PDA

View Full Version : A2A WoP 3 Spitfire Mk Ia - OTU Pack

ICDP
January 30th, 2011, 09:40
By 1942 surviving Mk I Spitfires were being transfered to training units, I have created 3 such Spitfire Mk Ia OTU (Operational Training Unit) repaints. They will be available at Sim-outhouse.com when the upload is approved.

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I, AR212. LV-N. 57 OTU, Royal Air Force. Hawarden 16th March 1942. This peculiar schemed Mk Ia was used as a 'jumper' aircraft to train RAF recruits on Luftwaffe fighter tactics. For this reason it was given a yellow nose to distinguish it as the 'enemy'.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/ICDP/AR212_57_OTU.jpg

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I, AR213. JZ-E. 57 OTU, Royal Air Force. Personal aircraft of RAF ACE, James 'Ginger' Lacey
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/ICDP/AR213_57_OTU.jpg

Spitfire Mk Ia HK854. 1 Middle East Training School, Royal Air Force. El Ballah, Egypt, 1942. This aircraft was one of two Mk Ia Spitfires sent directly to Turkey in 1940. Somehow they both returned to RAF inventory in the Middle East being re-serialled as HK854 and HK856.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/ICDP/Desert.jpg

Tim-HH
January 30th, 2011, 10:10
Excellent! Thanks a lot Martin :applause:

Greetings
Tim

gradyhappyg
January 30th, 2011, 10:40
I am wanting this bird bad enough you are not helping.
LOL!

SADT
January 30th, 2011, 11:43
Thanks for these awesome skins Martin! :salute: :wiggle:

jankees
January 30th, 2011, 11:50
excellent stuff!

peter12213
January 31st, 2011, 06:48
Great thanks mate!

Kowalski65
January 31st, 2011, 09:15
And there was me thinking all repaints would be just green & brown :)
Thanks for these great repaints!

Rami
January 31st, 2011, 09:20
ICDP did an update to the JZ-E which included the yellow training stripes previously omitted. Rather than keep the update in the library, I consolidated and updated the original package. So, those who downloaded it may want to do so again for the JZ-E update.

Thanks,

ICDP
January 31st, 2011, 10:15
ICDP did an update to the JZ-E which included the yellow training stripes previously omitted. Rather than keep the update in the library, I consolidated and updated the original package. So, those who downloaded it may want to do so again for the JZ-E update.

Thanks,

That's great Rami, thanks for that. It makes things so much easier.

Z-AZ1USN
February 1st, 2011, 13:34
By 1942 surviving Mk I Spitfires were being transfered to training units, I have created 3 such Spitfire Mk Ia OTU (Operational Training Unit) repaints. They will be available at Sim-outhouse.com when the upload is approved.

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I, AR212. LV-N. 57 OTU, Royal Air Force. Hawarden 16th March 1942. This peculiar schemed Mk Ia was used as a 'jumper' aircraft to train RAF recruits on Luftwaffe fighter tactics. For this reason it was given a yellow nose to distinguish it as the 'enemy'.

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I, AR213. JZ-E. 57 OTU, Royal Air Force. Personal aircraft of RAF ACE, James 'Ginger' Lacey

Spitfire Mk Ia HK854. 1 Middle East Training School, Royal Air Force. El Ballah, Egypt, 1942. This aircraft was one of two Mk Ia Spitfires sent directly to Turkey in 1940. Somehow they both returned to RAF inventory in the Middle East being re-serialled as HK854 and HK856.

I emailed ya as I couldn't get these to show in FSX preview. I gave you my email address and you replied something about having issues with my email address. Anyway would still like
to get these to pop in FSX.

BTW, with Accusim the older Spits are a PITA to start, very very particular and even then
when I have all the switches flipped and primed the carb, it turns and turns like my old
77 ford maverick. Now the newer version they included will fire a cartridge and lite off
just fine. Even in autostart the older spits just turn and turn...

ICDP
February 1st, 2011, 13:50
Hi AZ1USN,

Are you able to get other repaints to work? If you are following the steps correct then it should show OK. Be sure that you are changing the xx in [fltsim.xx] to the next number in the sequence in aircraft.cfg.

Sorry about the email, I forgot to update the address in the instructions.

CodyValkyrie
February 1st, 2011, 14:45
When starting the MK1a, you can use your starter for up to 30 second periods after which you should let it cool down. While trying to start, add more primer and move the throttle a bit. Usually a boost of primer or two during the start gets me going.