PDA

View Full Version : MilViz C310R Updated

n4gix
January 26th, 2011, 11:28
The latest version (v1.012011) of the C310R installer is now available at Flight1.

CHANGE LOG:
1. All three model versions now have the "3d Lights Fix" applied. You
will only see 3d landing and taxi lights at night. Dawn/Day/Dusk will use default
landing/taxi light ground splashes.

2. Drums on the analog altimeter(s) have been modified for better operation.

ryanbatc
January 26th, 2011, 12:38
Interesting... I've been looking at this ever since I gave up Dreamfleet's C310 for FS9 hehe

gradyhappyg
January 26th, 2011, 14:15
Thanks for the HU!
:salute:

BOOM
January 26th, 2011, 14:20
Great! Thank You Bill!

Roadburner440
January 26th, 2011, 19:52
Meant to bring this to you guys yesterday, but couldn't confirm Flight1 updated it so we held off till today. We look forward to doing more GA planes in the future once we clear the current slate of projects off. Thanks for posting this Bill while I was at work! Was an interesting day to say the least.

Rockitglider
January 28th, 2011, 05:58
Interesting... I've been looking at this ever since I gave up Dreamfleet's C310 for FS9 hehe

Hello,

If you don't have it you should buy it, I had DreamFleets version too, but I think this one is better.

See ya, Rockitglider :jump:

HighGround22
January 30th, 2011, 17:40
. . . We look forward to doing more GA planes in the future once we clear the current slate of projects off. . . .

Ooh, that's good news! If those future works turn-out anywhere near as good as this little beauty, I'll be all over them as well.

This sweet little 310R rocketed up to the top of my "Most Enjoyable Aircraft to Fly" list very shortly after I got it. I confess I did have to tune-out that nasty take-off torque however (couldn't hack it even if it is "realistic"), so with your ongoing updates its near perfect, now.

Many thanks!

olderndirt
January 30th, 2011, 17:56
Ooh, that's good news! If those future works turn-out anywhere near as good as this little beauty, I'll be all over them as well.

This sweet little 310R rocketed up to the top of my "Most Enjoyable Aircraft to Fly" list very shortly after I got it. I confess I did have to tune-out that nasty take-off torque however (couldn't hack it even if it is "realistic"), so with your ongoing updates its near perfect, now.

Many thanks!As a member, albeit a very minor one, of the beta crew on that plane, my first and continuing complaint was takeoff directional control. Their '310 guru' was an actual owner who claimed this was the way it was. My thinking was that anything that swervy would never have made it past FAA cert. Other than that, it is a sweetheart to fly.

fliger747
January 31st, 2011, 10:44
Occupying the same position as Older than... I originally had much the same complaint. I think some of the control flight issues we see in FS are due to the widly varying control setups.

This was Milviz's first releae in which Colin and crew had full contril of the product from start to finish. You have seen their graphics work in many top flight releases from other outfits!

This is simply the closest replication of flying a light twin imaginable for flight sim! I have about a thousand hours in the similar sized Seneca, darn good replication! Especially the engine out performance. Bernt Stolle, another high time pilot, did an outstanding job on the flight dynamics.

I heartily reccomend this one!

Cheers: T

n4gix
February 1st, 2011, 09:16
Occupying the same position as Older than... I originally had much the same complaint. I think some of the control flight issues we see in FS are due to the widly varying control setups.

My solution was to very slightly advance more power to the starboard engine, and learn to use the rudder to compensate until about 40 kias...

After a lot of practice, it's become second nature now to hold it on the center line now... :ernae:

fliger747
February 1st, 2011, 10:00
Saitek has a fairly new travellers twistie stick, which unscrews the stick, and folds, it has twin throttles, which works well for this application as described. I didn't do that IRL with the Seneca, as it was turbocharged and had some boost lag, which could create other issues later in the takeoff. My friends who have a lot of time in the Beech 18 used that split throttle method. Interestingly it was also used in the 18 on landing, thottle manipulation, to keep it straight (avoid groundloop) as it slowed below rudder effectiveness.

Cheers: T

Roadburner440
February 1st, 2011, 17:48
I agree with the above statements about the split throttle.. Ever since I bought my X-65F I have found this is the best way to control a number of aircraft.. From our little Cessna 310R all the way up to A2A's B-17G.. Without the split throttle I used to fight what I call rollout shimmy which in real life is normally caused by incorrectly serviced shimmy dampers or landing gear. Now with the dual throttle I am able to power up the side the aircraft would normally rotate too and progressively advance the other engines up to V1, and then of course take off. My only experience is in helicopters so I really can't say to much as far as the sim versus real life flight dynamics of the 310. All I know is we worked extremely hard at it as that was the hardest part of the project to really nail down.

fliger747
February 1st, 2011, 19:05

I tried using the split throttle with the Shupe Dash 7 which I am starting to peek at the flight dynamics for FSX, but found it to only control two of the four engines. How did you set up for a 4 engine bird?

Cheers. T

bstolle
February 1st, 2011, 22:40
Talking about split throttle on the Dash7....
That was NO fun IRL because there wasn't a single Dash7 sim in the first years.
So we had to do 2 eng out training (on one side of course) with only 50% elevator and only ailerons (due to the pulled control disconnects) in the actual plane in the narrow Innsbruck valley.
During take-off we never used split throttles as the torque of the way too weak engines was low.
Things got interesting at 'Föhn' when you landed with 50-60kts crosswind and a Vref of 78kts. In that case you had to use full brakes and max reverse on one side to stay on the runway....also no fun...

fliger747
February 2nd, 2011, 10:29
I did all my Dash 7 training in the plane as well. The type rating was done at night in Anchorage, in turbulence so bad you couldn't really read the instruments, crowned by a NDB circle to land on two engines with a horrible rain and crosswind. My instructor turned to the fed and said... "Had enough".

I do remember doing the NDB down to mins (400-1) at Sand Point in the Aleutians, and landing in a 50 knot X wind... Great plane, for that sort of stuff, fabulous roll control, huge double acting rudder, just slow and mechanically complicated. The cockpit window had something like 109 moving parts....

T

Roadburner440
February 2nd, 2011, 16:58
Fliger.. A2A has Accu-sim which they coded a program outside of FSX to allow you to assign controls.. So in that external program they have individual axis for the left and right side engines.. Also within FSX you can select any combination of engines to control... Although I imagine with a payware copy of FSUIPC you could set up your controller this way as well (I have a copy, but I only use it to control the winds in FSX and for nothing else). I don't know why FSX won't allow you to assign multiple engines to a signle axis though within the sim itself.. Would think they would have an option to link 1 & 2 and then 3 & 4. Sadly that is not the case.

fliger747
February 2nd, 2011, 19:07
Thanks RB440!

In working on a plane for public consumption one has to design to a reasonable modicum of control sophistication. So thanks for the answer, I'll not spend a long time chasing this down. Flying the whale, on approach I will sometimes use a bit of Diffy throttle instead of reaching for the rudder trim, or in the sim during engine out drills, sometimes a lot gets used.

I hope everyone likes the 310, the whole beta process was by far the best I have been associated with.

T