 5th, 2011, 03:49
KH, run the mdl thru scasm to fix the cowling and bomb doors. In the mdl, the bomb doors are most likely assigned to an FS-style rear canopy key -- change that to spoiler if so and activate spoiler in the air file if not already set. The left cowling can be reassigned to the right cowling. That way both sets are slaved to the working keyframes as one animation instead of two.

simonu
February 5th, 2011, 05:25
Simonu, if you or Bearcat or anyone are interested in converting the AT-11 to CFS2, you are welcome to do so. However, you should take a lower poly version which I would make especially for CFS2.

I only wish I had the time to take up Miltons kind offer. Anyway, take it permission to convert given. Gmax source available to those who ask if you wish to build one for CFS2 AI use.

Milton Shupe
February 5th, 2011, 06:43
You are more than welcome to convert and share the AT-11 as freeware. If you need anything from me, just ask. If you want the gmax source, just ask.

tonybones2112
February 5th, 2011, 19:24
Hi Pepe!

If you are putting toghether a conversion pack, which is your specialty, I can send you, if you want me to, what I got and you can post a conversion completed with new prop discs and gauge-controlled exh effects.

The only problem is that I could not test the prop disc for the civilian version. For some reason, the converted model shows up without propellers. I ran MDLC over the original mdl and converted the blade prop texture file to extended 565 bit format several times to no avail. It's not too bad, civilian planes had short life in WWII, I prefer having a defensive turret than no guns at all!

Last night I adapted VW's Hudson dp file better; now I have a dual 0.50" firing rear turret with Martin Wright's rear gunner operating it. I also placed ten 100lb US GP bombs from the Hudson weapon pack inside the fuselage: they cover the blue training bombs better than the corresponding 100 pounders from Dbolt's pack. I can send you this dp as well.

One other thing I seem to be unable to obtain is working bomb doors.

Is your e-mail address still the same as the one you include in the readme of your uploads?

Hi SC:

Do you want the props pronto on the double or would you rather wait for Pepe's conversion pack?

Cheers!

Stefano, I want to thank you and Milton. I am on dialup and want to download the FS9 version, I have conversion files for it, but given the file size, I have to break up the download time, I am looking forward to Pepe's conversion kit for this one and flying it while I am working on getting the other one.

Thank you again:salute:

Tony Bones

peperez
February 6th, 2011, 06:47
You are more than welcome to convert and share the AT-11 as freeware. If you need anything from me, just ask. If you want the gmax source, just ask.

Tango Romeo, Milton Shupe, Nole and me were working in more Chinese projects: two dedicated and unarmed H-6 versions with sources from Alphasim/Virtavia! Thousands of thanks to them. The package is ready, and I'm going to upload it soon, now is time to work at the Kansan.

Dear Milton, I already converted your fabulous C-45 and I'm asking your authorization to upload this package. About the AT-11, you could help me generating dedicated FS2002 (better still if they are CFS2) models, they convert better than FS09 ones.

Kelticheart, contact me by PM. Your propeller are allways welcomed.

Cheers for all!

Pepe

Milton Shupe
February 6th, 2011, 08:08
Tango Romeo, Milton Shupe, Nole and me were working in more Chinese projects: two dedicated and unarmed H-6 versions with sources from Alphasim/Virtavia! Thousands of thanks to them. The package is ready, and I'm going to upload it soon, now is time to work at the Kansan.

Dear Milton, I already converted your fabulous C-45 and I'm asking your authorization to upload this package. About the AT-11, you could help me generating dedicated FS2002 (better still if they are CFS2) models, they convert better than FS09 ones.

Kelticheart, contact me by PM. Your propeller are allways welcomed.

Cheers for all!

Pepe

Pepe,

You may upload whatever you have converted from my aircraft; no problem as long as credits are retained.

RE: The AT-11: there are 5 models, all different so you will need to be very specific about what you want. There is already a FS2002 version of the 5 models uploaded if that helps. If not, then I need specifics about exactly what you want included, excluded, changed (trimtabs, tailwheel steering, landing light deployment animations,) etc.

Be advised this aircraft is "heavy" in polys and textures so it will not be suitable for AI, multiplayer gaming, and maybe not for CFS2 at all. But, I am willing to assist although I know little about the CFS2 conversions.

There is also an AI model available I did for Tako_Kichi, also a static scenery model.

peperez
February 7th, 2011, 12:55
Pepe,

You may upload whatever you have converted from my aircraft; no problem as long as credits are retained.

RE: The AT-11: there are 5 models, all different so you will need to be very specific about what you want. There is already a FS2002 version of the 5 models uploaded if that helps. If not, then I need specifics about exactly what you want included, excluded, changed (trimtabs, tailwheel steering, landing light deployment animations,) etc.

Be advised this aircraft is "heavy" in polys and textures so it will not be suitable for AI, multiplayer gaming, and maybe not for CFS2 at all. But, I am willing to assist although I know little about the CFS2 conversions.

There is also an AI model available I did for Tako_Kichi, also a static scenery model.

I'm at work and just dowloaded and unsipped the package. I'll begin to work with the models at home. I already have all air features ready.

Thank you

Pepe

sc7500
February 7th, 2011, 13:13
...Hi SC:
Do you want the props pronto on the double or would you rather wait for Pepe's conversion pack?...

Hi Stef - No Hurry - whenever you have time. The plane is a Hangar Queen at the moment, while I work on re-tooling my BoB Airfields.....

Grazie !
SC
:kilroy:

peperez
February 8th, 2011, 09:50
I also redid the textures saving them at 555-1 mode. Now, I'm just waiting Kelticheart props and DPs.

Cheers

Pepe

kelticheart
February 8th, 2011, 12:42

Pleased to meet you Milton!

Let me grab the opportunity to thank you very, very much for all the models you designed and uploaded.

I enjoy your A-26 Invader so much that, everytime I load it for a flight, I spend several minutes in external view savouring every small detail of that magnificent model. The same thing is happening now with this AT-11, I don't know if I enjoy more flying it or simply watching it!

Thank you also for your kind offer to assist for a lower poly CFS2 model, the FS2002 model I converted is not that bad in terms of framerate, anyway. I don't know whether the Kansan was ever used in action and in several numbers during WWII, I seem to understand this aircraft was deployed primarily in training of bomber crews.
If this is the case, the AT-11 framerate performance will not be a big issue in CFS2.

Bearcat:

I have not the necessary skills to use SCASM proficiently, so I'll leave it to Milton or anyone else with better skills than mine the task of fixing the small animation problems of cowl flaps and bomb doors.
At any rate, thank you for your usual top level technical suggestions!

Pepe:

I am doing the final touches to the spinning details of the prop disk, the trace left by the spinning Hamilton brand. I should be able to send you everything I have by this weekend.

With a joint effort we can all put together a splendid CFS2 conversion for this magnificent model: WWII-era airplanes should always have a home in CFS2 hangars!

Cheers!

peperez
February 12th, 2011, 08:50
Two packages ready! C-45 Expeditor and AT-11 Kansan. The only use as a bomber was by Chinese Airforce with six MR18S samples. There's no image of them.

Rami
February 12th, 2011, 13:04
Peperez,

Outstanding work, my friend. It certainly is appreciated.

peperez
February 13th, 2011, 04:17
Peperez,

Outstanding work, my friend. It certainly is appreciated.

I also uploaded the C-45 package...

Jagdflieger
February 13th, 2011, 05:56
Outstanding! Thanks Pepi.

tonybones2112
February 18th, 2011, 13:13
Outstanding! Thanks Pepi.

Anyone have any airfield sceneries/bombing practice missions/campaigns planned for this aircraft?

Thanks

Bones

erufle
February 19th, 2011, 03:53
Yessiree, its a proud heritage we have here in old Do-dah. That's what we sometimes call this fair city on the prairie. Its too bad we are loosing massive amounts of our aircraft manufacturing to Mexico and China. Dang it to heck, back in '45 we won the war by burnin' Japan to the ground in Wichita made B29s. Shupe's plane, and others recreated here at the outhouse, bring to mind the Beech heritage and that of two dozen or so other aircraft manufacturers that once set up shop here in Wichita. We are loosing these jobs at break-neck speed and I thought you guys out to know about it. I don't think Seattle is fairing much better. Sorry for changing the theme of the thread, but I have two sons who once made a good living building Cessnas, but their jobs were moved to Mexico. I don't blame the Mexicans and Chinese, they deserve prosperity too. But why at the expense of MY family.

Sorry, I know this isn't the complaint department. I'll go somewhere else and complain. :gameoff:

Milton Shupe
February 20th, 2011, 06:21
Anyone have any airfield sceneries/bombing practice missions/campaigns planned for this aircraft?

Thanks

Bones

Tako_Kichi did the Hobbs Army Airbase for FSX, a training base for B-17's that used AT-11's extensively. Not sure anything in that project coud be used as a basis for doing a CFS2 project.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=113&page=1#linkid3472

The project was documented in the Landscapers forum down below. There are also AT-11 and B-17 scenery objects and AI in that project with 7 practice fields.

"This scenery package is for Hobbs AAF base in New Mexico c.1943 and includes the main Hobbs airfield (NM82), the two Hobbs auxiliary fields (HAF1, HAF4) and seven precision bombing targets located out in the boonies at their historically correct locations. It also includes AI traffic in the form of B-17E, AT-11 and Stinson L-5B aircraft. You will need your AI traffic set to at least 10% for the aircraft to appear.

An ideal base for the A2A B-17 (or any other B-17) or Milton Shupe's AT-11..."

tonybones2112
February 20th, 2011, 17:15
Tako_Kichi did the Hobbs Army Airbase for FSX, a training base for B-17's that used AT-11's extensively. Not sure anything in that project coud be used as a basis for doing a CFS2 project.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=113&page=1#linkid3472

The project was documented in the Landscapers forum down below. There are also AT-11 and B-17 scenery objects and AI in that project with 7 practice fields.

"This scenery package is for Hobbs AAF base in New Mexico c.1943 and includes the main Hobbs airfield (NM82), the two Hobbs auxiliary fields (HAF1, HAF4) and seven precision bombing targets located out in the boonies at their historically correct locations. It also includes AI traffic in the form of B-17E, AT-11 and Stinson L-5B aircraft. You will need your AI traffic set to at least 10% for the aircraft to appear.

An ideal base for the A2A B-17 (or any other B-17) or Milton Shupe's AT-11..."

Milton, thank you so much, that's a starting point. I have the FS9, FS2002, and Pepe's conversion for CFS2 and I have the core files for the FS9 version from a good friend of ours., I congratulate all of you for this fine little plane. I'm not much for civilian aircraft, but I always loved the Beech. I live in a little city of around 4500-6000 people, we have a small civil airport right outside city limits, and got to see a real Beech Staggerwing when I was a kid and fell in love with it.

Thank you again, and I'll see what can be done with this scenery.

Tony Bones