PDA

View Full Version : Question on axis bindings

W. Bleddyn
January 26th, 2011, 04:21
Probably a very rookie question, but they are the kind I always ask ;)

I have a 2 axis for my throttle controls. However when I fly any more then two engines then of course I can't assign one to each engine. I saw that with the A2A B-17 joystick configurator you can assign them to "Throttles Left" and "Throttles Right" which works a treat but only on that plane. Is there any way for me to assign controls like this universally to all planes?

Sieggie
January 26th, 2011, 05:54
I think the only answer is the payware version of FSUIPC, it will allow multiple axises to be assigned to a control. I use this to set one throttle lever to eng 1 & 2 on the B17 and the second throttle lever to eng 3 & 4.

Dave

W. Bleddyn
January 26th, 2011, 07:09
Thanks for the reply :salute:

LonelyplanetXO
January 26th, 2011, 23:10
Um, actually; I've just spent 3 hrs getting my Saitek gear set up and I suspect you may be able to do that in the axis section of FS' controllers. Might be wrong cos, I'm not trying to do that but with the saitek gear I have 3 slider axes and can assign each to a specific thing (in my case, throttle"Z",pitch"X" & mixture "Y"). Check that out.

LPXO

W. Bleddyn
January 26th, 2011, 23:33
Thank you for the input. I can set things to each axis without problem, but what I am trying to achieve is not possible in the default UI so far as I can see.

When flying twin engine plane I have Axis #1 set to Engine #1 Throttle. Axis #2 is set to Engine #2. But when I am flying a plane with 4 engines I am stuck assigning them all to one throttle because the game does not allow you to assign one axis to both left engines, and the other axis to both right engines. I was hoping someone knew a way to do that.