PDA

View Full Version : Why is SOH trying to put a file on my computer ???

edmoore235
February 2nd, 2011, 06:30
Have just started getting a msg from Internet explorer blocking a file from being downloaded from SOH - is this a new added bonus from SOH??? Is it a cookie that I should allow or not??? Help Help Help!!!!!

Ed

Rami
February 2nd, 2011, 06:31
Hello,

I use Firefox and a program called NoScript, so I can't replicate your problem, even with IE 8. But we are aware of the issue and are working on finding answers for you.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance...:wavey:

OleBoy
February 2nd, 2011, 06:32
As Rami, same. No issue

Curtis P40
February 2nd, 2011, 06:38
Same thing as edmoore, using IE 8

Clarke123
February 2nd, 2011, 07:01
I'm using IE8 and haven't had anything weird popup.

LCBORDEN
February 2nd, 2011, 07:12
I have IE8 and I have the message....kind of weird.....I think it is space aliens trying to make contact...to like minded (flying) folks.....ZZZZZZZZZZZappp take me to your leader.....:wiggle:

Ol' jarhead:wavey:

Ickie
February 2nd, 2011, 07:47
it is a facebook issue and is global throughout the internet,

logout and delete all of your cookies and internet files and re sign in, this is how I cleared this issue out.

BTW I did download it and it wasn't a virus, it just opened up my front page with a simple script:

.app_content_51546247891 a.uiLinkSubtle { display: none; }
.app_content_51546247891 a.UIImageBlock_ICON_Image { display: none; }

#bootloader_Zvucx { height: 42px; }

edmoore235
February 2nd, 2011, 08:07
Great - Facebook, I hate facebook....smile. Thanks and take care.

Ed

Ickie
February 2nd, 2011, 08:24
I did a check, all websites who are connected to facebook, this happens, so we removed all links to facebook from sim-outhouse.

here is a link to f-secure to do a quick free scan

http://www.f-secure.com/en_EMEA-Labs/security-threats/tools/online-scanner

hairyspin
February 2nd, 2011, 12:27
I did a check, all websites who are connected to facebook, this happens, so we removed all links to facebook from sim-outhouse..

GOOD! There are some things I can certainly live without.

PhillRoath
February 3rd, 2011, 05:51
I did a check, all websites who are connected to facebook, this happens, so we removed all links to facebook from sim-outhouse.

Thank you so much! It was pretty irritating yesterday and today it's gone. :applause:

Phill

JoeW
February 3rd, 2011, 06:26
Win 7 and Firefox .........
Ain't gettin that!
:jump:

hurricane3
February 4th, 2011, 06:32
Today wehen I logged into SOH I'am geeting the Internet Explorer blocking the site and asking what I want to do, download file etc. I get this at the top of the screen when ever I change pages . I checked to see if I can still download files and I can as long as I check the option to download this file, but it happens weither I want to download or just go to the forums and it puts some kind of file on that I have to click off. I have IE8 and it just started today (the 4th). Whats going on ?Is this what other oeople are talking about pertaining to face book?

hurricane3
February 4th, 2011, 08:29
I followed your directions twice and it didn't work ,still have the yellow option bar,guess maybe I'll just have to live with it. Thanks for trying

hurricane3
February 4th, 2011, 08:55
After closeing and logging out and waiting about a half hour I went back into SOH and the yellow option bar is gone,except when I want to download something and I think it always came up then. So I guess it just takes a while for things to happen. Thanks again

Tracon
February 5th, 2011, 09:56
Chrome, with no issues.