PDA

View Full Version : New factories

Pat Pattle
January 29th, 2011, 01:40
Hi all,

I'm currently working on replacing the stock factories in the BoB install with something a little more British in outline (hopefully!). The smoke effects are stock so they could be used in a stock install - I'll upload a seperate pack for any folks who'd like them in that.

I couldn't resist putting in a couple of railway signals too! :)

BTW do we have any british outline / alternative railway wagons?

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/CFS3%20ETO%20Battle%20of%20Britain%20install/CFS3_BoB_Factory.jpg

Led Zeppelin
January 29th, 2011, 02:19
Great, this addition will be most welcome!!

And please, don't place tanks in this facility like in the stock ones!! :wavey:

dewoitine
January 29th, 2011, 02:39
Really wonderful :salute:

ndicki
January 29th, 2011, 03:46
Those look suitably grubby and horrid! Dark satanic mills and all that sort of thing... If you were really clever and knew how to cause an effect to appear at particular times, you could model herds of downtrodden, Lowry-esque workers to stream in and out at clocking-in and clocking-out time! Actually, don't forget the hooter... Bit of period realism there.

Not to mention football matches on Saturday afternoons on the pitch on that bit of waste ground 'raand t'back o't'works!

lewis11777
January 29th, 2011, 05:06
Good stuff Clive thanks for another one of your many contributions to our game!

brundu841
January 29th, 2011, 05:24
beautiful! good work Pat! Nigel points out that as the shortage of workers, may be eating on the grass ...

magnifique!bon travail Pat ! comme le souligne Nigel cela manque d'ouvriers, peut etre en train de manger sur l'herbe...

HouseHobbit
January 29th, 2011, 07:11
BRAVO..
:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Beautiful..
Thanks very Much..

FOO FIGHTER
January 29th, 2011, 11:15
Awesome work as usual Clive!

To heck with dirty factory workers, lets have a hospital or aid station with some pretty nurses.:jump:

popsaka
January 29th, 2011, 12:33
Great semaphore, too! We have a beta engine-tender from Jno.uk knocking about somewhere...

Beautiful work... always a delight to see what you've been working on!!:ernae:

OldCrow
January 29th, 2011, 12:45
Are those barrage ballons there? If so, that's great! Now you have to do German ones! :salute:

ndicki
January 29th, 2011, 22:47
I've just worked out what's missing (other than the aforementioned grubby workers) - walls. It needs walls round it, topped with broken glass in the best British tradition, with factory gates and a curved sign over the gates saying "Morley & Co." or "Pattle & Woods" or something...

Pat Pattle
January 30th, 2011, 02:00
Are those barrage ballons there?

The balloons have been part of the ETO install from the start (I need to re-do the cables sometime as they cause odd effects at distance). There's no Jerry ones that I know of, if someone would like to mod these feel free!

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/CFS3%20ETO%20Battle%20of%20Britain%20install/CFS3BoB_London_Dorniers.jpg

I've just worked out what's missing (other than the aforementioned grubby workers) - walls. It needs walls round it, topped with broken glass in the best British tradition, with factory gates and a curved sign over the gates saying "Morley & Co." or "Pattle & Woods" or something...

Have thought about that too Nigel. We can't have broken glass as the H&S idiots don't want all the ne're-do-wells cutting their thieving hands on it when they try and break in late at night. Sooo I've installed rubber safety barbed wire, it's linked to the night watchmans office so that he can open the gates and let them in before handing over the keys to the safe. The goverments cutting out the middleman in the benefits system and handing the money over straight from source.

Have also fitted a nice new gate. :)

Frosty
January 30th, 2011, 02:30
...(I need to re-do the cables sometime as they cause odd effects at distance)...

Why not remove them completely on lower LODs (= greater distances)? They would probably not have been visible from such a distance anyway.

BTW, the factories look great!! But the gate, I don't know. Considering HH's favourite treatment of other people's work, a sign saying "HH Scrapyard" would be more fitting :icon_lol:...

KellyB
January 30th, 2011, 04:50
The balloons have been part of the ETO install from the start (I need to re-do the cables sometime as they cause odd effects at distance). There's no Jerry ones that I know of, if someone would like to mod these feel free!

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/Pat_Pattle/CFS3%20ETO%20Battle%20of%20Britain%20install/CFS3BoB_London_Dorniers.jpg

Have thought about that too Nigel. We can't have broken glass as the H&S idiots don't want all the ne're-do-wells cutting their thieving hands on it when they try and break in late at night. Sooo I've installed rubber safety barbed wire, it's linked to the night watchmans office so that he can open the gates and let them in before handing over the keys to the safe. The goverments cutting out the middleman in the benefits system and handing the money over straight from source.

Have also fitted a nice new gate. :)

Sounds familiar: In the US we're starting to call it a "redistribution of wealth" rather than the dole, or welfare, or what have you.

Truly another great addition. Thanks for your work, whatever is on the gate!!!

Just one observation: Where the railroad line meets the sidings: Is that the best CFS3 can do with the mating? Just curious.

ndicki
January 30th, 2011, 06:42
Oh, that is brilliant! Nearly fell off my chair with the Elf an' Safety bit! Fantastic ironwork, too - it must have been fun doing all that!

FireStorm II
January 30th, 2011, 07:08
Beauty gate! Feet and all..... LOL
New Factory is brilliant.

popsaka
January 30th, 2011, 09:35
...and the viewing angle... I feels like Charlie gazin' oop at the chocolate fak'tree...:icon_eek: