PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast with Bud Anderson

Daveroo
January 27th, 2011, 09:25
was a good breakfast..just got back,,didnt talk much flying,as he and i live in and grew up in the same areas,,,seems he and my dad and i..know alot of the same people and families and he and my dad talked about people from the "old days" and people we all knew mutualy..then people would come into the resturant and greet him.but 90% also knew my dad and i either from our old pluming company or from the racing..fire department..so he was kind of impressed we knew so many people...LOL..

i did ask about if he had been hit by enimiey fire or not..he says its untrue that he was never shot..he took a round in his "D" model from "small arms" fire...near the tail..they "pounded it out and put a schilling in and smoothed it over"...his words...so he did infact take a round...he got a kick out of telling that story...he also said that two of "his planes" (old crows)were shot down..one with the loss of the pilot and one pilot interned in a prisoner of war camp..

other than him harrassing me over my choice for breakfast.....all went well.....he kept teasing me about wether id finish or not...LOL.....hes a good guy

crashaz
January 27th, 2011, 13:47
Nice!! Thanks for sharing!:wavey:

Bushpounder
January 27th, 2011, 18:46
I am friends with a man who flew with Bud. His name is Bill Overstreet. He too has some great stories and is a pleasure to listen to. These old guys can be a lot of fun!!

Don