PDA

View Full Version : Section 8's Sabre

dharris
January 31st, 2011, 07:28
Have not heard anything on Section 8"s Sabre for fsx in a while, any news? Still one of the best in my opion, even using the fs9 in fsx.

mmann
January 31st, 2011, 08:11
Unfortunately if you look at the Section F8 FSX forum it states: "The SectionF8 Sabre project is something on the side".

So I wouldn't think it is going to be released anytime soon, which is a pity for us Sabre lovers.

Regards, Mike Mann

Bjoern
January 31st, 2011, 11:20
Turning the Convair into a native model without any bells and whistles was a six hour job, hence I'd do it if someone gets me the source files.

Ferry_vO
January 31st, 2011, 12:03
I don't think Jan Visser does anything "without any bells and whistles" and he's currently busy with the Maam-Sim N3N so we'll just have to be patient!

stiz
January 31st, 2011, 14:22
didnt they say they where useing the n3n as a breaking in/familiarty plane so they could get to gribs with FSX, then depending on how that went do some others?

mmann
January 31st, 2011, 14:27
didnt they say they where useing the n3n as a breaking in/familiarty plane so they could get to gribs with FSX, then depending on how that went do some others?

Yes they certainly did refer to the fact that what they learn now will help them make a better FSX native Sabre. The downside being that we are going to have to wait awhile to get it.

Regards, Mike Mann

Javis
January 31st, 2011, 17:43
We have quite a lot going on at Maam-Sim for a while now (certainly not only the N3N... :cool: ) so i'm afraid the Sabre is on the backburner for still some time to come. There's an almost finished F-86 upgrade package in the works with the hardwing model, external model and VC upgrades plus completely new handpainted textures for camo or other colored Sabres sporting super detailed panellining, rivets, legends, etc., by graphics artist Don Feeley. PSD layered repaint kit included too.

http://fssupport.com/maam/cn2.jpg

http://fssupport.com/maam/cn3.jpg

Uncertain still when i will be able to find the time to finish it all up and release the upgrade package. Good news is that there's a fair chance of a native FSX version coming to your hangar this year.

@Bjoern : that's a great offer, thanks mate ! :salute:

But like Ferry mentioned, it would be a pity to loose all FSX dedicated bells & whistles during the conversion process. Maybe we could still do with the internal textures as they are now, but we certainly don't want to miss out on the higher resolution textures for the external model. Then again, since we have a handpainted, layered texture set for the external model now that might turn out not to be such a hard job to accomplish.

We'd probabely have to loose the photoreal bare-metal textures and go with the possibilities FSX can provide regarding bare-metal texturing. As some of the recently released models have proven to be a big step forward compared to FS9.

But, hey, i'll talk your offer over with my mates, we could sure do with your help !

Thanks again, Bjoern, much appreciated ! I'll be in touch with you shortly.

Cheers,
Jan

heywooood
January 31st, 2011, 18:33
and so...just like the renowned North American F-86...Jan shows up and clears the air with a flourish

Cant wait for that N3N my friend - among all the other pokers ya got in the fire...

dharris
February 1st, 2011, 06:35
Great news Javis, thanks for the update, will be looking forward to the update. Don

skyblazer3
February 1st, 2011, 11:11
All the Luck Jan; still loving the Sabre.

Bjoern
February 2nd, 2011, 01:57
I don't think Jan Visser does anything "without any bells and whistles" and he's currently busy with the Maam-Sim N3N so we'll just have to be patient!

By "bells and whistles" I mean unkeyframed special XML animations.

Just to be clear, a FSX conversion from FS9 just involves adding a keyframes to a few parts (ailerons, rudder, elevator), doing some XML editing as FSX's formatting differs from FS9's, tagging animations, FSX compilant materials and extensive use of the attachpoint tool as well as cooking basic spec and bump maps.

Mesh and texture mapping will stay untouched, so you can go 2048 on the main textures whenever you want.

Remember, repaint compatibility is a key element of conversions.

robcap
February 2nd, 2011, 08:28
a FSX conversion from FS9 just involves adding a keyframes to a few parts (ailerons, rudder, elevator), doing some XML editing as FSX's formatting differs from FS9's, tagging animations, FSX compilant materials and extensive use of the attachpoint tool as well as cooking basic spec and bump maps.And that's a whole lot of work ;-)
You must apply the new FSX materials to all textured parts, and to make all swithces work in FSX will be quite a job as well. To have at least the FS9 functionality in FSX as well (which would be a requirenment), the XML code must be converted (and applied) to the applicable parts and animations.
Anyway, sounds like a lot of fun TBH!

Mesh and texture mapping will stay untouched, so you can go 2048 on the main textures whenever you want. Remember, repaint compatibility is a key element of conversions.very true.

Cheers Rob

Bjoern
February 2nd, 2011, 08:50
And that's a whole lot of work ;-)
You must apply the new FSX materials to all textured parts, and to make all swithces work in FSX will be quite a job as well. To have at least the FS9 functionality in FSX as well (which would be a requirenment), the XML code must be converted (and applied) to the applicable parts and animations.
Anyway, sounds like a lot of fun TBH!

I had the Convair FSX native in six hours and that included a lot of cursing at GMax because it misses some very convenient functions that are included in 3DS Max ("Unhide By Name" for example).

ZsoltB
December 4th, 2011, 04:38
We have quite a lot going on at Maam-Sim for a while now (certainly not only the N3N... :cool: ) so i'm afraid the Sabre is on the backburner for still some time to come. There's an almost finished F-86 upgrade package in the works with the hardwing model, external model and VC upgrades plus completely new handpainted textures for camo or other colored Sabres sporting super detailed panellining, rivets, legends, etc., by graphics artist Don Feeley. PSD layered repaint kit included too.

http://fssupport.com/maam/cn2.jpg

http://fssupport.com/maam/cn3.jpg

Uncertain still when i will be able to find the time to finish it all up and release the upgrade package. Good news is that there's a fair chance of a native FSX version coming to your hangar this year.

@Bjoern : that's a great offer, thanks mate ! :salute:

But like Ferry mentioned, it would be a pity to loose all FSX dedicated bells & whistles during the conversion process. Maybe we could still do with the internal textures as they are now, but we certainly don't want to miss out on the higher resolution textures for the external model. Then again, since we have a handpainted, layered texture set for the external model now that might turn out not to be such a hard job to accomplish.

We'd probabely have to loose the photoreal bare-metal textures and go with the possibilities FSX can provide regarding bare-metal texturing. As some of the recently released models have proven to be a big step forward compared to FS9.

But, hey, i'll talk your offer over with my mates, we could sure do with your help !

Thanks again, Bjoern, much appreciated ! I'll be in touch with you shortly.

Cheers,
Jan

Hello,

Available in this repaint?

Thank you!
Zsolt

falcon409
December 4th, 2011, 05:07
. . . . .as well as cooking basic spec and bump maps. . . . . .
I see this mentioned sometimes by other painters, what exactly is "cooking"??

OleBoy
December 4th, 2011, 06:50
I believe "cooking" is a term for creating the bump maps onto the model, within the modeling program?

skyhawka4m
December 4th, 2011, 10:04
Was the layered paint kit ever released?

Bjoern
December 4th, 2011, 14:48
I see this mentioned sometimes by other painters, what exactly is "cooking"??

I believe "cooking" is a term for creating the bump maps onto the model, within the modeling program?

No.

"Cooking":
- Spec maps: Taking the diffuse texture, desaturating it, adding a color inverted greyscale alpha channel, exporting it.
- Bump maps: Taking the diffuse texture, deactivating any decal or paint elements, desaturating its colors, maybe enhancing its contrast or screwing around with color levels, running it through the bump map generator, running it through ImageTool.

All within GIMP.

The procedure is easily adaptable to every fuselage and paint configuration (talking airliners here), but usually doesn't overexcite the audience. It's okay for my taste though and that's what counts.

skyblazer3
December 4th, 2011, 15:43
Jan,

Any updates concerning SF8 and/or MAAM-SIM's work? We all love the things you do. Hope life is treating you well, and you are still enjoying the hobby. I saw some nice screenshots of you with the Milviz F-15 recently -- that is a fun bird.

Chris

Javis
December 5th, 2011, 01:48
Thanks Chris,

Got a fair bit of life's turmoil to digest lately but don't we all sometimes... F-86 update got seriously delayed because of our Maam-Sim FSX close encounter. She's waiting patiently in a corner for her chance but i might be able to atleast finalize the FS9 update and package it up for release within the coming weeks. Better late than never, éh ?...

Yes, i allow myself to take a ride in some of the latest FSX aircraft offerings. The bar is raised over and over again, the quality is astounding and so is the Milviz F-15.( I bet you know about their F-86 in the pipeline. I accidently pulled my ejection seat trigger levers when i first saw these renders! :isadizzy: )

Thanks for your ongoing interest in our Sabre puppy, Chris. Much appreciated !

Available in this repaint?Thank you! Zsolt

See above, Zsolt

Cheers,
Jan

skyhawka4m
December 5th, 2011, 04:04
Javis is there anyway to get the new layer paintkit that was mentioned before in this thread?

OleBoy
December 5th, 2011, 04:30
No.

"Cooking":
- Spec maps: Taking the diffuse texture, desaturating it, adding a color inverted greyscale alpha channel, exporting it.
- Bump maps: Taking the diffuse texture, deactivating any decal or paint elements, desaturating its colors, maybe enhancing its contrast or screwing around with color levels, running it through the bump map generator, running it through ImageTool.

All within GIMP.

The procedure is easily adaptable to every fuselage and paint configuration (talking airliners here), but usually doesn't overexcite the audience. It's okay for my taste though and that's what counts.

What he said!

I appreciate the clarity in the explanation. The process I am familiar with. Many times I don't know the correct words, so I'm, at times, better off not even typing a response because of it. :icon_lol:

ZsoltB
December 5th, 2011, 04:32
Thanks Chris,

Got a fair bit of life's turmoil to digest lately but don't we all sometimes... F-86 update got seriously delayed because of our Maam-Sim FSX close encounter. She's waiting patiently in a corner for her chance but i might be able to atleast finalize the FS9 update and package it up for release within the coming weeks. Better late than never, éh ?...

Yes, i allow myself to take a ride in some of the latest FSX aircraft offerings. The bar is raised over and over again, the quality is astounding and so is the Milviz F-15.( I bet you know about their F-86 in the pipeline. I accidently pulled my ejection seat trigger levers when i first saw these renders! :isadizzy: )

Thanks for your ongoing interest in our Sabre puppy, Chris. Much appreciated !

See above, Zsolt

Cheers,
Jan

"See above" More precisely? I do not understand

ZsoltB
December 5th, 2011, 04:34
Available in a non-encrypted MDL file?
The FSRepaint tool does not see

ZsoltB
December 5th, 2011, 05:39
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/743/14728820.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/14728820.jpg/)

ZsoltB
December 5th, 2011, 12:04
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4066/52473763.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/52473763.jpg/)

Javis
December 5th, 2011, 20:11
Zsolt, i ment this : " .......but i might be able to atleast finalize the FS9 update and package it up for release within the coming weeks. "

Nice repaints ! Might want to add a bit of shine ?....

Actually i don't know why some models won't work with FSRepaint.... Afaik our F-86 model is not 'encrypted' or anything like that... You might want to wait for the FS9 update package. It will have a layered paintkit enclosed.

@ Skyhawk : the repaint kit will only work with the updated F-86 model. Quite some changes to the mapping have been made, you see.

cheers,
jan

ZsoltB
December 5th, 2011, 21:18
Hi Jan,

SectionF8 Update? Sounds very good!
When, exactly?
New paintkit?
I look forward to!

Regards,
Zsolt

Javis
December 6th, 2011, 18:19
SectionF8 Update? Sounds very good!

Heya Zsolt,

Well, may sound a little squeeky by now...:p: The (almost finished) update has been sitting here on my external drive since last year... Very sorry about that.Blame it on FSX. I'll try pick up the pieces and see if i still can package it all up shortly. Mind you, still native FS9 but we'll try to add a good working portover for use in FSX. A new layered repaint kit will top the package off, yessir.

cheers,
jan

Sundog
December 6th, 2011, 20:05
Heya Zsolt,

Well, may sound a little squeeky by now...:p: The (almost finished) update has been sitting here on my external drive since last year... Very sorry about that.Blame it on FSX. I'll try pick up the pieces and see if i still can package it all up shortly. Mind you, still native FS9 but we'll try to add a good working portover for use in FSX. A new layered repaint kit will top the package off, yessir.

cheers,
jan

Great news indeed! Thanks.

ZsoltB
December 6th, 2011, 23:55
Heya Zsolt,

cheers,
jan

Hi Jan,

When will it be available?

Regards,
Zsolt

ZsoltB
December 7th, 2011, 00:46
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8790/56173821.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/56173821.jpg/)

skyblazer3
December 7th, 2011, 00:56
This is the update with the re-done 3d radio-stack? Any other goodies to look forward to?

CE

patful
December 7th, 2011, 04:54
Heya Zsolt,

Well, may sound a little squeeky by now...:p: The (almost finished) update has been sitting here on my external drive since last year... Very sorry about that.Blame it on FSX. I'll try pick up the pieces and see if i still can package it all up shortly.

cheers,
jan

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I finally bought FS2004 a couple of months ago, and now I have Team SOH's Grummans and your updated Sabres to look forward to. Can't wait. Thanks.:jump:

Pat

Javis
December 7th, 2011, 16:49
This is the update with the re-done 3d radio-stack?

Yes indeed, main reason for update.

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/f86uphw43.jpg

Other than that, 6-3 hardwing, various external model mods, choice between typical US or UK pilot figure, and unlike the original the external model is now handpainted thru layered psd including panellines, seperate light and/or dark trimmings, rivets, stencils, markings, various types of weathering, paintchips, shadows, etc.

Available in the coming weeks ( if Benton doesn't make havoc.. :) )

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/f86uphw46.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/f86uphw45.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/f86uphw44.jpg

Cheers,
Jan

EMatheson
December 7th, 2011, 19:11
That is simply beautiful.... no other word for it, really!
About those new radios... those edges look so nice and round. You either went FSX native or else you're , using the infinite poly hack for fs2004, right?

Whitehawk
December 7th, 2011, 20:49
Looking forward to it Jan!

findus
December 7th, 2011, 23:44
Wow, an amazing piece of art and work!
Keep it coming Jan!

DaveQ
December 8th, 2011, 00:24
This looks sensational Jan. Will await impatiently!!

DaveQ

dharris
December 8th, 2011, 05:55
This is really well done! Still one of my favorites in fsx. Great job and hanging on to the edge of my seat. Don

aeronca1
December 8th, 2011, 08:03
No matter when it arrives, a very nice Christmas present!!!!

Bone
December 8th, 2011, 08:11
I do love this model, but I've never had any luck with getting the speed brake to work in FSX.

jankees
December 8th, 2011, 09:41
Looks outstanding, and looking forward to it!

Mach3DS
December 8th, 2011, 11:25
I do love this model, but I've never had any luck with getting the speed brake to work in FSX.

I had the same problem. you need to have the first patch/fix installed, and then I PM'd "Hansi" over at the SF8 forums and was sent a a replacement file promptly. I'm sure you can get the same assistance. I will look and see if I can find the email again....however you'll probably get the thing working faster if you you ask him!

Bone
December 8th, 2011, 11:54
I had the same problem. you need to have the first patch/fix installed, and then I PM'd "Hansi" over at the SF8 forums and was sent a a replacement file promptly. I'm sure you can get the same assistance. I will look and see if I can find the email again....however you'll probably get the thing working faster if you you ask him!

Thanks. I did the update, but didn't PM anyone.

Mach3DS
December 8th, 2011, 16:24
Below is the Panel.cfg that should have shipped with the SP1, which didn't make it into the download I got aparantly...This is the fix that Hansi sent me way back when. ***USE AT YOUR OWN RISK***BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FIRST***

Should be fine, but just a standard precautionary statement... :)

I guess there is a faulty gauge controller called out in the old panel.cfg file. So you can try this out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Panel.cfg file for FS2004 Section F8 North American F-86 Sabre
// Last changed 22 December 2008

[Window Titles]
Window00=Instrument Panel
Window01=Window01
Window02=Window02
Window03=Window03
Window04=Window04
Window05=Window05
Window06=Throttle Console
Window07=VHF Radios IFF/SIF Panels
Window08=AN/ARN-6 Compass Control Panel
Window09=Oxygen Regulator Panel
Window10=Status
Window11=On Screen Display
Window12=GPS
Window13=Minipanel

//-------------------------- Instrument Panel -----------------------
[Window00]
file=Instrument.bmp
size_mm=1280
// render_3d_window=1
position=1
visible=1
zorder=0
ident=MAIN_PANEL

gauge00=SF8_F86!WhiskeyCompass, 101, 422, 101, 100
gauge01=SF8_F86!HandleGear, 222, 824, 44, 132
gauge02=SF8_F86!LightOxygen, 669, 512, 47, 47
gauge03=SF8_F86!ANRadioAP, 616, 551, 235, 107
gauge04=SF8_F86!Attitude, 724, 674, 155, 152
gauge05=SF8_F86!GyroCompass, 522, 669, 181, 165
gauge06=SF8_F86!RadioCompass, 275, 664, 109, 107
gauge07=SF8_F86!VORLOC, 262, 653, 138, 132
gauge08=SF8_F86!MachNumberDME, 275, 789, 111, 105
gauge09=SF8_F86!Airspeed, 399, 666, 113, 112
gauge10=SF8_F86!VerticalSpeed, 665, 850, 105, 103
gauge11=SF8_F86!Altimeter, 401, 788, 114, 111
gauge12=SF8_F86!TurnBankRMI, 530, 850, 108, 106
gauge13=SF8_F86!FuelQuantity, 788, 842, 106, 103
gauge14=SF8_F86!FuelFlow, 912, 765, 105, 100
gauge15=SF8_F86!GasTemp, 853, 536, 104, 102
gauge16=SF8_F86!PercentRPM, 908, 648, 105, 102
gauge17=SF8_F86!Voltmeter, 280, 906, 83, 80
gauge18=SF8_F86!ElectricalLoad, 373, 923, 67, 63
gauge19=SF8_F86!Clock, 442, 905, 74, 72
gauge20=SF8_F86!AccelerometerKnob, 318, 619, 25, 25
gauge21=SF8_F86!Accelerometer, 331, 563, 77, 74
gauge22=SF8_F86!HydPress, 440, 564, 77, 74
gauge23=SF8_F86!MultiPress, 927, 890, 76, 70
gauge24=SF8_F86!LightAlternate, 580, 580, 44, 44
gauge25=SF8_F86!LightGenerator, 370, 891, 36, 33
gauge26=SF8_F86!LightMainInverter, 400, 516, 44, 44
gauge27=SF8_F86!LightTanks, 500, 516, 44, 44
gauge28=SF8_F86!LightRadar, 580, 516, 44, 44
gauge29=SF8_F86!LightTrimPosition, 730, 516, 44, 44
gauge30=SF8_F86!Icons, 815, 477, 134, 25
gauge31=SF8_F86!SwitchEmergencyFuel, 264, 562, 50, 75
gauge32=SF8_F86!ButtonEmergencyGear, 213, 722, 48, 48
gauge33=SF8_F86!SwitchHydraulic, 540, 580, 25, 50
gauge34=SF8_F86!ButtonFuelDeicer, 202, 535, 30, 30
gauge35=SF8_F86!ButtonFireTest, 1048, 581, 30, 30
gauge36=SF8_F86!LightFuelPress, 203, 494, 44, 44
gauge37=SF8_F86!LightFire1, 1032, 494, 44, 44
gauge38=SF8_F86!LightFire2, 1043, 532, 44, 44
gauge39=SF8_F86!HandleParkBrake, 122, 663, 100, 100
gauge40=SF8_F86!SwitchExternalPower, 1066, 707, 34, 40
gauge41=SF8_F86!SwitchGenerator, 1113, 690, 45, 68
gauge42=SF8_F86!SwitchEngineMaster, 1070, 758, 42, 42
gauge43=SF8_F86!SwitchIgnition, 1113, 744, 42, 78
gauge44=SF8_F86!SwitchFire, 1143, 737, 42, 78
gauge45=SF8_F86!SwitchBatteryStarter, 1086, 809, 36, 42
gauge46=SF8_F86!ButtonStopStarter, 1094, 859, 30, 30
gauge47=SF8_F86!LightStarter, 1135, 841, 38, 38
gauge48=SF8_F86!SwitchTransferPump, 1183, 830, 36, 42
gauge49=SF8_F86!SwitchLandingLights, 1108, 912, 36, 42
gauge50=SF8_F86!SwitchPositionLights, 1176, 900, 36, 42
gauge51=SF8_F86!SwitchCanopy, 109, 562, 110, 110
gauge52=SF8_F86!PlateInstructions, 376, 428, 266, 77
gauge53=SF8_F86!GearPosition, 90, 823, 108, 144
gauge54=SF8_F86!PlateRadioCall, 730, 472, 72, 32
gauge55=SF8_F86!SwitchEngineDeicer, 126, 774, 36, 42
gauge56=SF8_F86!SwitchPitotHeat, 48, 881, 36, 42
gauge57=SF8_F86!SwitchCompass, 133, 520, 34, 34
gauge58=SF8_F86!HandleCanopy, 1052, 607, 82, 82
gauge59=SF8_F86!LightTarget, 378, 315, 41, 41
gauge60=SF8_F86!LightLimit, 437, 315, 41, 41
gauge61=SF8_F86!Windows, 660, 260, 60, 180
gauge62=SF8_F86!PlateChecklist, 770, 934, 19, 19
gauge63=SF8_F86!ButtonGearHorn, 77, 823, 32, 32

draw_order00=gauge06, gauge07
draw_order01=gauge03, gauge02
draw_order02=gauge03, gauge29
draw_order03=gauge21, gauge20
draw_order04=gauge38, gauge37
draw_order05=gauge51, gauge39
draw_order06=gauge42, gauge43
draw_order07=gauge42, gauge45
draw_order08=gauge41, gauge44
draw_order09=gauge41, gauge43
draw_order10=gauge44, gauge43

//-------------------------- Alpha windows -----------------------

[Window01]
file=Window1.bmp
size_mm=1280
// render_3d_window=1
position=1
visible=1
alpha_blend=0.40
no_luminous=1
nomenu=1
zorder=1
ident=10001

gauge00=SF8_F86!Alpha, 0, 0, 10, 10

[Window02]
file=Window2.bmp
size_mm=1280
// render_3d_window=1
position=1
visible=1
alpha_blend=0.70
no_luminous=1
nomenu=1
zorder=2
ident=10002

//-------------------------- Camera optics -----------------------
[Window03]
file=Window3.bmp
size_mm=1280
// render_3d_window=1
position=1
visible=1
nomenu=1
zorder=3
ident=10003

gauge00=SF8_F86!Windows, 660, 260, 60, 180

//-------------------------- Canopy -----------------------
[Window04]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=412,880 // 330 x 1.25 660 x 1.33
// render_3d_window=1
position=0
visible=1
nomenu=1
zorder=4
ident=10004

gauge00=SF8_F86!CanopyLeft, 0, 0, 412, 880

[Window05]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=412,880 // 330 x 1.25 660 x 1.33
// render_3d_window=1
position=2
visible=1
nomenu=1
zorder=4
ident=10005

gauge00=SF8_F86!CanopyRight, 0, 0, 412, 880

//-------------------------- Throttle Popup -----------------------
[Window06]
file=Throttle_Popup.bmp
size_mm=260
position=6
visible=0
zorder=98
ident=10006

gauge00=SF8_F86!SwitchStandbyVacuum, 128, 23, 36, 42
gauge01=SF8_F86!SwitchArmament, 157, 24, 36, 42
gauge02=SF8_F86!SwitchAlternateStatic, 195, 20, 35, 44
gauge03=SF8_F86!SwitchSmoke, 127, 131, 36, 42
gauge04=SF8_F86!ButtonDropTanks, 183, 106, 46, 46
gauge05=SF8_F86!LeverThrottle, 0, 157, 236, 315
gauge06=SF8_F86!SwitchFlightControl, 168, 438, 39, 39
gauge07=SF8_F86!SwitchElevatorTrim, 168, 510, 34, 40
gauge08=SF8_F86!SwitchAileronTrim, 108, 573, 40, 40
gauge09=SF8_F86!SwitchRudderTrim, 176, 564, 45, 45
gauge10=SF8_F86!SwitchPressureControl, 147, 610, 80, 40
gauge11=SF8_F86!SwitchPressureSchedule, 179, 659, 45, 45
gauge12=SF8_F86!SwitchDropTanks, 102, 654, 70, 70
gauge13=SF8_F86!IconThrottle, 10, 665, 25, 25

draw_order00=gauge00, gauge01

//-------------------------- Radio Popup -----------------------
[Window07]
file=Radio_Popup.bmp
size_mm=280,588
position=8
visible=0
zorder=98
ident=10007

gauge00=SF8_F86!ANRadioCOM1, 11, 16, 270, 135
gauge01=SF8_F86!ANRadioNAV1, 11, 148, 270, 135
gauge02=SF8_F86!ANRadioAUX, 11, 280, 270, 68
gauge03=SF8_F86!ANRadioSIF, 11, 345, 270, 108
gauge04=SF8_F86!ANRadioIFF, 11, 450, 270, 135

draw_order01=gauge01, gauge02
draw_order02=gauge02, gauge03
draw_order03=gauge03, gauge04

//-------------------------- Compass Popup -----------------------
[Window08]
file=Compass_Popup.bmp
size_mm=280,588
position=8
visible=0
zorder=98
ident=10008

gauge00=SF8_F86!ANRadioADF1, 9, 3, 270, 405
gauge01=SF8_F86!ANRadioCONTROL, 11, 412, 270, 167

//-------------------------- Oxygen Popup -----------------------
[Window09]
file=Oxygen_Popup.bmp
size_mm=240
position=0
visible=0
zorder=98
ident=10009

gauge00=SF8_F86!OxygenFlow, 72, 40, 91, 91
gauge01=SF8_F86!SwitchOxygen, 50, 185, 100, 50

//-------------------------- Status Popup -----------------------
[Window10]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=16,16,16
size_mm=200,300
window_size= 0.19
alpha_blend=0.70
position=2
visible=0
zorder=99
ident=10010

gauge00=SF8_F86!Status, 0, 0, 200, 300

//-------------------------- OSD Window -----------------------
[Window11]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
size_mm=100,100
window_size=0.15
type=SPECIAL
position=0
visible=1
zorder=100
nomenu=1
ident=10011

gauge00=SF8_F86!Keys, 0, 0, 1, 1
gauge01=SF8_F86!Display, 0, 0, 100, 100

//-------------------------- GPS Popup -----------------------
[Window12]
size_mm=456,378
window_size=0.475
position=0
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
visible=0
zorder=99
ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0

//-------------------------- Minipanel -----------------------
[Window13]
position=1
visible=0
ident=MINIPANEL

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$VC_gauges1

gauge00=SF8_F86!SimF86F, 0,0,1,1
gauge01=SF8_Sabre!XMLSound, 1,1,1,1
gauge02=SF8_Sabre!TrafficInfo, 2,2,1,1,100025
gauge03=SF8_F86!Airspeed, 510,7,181,184
gauge04=SF8_F86!Attitude, 292,5,195,196
gauge05=SF8_F86!ANRadioAP, 754,900,265,123
gauge06=SF8_F86!VerticalSpeed, 748,16,175,163
gauge07=SF8_F86!PercentRPM, 284,219,195,185
gauge08=SF8_F86!GasTemp, 512,218,201,201
gauge09=SF8_F86!FuelQuantity, 754,228,183,175
gauge10=SF8_F86!FuelFlow, 296,456,176,170
gauge11=SF8_F86!TurnBankRMI, 519,437,188,201
gauge12=SF8_F86!MachNumberDME, 752,434,201,205
gauge13=SF8_F86!HydPress, 651,663,124,124
gauge14=SF8_F86!Accelerometer, 484,674,124,124
gauge15=SF8_F86!Voltmeter, 456,812,96,92
gauge16=SF8_F86!Clock, 558,814,68,67
gauge17=SF8_F86!MultiPress, 803, 664 ,140,134
gauge18=SF8_F86!ElectricalLoad, 642,825,98,98
gauge19=SF8_F86!WhiskeyCompassVC, 466,918,86,88
gauge20=SF8_F86!LightAlternateVC, 958,0,67,67 // FS9 958,-3,67,67
gauge21=SF8_F86!LightFire1VC, 957,64,64,64
gauge22=SF8_F86!LightFire2VC, 954,119,70,67
gauge23=SF8_F86!LightFuelPressVC, 963,178,64,64
gauge24=SF8_F86!LightGeneratorVC, 970,241,54,54
gauge25=SF8_F86!LightMainInverterVC, 961,292,64,64
gauge26=SF8_F86!ANRadioADF1, 3,590,270,405
gauge27=SF8_F86!ANRadioAUX, 0,269,270,68
gauge28=SF8_F86!ANRadioCOM1, 0,0,270,135 // FS9 -1,-2,270,135
gauge29=SF8_F86!ANRadioIFF, 2,443,270,146
gauge30=SF8_F86!ANRadioNAV1, 0,136,270,135 // FS9 -3,136,270,135
gauge31=SF8_F86!ANRadioSIF, 0,336,270,108 // FS9 -2,336,270,108
gauge32=SF8_F86!LightOxygenVC, 967,350,55,61
gauge33=SF8_F86!LightRadarVC, 963,405,64,64
gauge34=SF8_F86!LightStarterVC, 963,460,64,64
gauge35=SF8_F86!LightTanksVC, 969,518,64,64
gauge36=SF8_F86!LightTrimPositionVC, 964,573,68,70
gauge37=SF8_F86!AccelerometerKnob, 601,951,27,27
gauge38=SF8_F86!PlateRadioCall, 758,832,72,32

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=0
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$VC_gauges2

gauge00=SF8_F86!GyroCompass, 2,291,474,503
gauge01=SF8_F86!Altimeter, 492,269,284,292
gauge02=SF8_F86!GearPosition, 535,15,180,240
gauge03=SF8_F86!VORLOC, 29,18,233,245
gauge04=SF8_F86!RadioCompass, 752,17,196,216
gauge05=SF8_F86!OxygenFlow, 814,300,153,155
gauge06=SF8_F86!PlateInstructionsVC, 11,810,407,116
gauge07=SF8_F86!PlateChecklist, 451,771,64,36

draw_order00=gauge04, gauge03

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8192
SIZE_Y=3400 // render_3d_window=1: 6143

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,10001,10002,10003, 10004,10005

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=0.5, 0.0, 0.0 // SIZE_Y=6144: 7.7
VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, 45.0
VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=15.0, 0.0, 90.0
VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_DIR=8.0, 0.0, 135.0
VIEW_REAR_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 180.0
VIEW_REAR_LEFT_DIR=8.0, 0.0, 225.0
VIEW_LEFT_DIR=15.0, 0.0, 270.0
VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=10.0, 0.0, 315.0

[Color]
Day=255,255,255
Night=200,130,110
Luminous=200,130,110

Bone
December 8th, 2011, 18:34
thanks

Javis
December 9th, 2011, 05:40
Thanks, guys, i'll do my best to hand it over to Santa who could then rap it up in Xmas paper and place it underneath the Xmas tree with jingle bells and all.

About those new radios... those edges look so nice and round. You either went FSX native...

I wish i could ! ( i work at night now too, using up all 24 hours in a day.. )

or else you're using the infinite poly hack for fs2004, right?

Don't even know what it stands for ....? :rolleyes:

cheers,
jan

Milton Shupe
December 9th, 2011, 06:01
Jan, your work in the VC is astonishing! Excellence through and through. :) Thank you for raising the standards continuously over the years, and for the many great flight sim gifts from incalculable hours of investment. No one should have this much fun! :applause: :medals:

Bone
December 9th, 2011, 06:51
Below is the Panel.cfg that should have shipped with the SP1, which didn't make it into the download I got aparantly...This is the fix that Hansi sent me way back when. ***USE AT YOUR OWN RISK***BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FIRST***

Should be fine, but just a standard precautionary statement... :)

I guess there is a faulty gauge controller called out in the old panel.cfg file. So you can try this out.

OK, I tried the alternate panel cfg, and that did the trick. The upside is that I really honed my formation skills, since an inop speed brake really makes you pay attention to thrust and energy management.

Thanks again.

txnetcop
December 9th, 2011, 07:46
Jan this is one of the very best of the vintage jets ever produced for fs9 and one of the greatest FSX port-overs! Thank you so much for all great work! The price is hard to beat too! You and your development team set the bar for this vintage jet! I had the pleasure of being one of the beta testers and I can't remember when I had so much fun with my clothes on. Your team of developers are just the CAT's MEOW Amigo!!!
Ted

dharris
December 9th, 2011, 13:17
Woooooeeeew, the cat's meow? Been awhile since I heard that! But I concur, this is one of the best portovers that I have had the pleasure of using, thanks for all your teams hard work, it is really appreciated. Don

skyhawka4m
December 9th, 2011, 13:25
http://youtu.be/QGSU6H5zv4U

wallyboard
December 9th, 2011, 13:37
Howard Hughe's jet Pilots w/ John Wayne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Zsmr8nXsI

patful
December 12th, 2011, 15:56
Anyone else counting down the days and hours until Christmas like the girl in the Hallmark commercial? :jump:

patful
January 19th, 2012, 17:08
Bump. :kilroy:

skyblazer3
January 22nd, 2012, 20:46
and bump some more.

Javis
January 23rd, 2012, 04:49
Working on it, boys. A few bumps in the taxiway to the Xmas tree. Sorry we missed it... :redf:

Please allow us a bit more time.

cheers,
jan

patful
January 23rd, 2012, 11:30
Please allow us a bit more time.

cheers,
jan

Don't sweat it. I've been swamped with a family health crisis since before Christmas, and wondered whether I'd missed the release. Thanks for the update, and your efforts.

Pat

Maury2008
February 17th, 2012, 23:06
Any new progress?

Maury

Tom Burnside
July 19th, 2012, 05:35
Where can I get these repaints. And can I use them in FS9.

fliger747
July 19th, 2012, 10:43
So where can I get the base pack? Not finding it here, though there are repaints, or through the Section 8 home page, which just takes me to a bunch of VOZ aussi scenery downloads.

T

fliger747
July 19th, 2012, 11:48
Found it at Avsim....

T