PDA

View Full Version : How about Aluminum Cloud's repaints?

kelticheart
January 28th, 2011, 13:50
Following a thread link for Corsair famous whistling sound, I re-discovered Ghost Pony's old website. There I saw mentions of the old Aluminum Cloud's repaints.

They used to be excellent repaints for stockers, when I discovered them ten years ago I was still a rookie both in the Net usage and in CFS2.

I was able to get only three repaints from Aluminum Cloud before it was shut down, I am sure some of the older members here at SOH must have downloaded them all. I understand they were the very best around back then, the Airacobra and red-oulined 1943 US insignia Corsair/Hellcat I downloaded are still among my favourite repaints.

Could they possibly be re-uploaded here at SOH and thus preserved for us all? They could be demirrored and enjoyed on the overhauled stockers. After all of these years, I don't think there would be any objection from the original painters, providing proper credits are given.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Jagdflieger
January 29th, 2011, 09:51
That's a name I haven't heard of in a while. What fun it was to peruse their site waiting for new paints for the Senior Sim.

I've got most of them saved in my library. Unfortunately they are saved in the individual airplane folders and not as an Aluminum Cloud collection so finding them all will take some time. I'll start looking and build up a seperate folder with all of them and then we can figure out a way to either upload them or convert them to B24 Guy standard for the Faithful.

tonybones2112
January 29th, 2011, 18:44
Keltic, I think I got a whole aircraft, I am not sure(a B-17) from A/C, I can't for the life of me remember where I got it..

Tony Bones

kelticheart
January 31st, 2011, 03:28
That's a name I haven't heard of in a while. .....

I know, Jagd, but they were of such high quality that any CFS2 serious collector should have.

Don't worry about turning them to overhaul demirrored standards, I'll do it gladly for SOH. If you could just put them together and upload them, I think it will be another additional quality strong point for SOH.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

tobob
January 31st, 2011, 03:38
Sounds like a great plan! :ernae:

Desert Rat
January 31st, 2011, 05:50
Does this look familiar,

http://web.archive.org/web/20041129090327/http://www.aluminumcloud.com/

:d

dunno if anything is downloadable yet, sometimes they are, sometimes not.

Eric paints were my favs back when I started CFS2, you can find some of his works on the big sites, search for 'Eric Joiner'

Jamie

Jagdflieger
January 31st, 2011, 15:18
JD,

That's the one. I didn't know that they had a new site, but most of the CFS 2 files, while shown, do not seem to be in the archive. Still, it will make a good guide so that I can locate all of the different skins in my library.

Desert Rat
January 31st, 2011, 15:58
Jagd,

sorry for the confusion,it's an internet archive site, some stuff long lost can be found there, sometimes the downloads still work, just luck. So, not a new site, but the old one. Pity the downloads don't work, if you need them uploaded I probably have most of them for CFS2 stashed away, just holler. We should contact Eric first and ask I suppose judging by the message at the bottom of the site.

Jamie

PS. If you are looking for something lost, slap the address into this place and try your luck, sometimes it works,

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php