PDA

View Full Version : P.O. 2c Sakae Mori A6M2 Zero Pearl repaint uploaded!

kelticheart
January 28th, 2011, 03:24
A good day to everybody! :wavey:

This time I was able to upload an original repaint done by adding to the clean stock original Zero skin "AI-108" individual markings. The idea for this repaint comes from a Japanese carrier takeoff sequence WWII footage shot by Japanese camera men. It's part of a Discovery Channel documentary I recorded in the 1990's, entirely dedicated to the Pearl attack. This sequence shows the full carrier takeoff run of an A6M2 Zero, equipped with droptank, I am sure many of you saw it already at one time or another as part of several aviation or history films. Yesterday, I found out it's included also in the opening scenes of the Discovery Channel's "Wings" documentary dedicated to the F6F Hellcat.

I was able to capture a frame of that sequence, and it's attached below. It shows the Zero when it roars past the camera, the single fuselage dark band and the "AI-108" tail code are clearly visible.

Thanks to both Talon's and Jagdflieger's kind assistance, the aircraft was identified as the A6M2 flown off the carrier Akagi by Petty Officer, 2nd class, Sakae Mori. Mori took part to the 2nd wave attack to Pearl Harbour.

Since there aren't many stock Zero repaints around dedicated to Pearl Harbour, this skin adds nicely to the fleet of Japanese aircrafts for our splendid Pearl scenario generously uploaded by Crashaz, Talon and the whole PHP2 team.

As usual, this upload has all the features included in my previous Zero cleanup repaints, plus an airfile with the above historical info that will show up in your Free Flight selection window.

Enjoy!
KH :ernae:

Rami
January 28th, 2011, 04:54
Kelti,

It is approved, and available in the download queue. Thank you so very much! :salute:

PomBee
January 28th, 2011, 08:42
Just d/l'd it. Marvellous work. Thank you Kelti.

Cheers,

PomBee.:salute::salute::salute:

kelticheart
January 28th, 2011, 13:06
You are welcome lads!

Together with Sakae Mori's Zero, I uploaded the cleaned-up skin of the last Val included in PHP2's Pearl Val pack.

It's D3A1 Val "EII-238", carrier Zuikaku, originally by Revev. This completes my project on the Aichi Val side.

I still want to demirror Jaxon's Lt.Cdr. Kokuichi Takahashi Val "EI-238", carrier Shokaku and another two Kate skins done by Smashing Time. Then, all I have left is a couple of Zero cleanups from Revev's production.

Enjoy!

Oglivie
January 30th, 2011, 09:06
Thanks Kelti, got them all d/l'ed.

Any thoughts for PH repaints of Akemi's Val? Maybe this would depend on FPS, of which the CFS2 Overhaul might perhaps be better or repaints that may already be available that I did not see. But if not too much work load for you might be another neat project that would be enjoyed. Thanks again, Sir.

:engel016:

kelticheart
January 31st, 2011, 01:01
Thanks Kelti, got them all d/l'ed.

Any thoughts for PH repaints of Akemi's Val? Maybe this would depend on FPS, of which the CFS2 Overhaul might perhaps be better or repaints that may already be available that I did not see. But if not too much work load for you might be another neat project that would be enjoyed. Thanks again, Sir.

:engel016:

Hi Oglivie!

Did you try a search here with Talos2005 and Devildog as search keys? In the Japanese skins there are quite a few repaints for Akemi's Val and some of them are for Pearl Harbour.

Cheers!

miamieagle
January 31st, 2011, 09:50
Thank you for the repain, It looks great!:wavey:

Oglivie
January 31st, 2011, 18:58
Hi Oglivie!

Did you try a search here with Talos2005 and Devildog as search keys? In the Japanese skins there are quite a few repaints for Akemi's Val and some of them are for Pearl Harbour.

Cheers!

Thanks, Kelti!

I'll look for them. Your Overhaul Vals are excellent. No need for Akemi paints, it was a suggestion if you were inclined to do more Val PH paints. However I know how eye strain can get after working on paints, I experienced this also working on the FDG P-61s awhile back.

Cheers