PDA

View Full Version : The real D3A1 Pearl Harbour livery flown by Takashige Egusa uploaded!

kelticheart
January 26th, 2011, 00:23
A good day to everybody! :wavey:

I just uploaded the demirrored version of Jaxon's repaint of the D3A1 flown by Ltnt. Cdr. Takashige Egusa, dive bomber Flight Leader of the 2nd wave during the Pearl Harbour attack.

This is the historically correct "BI-231" repaint for Pearl Harbour scenario. I'd suggest anyone who cares for historical details to replace the later green camo "BI-231", I uploaded few days ago, with this skin. The green "BI-231" was flown by Egusa in a different Pacific theatre during 1942.

Enjoy!
KH :ernae:

Rami
January 26th, 2011, 05:15
Kelti,

Your attention to detail is outstanding. Thank you so very much! :salute:

Jagdflieger
January 26th, 2011, 10:27
Thanks Kelti!

We can make CFS 2 as historically correct as possible with your fine paint jobs.

Oglivie
January 26th, 2011, 20:23
A Japanese 'Red Baron'...The Red Samurai Val.

Thanks Kelti!

Jagdflieger
January 26th, 2011, 21:12
I read many years ago that these colorful leader liveries were meant to look like the traditional Japanese Koi fish that are often seen in large fountains and ponds. In Japan the Koi fish represent good luck or fortune and in Buddhism they represent courage. I don't know if that's why these planes were painted like they were, but it is an interesting theory.

Oglivie
January 26th, 2011, 22:23
Yes, that is interesting. Thanks for the info, Jagd.

miamieagle
January 27th, 2011, 06:42
Thank you!:salute:

Jaxon
January 29th, 2011, 02:48
Very interesting Jagd.
Indeed I thought for myself already they look somehow like these Kois.
But I did not know, this was intended.

PomBee
January 29th, 2011, 03:33
I've just downloaded this new skin, and it's beautiful. My "Kelti" collection is looking great.

Thanks Kelti,

PomBee.:salute::salute::salute:

erufle
January 29th, 2011, 04:35
OH MY GAWD!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, This has been my favorite val skin FOREVER. Now, I usually don't get worked up about skins, but to have someone improve upon this old favorite of mine just makes me want to get up and dance a jig! :salute::jump::ernae::applause::medals::redfire:

sc7500
January 29th, 2011, 07:55
....to have someone improve upon this old favorite of mine just makes me want to get up and dance a jig!...

I need to see Video Proof of this important phenomenon......

Please Post Here.

SC
:kilroy:

Talon
January 29th, 2011, 13:32
I need to see Video Proof of this important phenomenon......

Please Post Here.

SC
:kilroy:

SC,

He does break dancing.He breaks a leg,a foot,an ankle and than falls and breaks his skull which might be an improvement and make him normal for once in his life. What was I thinking?Erufle normal,never happen.:icon_lol:

Talon

kelticheart
February 8th, 2011, 13:05
All I have to do left are the damage textures and this repaint will be ready for upload.

Hopefully by next week.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Jagdflieger
February 8th, 2011, 13:16
Good news! We'll be looking forward to here.